At least we got CUBS/CARDS

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
I'm glad they got at least one game today. Last couple years they took 4 full days off.

First look shows Hendricks has been a very bad bet L365

View attachment 33478

but Cubs a very respectable 21-12 @ home this year in conf. However, once again the under cashes over 60% of the time for 17% ROI
View attachment 33479

Tough call as C-MArt has been unpredictable at best this year and Kyle has been pretty bad(win-wise) so how do you lean under...lmao

WTF...at least we got ACTION!

both cubs/cards 9-5 in 1st game after break since '04...here's how the rest of the teams did

ccb3499e-cee0-47c8-9667-23c37bb248a1.png

I lean over tonight. Think it's tough to count on Hendricks having turned it around over a few off days. Expect Cubs to hit Martinez. We should know early as both of these pitchers have been awful in the first inning this year.

Hendricks looked a little better his last two times out. He gets in mechanical ruts where his location suffers. Sounded like maybe he figured it out. We shall see.

C-Mart has looked good last 4 starts as well...only allowing 3 runs once and a total of 10 runs over last 4. Also they faced off 6/18 and cubs won 6-3 at SL while both starters allowed 3runs. The SL pen not near as good and would likely sink SL unless Carlos goes very deep(not likely)

I hate backing Hendricks but my plays are
  • 952 Chicago Cubs -1 -115
  • 951 St. Louis Cardinals/Chicago Cubs Under 9½ -105

run support
Hendricks had a bumpy first half as he battled his fastball command, but he also suffered from a lack of run support. The Cubs scored a single run in eight of the 28-year-old's 19 starts.
Hendricks 34-20 SU as the home favorite (31-4 SU when Cubs score more than 2 runs).

Why narrow your L365 query down to conference games only? Seems arbitrary like you're reaching (I'll admit that's kind of dickish to say). Instead of NL games only, I think narrowing down to division games divisional home games only might give you another good angle on the under though. I'm a SDQL snob I'll admit. :confused: Only one game in town probably has me in a bad mood. :rolleyes:

Here's one for you --> In his entire career, Hendricks is the most profitable starter in the MLB at cashing the under at home.

Why narrow your L365 query down to conference games only? Seems arbitrary like you're reaching (I'll admit that's kind of dickish to say). Instead of NL games only, I think narrowing down to division games divisional home games only might give you another good angle on the under though. I'm a SDQL snob I'll admit. :confused: Only one game in town probably has me in a bad mood. :rolleyes:

I actually did it both ways. I think DIV would have been better parameter but I also value conference games as well. Everything I looked at was pointing under except if u look at games with total 9 or higher at CHI...then it goes 27-16 over last 4 years in division https://goo.gl/fK91zQ

Last edited:
Holy crap, yeah I wish I hadn't seen that now. Look at those games with a total of 9 or higher when you narrow down to night games... :(

With Hendricks' propensity to give up a run in the first inning, maybe you'll have an opportunity to buy the Cubs at a better price after these first three outs..

Back