ArizonaKid 2015-16 NBA Season

ArizonaKid

Pretty much a regular
Futures

Spurs to win it all 12-1
Rockets to win it all 20-1
Cavs to win it all 3-1

Spurs and Rockets were from when odds just came out and I thought they were solid value even before Aldridge and Lawson were added to their respective teams. Cavs imo a lock to come out of the East but no way I lay -230 to win the East so I placed this thinking I could hedge in the finals if I wanted.

Season Win plays

Cleveland over 56.5...Think the East is weak and they will play to get HCA for the finals and hit 60+ wins
OKC under 57.5...Expecting them to be worse defensively than in previous seasons and a rookie coach but during the preseason they have looked great. West still stacked at the top and 58+ wins will be a push
Miami over 46.5...lot depends on health but I think they push 50+ wins
Denver under 27.5...think they finish bottom 2 in the West.
Charlotte over 33.5...loved this play before they lost MKG for the season but I like they way they have looked in the preseason.

WED 10/28

OKC - 3.5
Phoenix -2.5

Spurs didn't look in sync during the preseason and have always had trouble w/ OKC when Ibaka is on the court. Home team will be pumped on opening night and Durant's first game in some time. Mavs as expected looked lost in the preseason and Williams and Matthews can't be game ready having only played in the last preason finale on Friday night while Parsons is expected to miss the opener. Think Tyson Chandler is looking forward to this game and controls the paint and expect Dallas to have a losing road record this year and it starts on opening night.

Last edited:
Thanks Paulie, Metallica, and Cogenman.

0-1

WED 10/28

Brooklyn/Chicago under 194.5...Jarrett Jack has been ruled out for tonights game leaving Shane Larkin to run the point and I think he struggles getting the Nets offense in sync. Over the last 2 years these two have played 6 times in 7 games to the under. Hollins has yet to embrace todays faster up tempo game and his teams have been among the slowest paced teams in the league and I expect him to continue that this season with a limited roster talent wise.

THUR 11/5

1-3

Denver/Utah under 191...Utah the slowest paced team in the NBA to date and the Nuggets are suprisingly below league average in pace. Utah is 2nd in the league in D eff. (hello Rudy Gobert) and both teams are bottom half in terms of O eff...Utah gpoing against all league trends and refusing to shoot the 3. 6 pf the last 7 meeting between these two reams have gone to the under and will take a shot on it being 7 of the last 8.

FRI 11/6

2-3

Cleveland/Philly 1H under 100...these 2 just played on Monday night and the Cavs gave a poor defensive effort, allowing the 76ers to shoot a season high 44.7% in a 107-100 win, which is a season high for them and a season worst for the Cleveland D. With the Cavs leading the league in D eff. and the 76ers the worst in the league in O eff. and both teams playing towards the bottom of the league in terms of pace I will look for the Cavs to come out w/ the defensive intensity racheted up and a low scoring 1H.

Cleveland defended badly DELIBERATELY. You need to decided what they want to do.

SAT 11/7

4-3

Kings/Warriors over 218.5
Jazz/Grizz 1H under 89

ADD:

Golden State 1H - 7.5

Expect the Warriors to score what they want on a bad defensive squad in the Kings esp. with Cousins still out and took the Warriors 1H based on the Kings being down 7, 9, and 11 the last 3 games w/out Cousins. Jazz/Grizz play based on just poor offensive production to date from the Grizz and going up versus a very solid defensive team with a great rim protector and these being 2 of the slowest teams in the league.

Last edited:
MON 11/9

6-4-1

76ers/Bulls 1H under 100.5...Only 1 of 6 76er games has hit 100 in the 1H so far so I'm not seeing a triple digit first half tonight between two offenses that are struggling, . The Bulls are 24th in O eff while the 76ers are 28th and neither squad plays uptempo. Think this one is played in the paint in an old fashioned grind.

Well it doesn't look like cash wants in on the Rockets, Spurs, Warriors bet on who goes deepest in playoffs. Are we still betting? Or just forget about it?

TUE 11/10

7-4-1

Pelicans -2...Will have a few more bodies tonight in Asik and Holiday playing and at home expect AD to get them their first W. Were only down by 2 entering the 4Q in Dallas in a B2B game and faded down the stretch.

WED 11/11

8-5-1

Boston -2.5
Houston - 12.5

The Celtics are on a B2B but are just a better team than the Pacers who they lost to a week ago on the road by 2. Home court, deeper bench, and better O and D efficiencies for the Celtics...only question is if Bradley and/or Smart are playing tonight but Turner has played well last 2 games and more run for Isiah Thomas is a good thing imo. Brooklyn is a bad team that will not have the firepower to keep up with a Rockets team that has now won 4 in a row and i feel a blowout is coming in this one.

Well it doesn't look like cash wants in on the Rockets, Spurs, Warriors bet on who goes deepest in playoffs. Are we still betting? Or just forget about it?

I was hoping for the 2-1 payoff that a 3 way bet would have allowed. At this point I'm out but certainly something we can revisit as the season progresses and it's closer to postseason.

ADD:

Atlanta 1H -7.5...Pelicans are going to be brutally thin tonight w/out Holiday and Davis and after the pathetic start last time out for the Hawks were they were down 30 at half I expect a dedicated start tonight vs a depleted team that they had down by double digits at half last Friday in New Orleans w/ AD playing.

WED 12/16

9-9-1

San Antonio -13
Utah/New Orleans over 201
Atlanta/Philly under 199.5
Chicago/Memphis under 194

Back