April 29 MLB

I am not playing it but a fairly good case can be made for the over in the same game.

Yanks have hit Owens hard over small sample
Owens inability to consistently throw strikes not only leads to base runners, better timing from the on deck circle but also makes the sox have to use bullpen
Tanaka bad fenway numbers, partly because of a horrid outing in Sep14
two flyball pitchers with green monster
Pedroia hits Tanaka well and I feel he is the actual catalyst or key bat in their lineup
Boston bats v righthanded pitching

I am going with yankees listed pitchers but the above makes the over something worth looking at.

Sort of tells you the state of things for the Yankees. Probably the Yankee ace at this point up against a call up because Kelly is on the DL for Boston and the yanks may still be dogged. What other year in my lifetime would that happen? Just very telling about the Yanks lineup this season.

I also like the yanks, their bats should be able to hit owens. They should be selective bc owens doesn't know where the ball is going

There is this thing. First half bet:shake:

I mentioned somewhere else that I cannot kick myself in this instance for that. Were I backing Owens against Tanaka because I think Owens would perform, then I think that is the instance I would go first five. Here, I am almost positive heading in that Tanaka if normal will pitch more innings than Owens if normal. Certainly Yankees bullpen availability was good too.

I do miss first five opportunities (sometimes playing overnight and don't have the option but want the price) sometimes but I don't think that game was one where I would be upset with myself for taking full game. So much so that I mentioned this fact at Underdogsofwar before the game was even over. Obviously it would have worked out and I do think I would be slightly better off this year had i played first five on everything.

It was tied at the time ...

• <cite style="font-style: normal; font-size: 1.1em;">clowncar</cite> Says:
    <small class="commentmetadata" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; display: block;">April 29th, 2016 at 6:43 pm</small>Hard to go first five with Yanks in that spot knowing Owens is unlikely to go long innings. So cannot kick myself for that I don’t think.
  • d3aa16fdf008fb9de71e5547adaed0ae
    <cite style="font-style: normal; font-size: 1.1em;">clowncar</cite> Says:
    <small class="commentmetadata" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; display: block;">April 29th, 2016 at 6:48 pm</small>Big Papi.

Back