AO wta ladies...

Songo

Pretty much a regular
(documented)
06' -29.86 units
07' +1.36 units

Third year I'll be posting my plays.... more experience and more knowledge, but that doesnt mean this year will end profitable, its betting world... the world, where sure things doesnt exist.

two small plays I like tonight:

Dementieva vs Peer over 22 @1.952 (-105) (pinnacle) 1 unit

catched it for 2.020 but posting an available odds..... this match could go either way, if Lena will take the first one, Shahar wont give up so easly, she never gives up. She can also get an extra help from Lena, who "likes" to be inconsistent , esp with her serving. If Shahar takes first set, I do believe Lena will rise her level of play.

Vesnina +7 over Sharapova @1.98 (unibet) 1 unit

however you would look at it, 7 games is a lot, no doubt. Im trying to look at that game in a little different view. Elenka has already nice two wins under her belt, and that means she has more confidence. Maria crushed Lindsy, and this also caused that she gained an extra respect from bookies. I will not say that she doesnt deserve this. Anyway I believe Elenka has nothing to lose in this match, and will want to show herself at this big arena.

Well, we'll see how im far from being at least an average capper...

gl to all

what do you think about Makarova to beat Petrova and Radwanska to beat Kuznetsova? they are possibles?

saturday's play:

Lisicki +4 games over Woźniacki @1.855 (pinny) 1.5 units

I like Caroline's game, but last year she hadnt convinced me so much. She's still young though and I think she has a good potential to be a dangerous player in the future. Untill this will happen, she'll be have to learn a lot of things yet, as keeping consisteny or finding a better ways during the game.I expect this will be very difficult match for Caroline. She's not as solid as her today's opponent. Sabine played already 5 matches on AO courts, so she had enough time to get used to the surface. Its nice advantage for her coming into tonight's match. She has also gained a lot confidence, im sure, as she beats Safina - who's trying come for the big events very focused, and Korrytseva - who's in the rise of her game as well. Im gladly taking 4 games here.

what do you think about Makarova to beat Petrova and Radwanska to beat Kuznetsova? they are possibles?

couldnt answer yesterday bro, sorry...

if I would play on Nadia's match, I'd be against her for sure. Nadia didnt show anything special lately, she has still problems, especially with herself. She cant be consistence, and I would never trust her. If I had to choose that would be Ekaterina for sure, but I'll pass as I havent seen Makarova this year. GL

Hi BC,

Elena is one of my favourite players, just love her flat shots.... but as much as I'll be keeping my hands crossed for her I do expect she'll lose today... if Maria didnt look as strong and focused, I could try playing Dementieva, but in this case, I dont think its a good idea putting some money on her, esp she's one of the less predictable woman on tour, and always has disadvantage in serving

monday's play:

Jankovic +4,5 games over S.Williams @1.962 (pinny) 2 units

back later with some write up...

Damn, Nadia Petrova has turned in to a fatty. She'd better drop about 25 lbs of blubber right now. Shocking. She's "only" 25. No excuse.

JJ vs Ree
I strongly disagree that this should be an easy win for Ree. JJ wasnt playing so well in previous rounds, but she rised her level a bit against Casey. She had one day rest, which is actually very good for her I believe (she's one of that girls who always complain on tiredness ;)). I also believe there will be more long rallies than quick points on Ree's serve, where JJ has clearly advantage over her. She's quickier and didnt miss too much, so Ree will have a lot of work to win a point on her second serve. If JJ will also be serving enough good, and Ree wont be perfect at serving, this really should be a tight match. An odds are wrong imo, and 4 games is a lot to cover against extra solid JJ, so im gladly taking it.

Damn, Nadia Petrova has turned in to a fatty. She'd better drop about 25 lbs of blubber right now. Shocking. She's "only" 25. No excuse.

I think and hope she's a nice girl out of courts, but I just cant stand with that what is she doing on courts..... her attitude and behaviour only makes me laugh, but also little piss me off when I have to watch this... im sorry for her.... and oh, I really dont care how she looks like, she can be even fatter for me.... yeah, would be more fan :)

Some women can carry the extra weight, no problem. Sveta, Kimmi Clijsters, and Queen Booty can be chunky and do just fine.

But Nadia Petrova's results have gone right down the drain the last 2 years, and her weight has gone straight up.

Nadia Petrova needs to drop the weight if she wants to play top 10 WTA tennis again. End of story.

And yeah, I met Nadia Petrova back in 2004 at Indian Wells.....I like her. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with winning tennis matches.

I also really like Angelika Roesch and Iroda Tulyaganova, and neither has won a damn thing as far as big time tennis matches go.

I'm on JJ ML. GL with the HC line Songo. Serena is due for an off (high ufe count) type match imo. She's been too consistent so far this tourney.

the NZ TAB has live hth betting on this Jankovich/Williams match, but they also had a sets betting option on it as well, which they've unintentionally left open.'an_horse'

You're lucky Ccl, I wish I could meet at least Nadia, and talk to her.... I've never met any wta player yet...

Great hit on ML, GP, congrats :shake:

Hey BC, what is "NZ TAB"? Sorry, but I couldnt decode this shortcut. Anyway im almost sure there's no better site for live betting than betfair... yeah, I know, im lucky that I can play in both: pinny and bf...

I take Ana b/c of a few strong (for me) reasons.
The first one, which always comes to my mind is who's going to dominate this time. Everybody who was able to watch Venus vs Domachowska, already can say, that she wasnt so sure, when she had to back to the baseline. No, I didnt forget that she's one of the best baseliners on tour. But thats not the point here. Ana is always trying to dominate on courts, and I believe that slower courts will only help her to achieve that, or at least make an equal battle. Venus had clearly advantage over Ana in her 2 previous meetings: 1st one was on the surface which Venus loves (I actually think Ana has still problems to hit the ball on grass, as the ball doesnt bounce so high) and 2nd on Venus's backyard. Ana also is more mature player now, and still on the rise, no doubt. She's going to break that Venus h2h lead, earlier or later, and I believe this will happen today. I expect an equal match today, so the odds on Ana are little too high, im taking it with small stakes. gl

friday's play:

Ivanovic +5 games over Sharapova @2.0 (pinny) 1 unit

I wont do an exception here and will continue betting on "dog" in this tourney. Without any doubt, Maria is in her form of life. She beats Henin and Jankovic in straights and this is why she gained a lot of respect from bookies. On the other side, Ana, as a dog, beats Venus (for the first time), but then had a tough game ag Hantuchova. I think those last matches helped to put a wrong odds for the final. No matter how good Maria has been playing for all the tourney, Ana cant be underrated here. Its already her second gs final game. The last, she lose badly ag Henin, but I think she wasnt prepared for that at all. Now, she's more mature, and theres no such big pressure for her coming into the final.
As for the game, I do believe Ana is a real, tough opponent for Maria. Maria actually has a better serve, but Ana's serve also can be dangerous, if it's on, her first serve is very tough to return. Both has hell of the return, but Maria isnt as sharp as Ana in this point. Ana loves to hit hard first ball, and win a quick point or make the rally for her advantage. If we talk about the rallies, I think Ana is actually the most dangerous player from those 3 Maria had to play in the last matches. With her huge forehand, she can win the point with some hard hit close to the lines, or construct the point, making Maria run from side to side. JJ couldnt do it, as she has way less power, and Henin was making too many errors if it cames to play the long rallies. Maria is mentally very tough, but lets not forget what happened last year. Nobody expected that she'll lose to Serena in straights. Ana can be focused till the end of the tourney, she has already showed that in the last year. I believe she'll make at least a close game tonight, if not win it outright.

GL

Thats why I had Jankovic +5, but we all know how that worked out. Tough to try and figure out when Masha lets up a little. This is the best she's played in a while.

Errors didnt kill Henin, it was her pathetic 1st serve %.

Thats why I had Jankovic +5, but we all know how that worked out. Tough to try and figure out when Masha lets up a little. This is the best she's played in a while.

Errors didnt kill Henin, it was her pathetic 1st serve %.

You're right about Henin, thanks for correct me.

But it's not the best Maria's played in a while, it's the best she has ever played. She improved nearly every part of her game.

You're brave, Grapevinekid, hopefully you'll hit it.

Good to see you on the same side, BC, thanks and gl to you also.

You're lucky Ccl, I wish I could meet at least Nadia, and talk to her.... I've never met any wta player yet...

DT-

I figured you went to some of the WTA events in Warsaw, Sopot? Yeah, man, tennis tourneys are a blast.

The tourney in Indian Wells is the best damn tourney on the planet for access to players practicing and all kinds of stuff. The doubles matches are where you can talk to some of the players coming off the court......so much more laid back.

I rememeber a doubles match with Sharapova partnering Kirilenko back in 2004. Sharapova came off the court and about walked right through me.....she wasn't stopping for anything. Cold, steely eyes.....and obviously a giant. That was before she won her first slam. Kirilenko was just a little tiny thing back then. I looked at her, and she was just like a little Sharapova wannabe back then..........now she's smoking hot.

Good stuff, man. Get to a tourney as soon as you are able.

Back