Arizona St. @ USC

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
Just an FYI - As of this morning Rudy Carpenter is OUT for the game. The press is reporting he may play, but he's out of today. There's a small chance he'll give it a go, but Danny Sullivan is taking reps with 1st team all week.

Sullivan has a strong arm, but with ASU's OL it won't matter who's back there.

Actually I'm hearing differently, I heard Sanchez will go, but they're trying to keep it quiet. But who knows. It could be my buddy screwing with me.

yanks should have more on this tonight. but yes, it doesn't matter who's back there for asu. carpenter was an impressive warrior in last year's game, but got simply demolished by usc hits/tackles. and just last week...whenever cal wanted to get to him, they did. bottom line...the trojan defense will completely contain (and dominate) whatever offense asu throws out there as the sacrificial lamb.

anyways, mitch is being prepared to start. media day today in trojan land...and sanchez was spotted getting off a golf cart "very gingerly." according to various media people, he wouldn't put hardly any weight on the knee...and this is today, competition tuesday in trojan land.

nothing is 100% sure for either side...but it really doesn't matter in this spot. nor is there any reason for the trojans to risk anything with sanchez. so by the sounds of things, my bet is that mitch starts on saturday.

so in terms of the line/spread, assuming this is true...what's left to judge is a trojan offense led by mitch mustain against the asu defense...that (btw) cal had their way with in the 1st half...other than one brainfart/pick by longshore.

forgot to say...
too many unknowns for this game to be a good play...either way...even if i still think that usc names the score.

Sullivan is being thrown to the wolves this week.. USC scores 14 on defense.

OC Sarkisian says they're preparing to play as if Mustain will be under center this Saturday; however, if Sanchez can practice some tomorrow, he'll likely go.

If Mustain gets the shot he will go all out, which is great for USC backers.

OK, Rudy Carpenter practiced tonight, which I think the media will get ahold of soon. Practice is closed to the media on Thursday, but Rudy took snaps tonight. Not sure if it was 1st team or 2nd team, but he says he's playing. However with an off week next week and hosting Oregon I'd be really surprised if they play him. They cannot afford to go to 2-5 if Rudy plays this week and gets hurt again. But there was no hesitation when he said he's playing. Very possibly he may give it a go and see how he feels for a series or two and go from there.

They might just be trying to avoid letting the USC defense know what they're doing.

If anyone wants to know on Friday if Sanchez is in or out, shoot me a PM..

Their Linebacker Brian Cushing is best friends with a good buddy of mine out here in AZ, I could definitely find out

USC starting quarterback Mark Sanchez is looking like he will start this week against Arizona State this Saturday. Sanchez took all of the first team snaps in practice.
Source: LA Times

Arizona State quarterback Rudy Carpenter (ankle) is now deemed "very doubtful" for this week's game with USC. It appears that junior quarterback Danny Sullivan will start.
Source: East Valley Tribune

Back