AP to the Cardinals

I've chewed on this and just believe Arians is no longer pro Palmer...run and play defense I guess

AP is the opposite of the type of runner BA likes, he wants his RBs to be able to double as receivers. This is the opposite of that. And his trust in Palmer has to be worn out, so run and d up...going to be a different team for sure

I can see AP get 16-20 carries a game. Arians is stubborn, he isn't going to let this deal fail without giving AP a full body of work.

Reactions: KJ
had him stashed on two rosters and then dropped him after hearing the Saints coaches talk about how they still plan on using him here and there...figured he would languish in that role for the Saints...

How can you say he doesn't have it? Based off what? He barely played in 16 and this year. I need a bigger sample size before I say hes finished.

How can you say he doesn't have it? Based off what? He barely played in 16 and this year. I need a bigger sample size before I say hes finished.
according to pro football focus from a stats perspective he's so low that he's unranked as a RB in not only pass catching but also pass protection

Which means he can't play on pass plays, he's a negative

He was 3.2 yards after contact per run up until the last two seasons when he dropped to 2.3

So he can't play in pass situations, on 3rd down, late in games, or even play action since he can't pass protect. He also isn't elite is a runner anymore, he's below average, and teams can stack the box.

Maybe the cards scheme turns it all around for him but from what he's shown the last now 26 months it seems very unlikely and he won't be a positive at anything more than a short yardage back

That was against the 7th ranked run defense. Cardinals looked good. Will be a tough out going forward.

yup. guy is in unreal shape. Plays hard.

He can move up a lot of big names on this list this year.

8 Eric Dickerson 13,259
9 Tony Dorsett 12,739
10 Jim Brown 12,312
11 Marshall Faulk 12,279
12 Edgerrin James 12,246
13 Marcus Allen 12,243
14 Franco Harris 12,120
15 Thurman Thomas 12,074
16 ADRIAN PETERSON 11,983

To be honest i thought he was higher. I guess he had 2 years which were basically nothing then one in his prime that missed 1/4.

He's been really good

Nothing in the past 2 years had shown this was coming, and doing it today with no real threat of a passing game in Stanton was all the more impressive

Guy is a stud. The problem for me with RB's is that they are the most easily replaced position in football, or was. There are a lot of young legs that can probably do what the best backs are doing for a few seasons. Use them up and replace them. It's above tight end but otherwise, the position is pretty much the least important on the field excluding special teams positions. With that said, AP was/is the real deal. In his prime, a monster.

Back