April 24 MLB

Have not looked yet but probably on the other side.
Do Not bet against Houston at home on SUNDAY
FELDMAN is 1-4 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 9.37 and a WHIP of 2.143.
Very ugly but my guess pre study is I still play Houston

Have not looked yet but probably on the other side.
Do Not bet against Houston at home on SUNDAY
FELDMAN is 1-4 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 9.37 and a WHIP of 2.143.
Very ugly but my guess pre study is I still play Houston

Thanks Metal, Mrob

Tuck, it isn't without its concerns for me. Owens can struggle to throw strikes which is not my usual type of pitcher to back and I admit that when I do back that type of pitcher for a full game, I am usually confident I have the bullpen advantage (and that isn't really the case here). Boston BP is a bit depleted and used up so they could really use some innings from Owens. The good news is that they say Owens is more comfortable throwing from the stretch and he is good at producing strikeouts which houston is vulnerable to. In other words, he might be able to pitch through trouble. Also concerning is houston is hitting four pts shy of .300 against lefties so far this year (though they are not producing runs against lefties). Normally another concern would be how many flyballs Owens gives up and he is playing in a relatively small park. But he seems to do better defending the hr ball away as he didn't give one up in any of his five away appearances last year. Houston hasn't seen him making their strikeout probabilities go up as well. I think he only gave up more than 3 runs in the away games last year once. You also have a pitcher that Boston sees about as well as any they face and they have seen a lot of him. Unlike Owens, Feldman just isn't capable of getting that third strike. His outs are coming from the ball entering play. I am a sucker for these types of plays with the unseen vs the seen and hit, probably because it generally treats me well. Boston with nonmeaningful on deck with the ATL while Houston travels to start a six game road trip where all the games are at divisional rivals. So I am a pretty big fan of the spot. I have probably made a decent case for the over by going over the concerns.

Thought they were gonna blow two saves with a two run lead in the same game for a second but Hembree got it done. Sigh Kimbrel.

Back