Are the Angels the worst team in baseball right now?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

I've been watching a lot of them lately and its some of the worst baseball I've ever seen.

They don't even get hits let alone runs.. Team plays with no heart and it shows, its very obvious when you watch them.

I don't see any end in sight, this might be the worst team in all of baseball..

Thoughts?

I've been watching a lot of them lately and its some of the worst baseball I've ever seen.

They don't even get hits let alone runs.. Team plays with no heart and it shows, its very obvious when you watch them.

I don't see any end in sight, this might be the worst team in all of baseball..

Thoughts?
Agree,,,no heart and just do everything wrong with an inflated payroll

Im watching the Astros go toe to toe with TX and they play with heart and try.....and a fraction of the payroll

you do know that Trout, AP and Howie have been out of the lineup?

you do know that I said lately..

Last 15 games:

18th in runs
16th in hits
19th in .ba

Last 10 games
20th in runs

scored 4 runs total in last 35 innings...

Agree,,,no heart and just do everything wrong with an inflated payroll

Im watching the Astros go toe to toe with TX and they play with heart and try.....and a fraction of the payroll

Someone who gets it.. Astros play with a lot of heart.

Wow. He's day to day. Just wow. Make a generalization based on two games where the best player in the league has a minor injury. Wow.

wow.

I think you may have missed the overall point OM

And you are from Detroit right? I know Trout is very good and I am sure there is some WAR number, but I think the guy I want plays for the Tigers

Ya.. Miggy best hitter no doubt. Probably a toss up for best player right now. Value wise Trout obviously killing it with his tiny contract, and being what 21 or 22 is pretty dirty. Miggy is out of this world but we've got a lot of trout left to see too.

some people don't have common sense and I don't feel like having to explain things in detail.

I said lately, its common knowledge that AP is out for the season and kendrick also out. TWO HUGE BATS..

He quotes stats when the Angels had a stacked lineup.

This is their lineup nowadays
1. J.B. Shuck (L) LF
2. Erick Aybar (S) SS
3. Josh Hamilton (L) DH
4. Mark Trumbo (R) 1B

5. Hank Conger (S) C

6. Kole Calhoun (L) RF

7. Chris Nelson (R) 3B

8. Andrew Romine (S) 2B

9. Peter Bourjos (R) CF

Do I need to say more?

Thanks for screwing up another thread orange.

The team literally had ONE hot stretch ALL YEAR in July and that was IT.

For a team with some of the most expectations (not that I agreed with them, mostly bc of their pitching) fell very short. I'm surprised Sociopath is still around.

What's funny is that Vegas still treats them like a favorable team and there's been a lot of opportunity fading them. Taking overs works a lot with them against other high scoring teams, because their offense doesn't really dip on the road, basically the same at home in the top 1/3 of the league.

You're absolutely right, Gyno - they look lethargic and disinterested. Scioscia looks complacent.

They've been a go to for a great part of the season probably a top 5 profiting team for me this season.

Tip: Overs are 14-5 in Angels games this August.

Absolutely. This team is Fucking awful. They lose in the worst ways and have quite possibly the worst bottom half lineup in majors with a shoddy bullpen.

Hamilton is off peds or back on meth, dude doesn't give two shits.

A toss up for best player right now between miggy and trout? Right now being key emphasis, miggy better at 75% than trout at 100%. It's a rout. Cabrera putting up ridiculous numbers that haven't been witnessed too often these past 3 years.

But if its for future I'm starting my team with Trout.

agree that it is cabrera.....offensive numbers unmatched if he is juice free....ruth like....trout an unbelievable talent...hit,run,catch....could be a mays type

Back