A's - 102

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

I think lester gets it done.. Kc a great story and how can root against them..

But Oakland wins this..

why? The A's have imploded and have an inferior bullpen plus a joke of a lineup today

The A's are/have always been an underdog team. I believe their awesome play for 2/3 of the year got to their heads and they started believing that they were the best team and probable WS champs. Now everyone (general public, gamblers, "experts") are counting them out.

As far as the lineup - what would you suggest for the lineup? That's a variation of the same roster they've been running out there for the last month. Dunn on the bench is surprising but that is about it. Norris is on the bench because the Royals will run wild on him. Callaspo shouldn't even be on the post season roster - liability in the field and at the bat. Gomes has sucked all year.

Lester.

I'd much rather have my $$ on a guy like Lester than Shields but that's just me. Shields has had trouble limiting lineups like CWS as of late.

I think chances aren't bad neither starter gets a decision.

The A's are/have always been an underdog team. I believe their awesome play for 2/3 of the year got to their heads and they started believing that they were the best team and probable WS champs. Now everyone (general public, gamblers, "experts") are counting them out.

As far as the lineup - what would you suggest for the lineup? That's a variation of the same roster they've been running out there for the last month. Dunn on the bench is surprising but that is about it. Norris is on the bench because the Royals will run wild on him. Callaspo shouldn't even be on the post season roster - liability in the field and at the bat. Gomes has sucked all year.

Lester.

I see Lester, can't disagree with that.

Went KC & under today, but it's not so much about what can they do with the current roster it's just awful all around. Sam Fuld couldn't play for them earlier in the year, yet he's hitting 2nd. Donaldson has absolutely no protection (and I'm not even sure Dunn would be considered good protection with his insane K-rate in a park where HR are scarce), Norris should be catching because they need his bat

I see Lester, can't disagree with that.

Went KC & under today, but it's not so much about what can they do with the current roster it's just awful all around. Sam Fuld couldn't play for them earlier in the year, yet he's hitting 2nd. Donaldson has absolutely no protection (and I'm not even sure Dunn would be considered good protection with his insane K-rate in a park where HR are scarce), Norris should be catching because they need his bat

Fuld couldn't play for us earlier since we had an OF that had Cespedes in there. Go check Norris' bat - he's had 2HR's and 18RBIs since July 18th. Fuld has had 3HR's and 19RBIs during the same time. So if you say they need Norris then Fuld needs to be in the lineup.

Norris has only thrown out 16% of runners this year compared to Soto's 43% (small sample size I know). If the Royals get on they will steal all around the bases with the Lester/Norris combo.

Fuld couldn't play for us earlier since we had an OF that had Cespedes in there. Go check Norris' bat - he's had 2HR's and 18RBIs since July 18th. Fuld has had 3HR's and 19RBIs during the same time. So if you say they need Norris then Fuld needs to be in the lineup.

the us slipped smithy, c'mon my man you're better than that

I haven't made a bet in 16 days so I'm not as plugged-in, but the playoffs are a different season

the us slipped smithy, c'mon my man you're better than that

I haven't made a bet in 16 days so I'm not as plugged-in, but the playoffs are a different season

I'm coming off the bench for "us" tonight GW haha. If the playoffs are a different season then you can't take into account the shitty A's 2H. As Beane says the playoffs are a crapshoot and this game is just that.

Good luck tonight GW

Another thing - who has the pressure on them? The A's who shouldn't be here due to their historic collapse or the 29yrs later we are finally in the postseason Royals?

Norris has only thrown out 16% of runners this year compared to Soto's 43% (small sample size I know). If the Royals get on they will steal all around the bases with the Lester/Norris combo.

Well well well

I left the house after the 7th... Got a text during dinner saying Wtf...

I checked the score and almost shit my dinner out..

I think chances aren't bad neither starter gets a decision.

lol, not quite the way I drew it up. I was thinking last-at-bat win, but more like a 4-3 game. What a game though. Took on a personality all its own, instant classic.

Back