Anyone on Boise at all?

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
So much love for SJS tonite....would be good for me to be wrong here....

Sure SJS beat Hawaii here, but geezus....that is like when Fresno handed Hawaii 5 turnovers after completely killing us the whole game.....

Hawaii held SJS to 2 yards per carry on 39 carries.....and Boise's defense is as good or better than Hawaii's......

SJS scored on a trick play in the 1st quarter and were held to ONE first down for the next 2 1/2 Quarters........

Hawaii's super inaccurate QBs had 6 turnovers to SJS's ZERO, and ask anyone who has watched Hawaii play.....the turnovers were unforced....Hawaii QBs can't hit the Ocean if they were in a boat.....

Hawaii's defense completely swamped SJS, until the 6 second half turnovers handed SJS the game .....

Boise's Kellen Moore is the real deal......and he sure as hell won't give SJS the ball 6 times like Hawaii's QBs......

SJS has beat who? 1-AA UC Davis (13-10), 1-6 SDSU, WAC basement dwellars NMSU and Utah State.....and like I mentioned Hawaii (who leads the world in throwing the ball to anyone NOT in a Hawaii uniform).

I fugging hate Boise State, but they are a machine, with better defense this year, a deeper running game, and much better athletes......

Boise - 6 1/2 (-120)

Boise 24 SJS 7

:seeya:

I jumped on SJ State but slowly looking for ways to get out of it . Boise State OWNs the 2nd Q in games this year and pretty solid in the 3rd Q as well. So thinking about Boise State 1st H play here . Agree with the grind out game here and playing the Under as well...might roll with Boise -1 / Under 47 teaser as well......

Tough game to figure the more I look at it . GL

Hopefully - your near-perfection opinion on the WAC will not be so sharp tonight...:shake:

Good Health H

I agree with you here, HG. SJST getting WAY too much love, IMO.

The Spartans have played two decent teams this year (Nebraska & Stanford), and lost both games by a combined total of 36 points.

The Spartans impressive defensive stats are misleading, as they've played horrible offenses (and teams) in UC Davis, San Diego State, and Utah State. And, as you pointed out, Hawaii literally handed the game over to SJST via countless, unforced turnovers.

Conversely, this Broncos defense has been downright stellar this season. Only ONCE have they given up more than 7 points to an opponent, and that was the Oregon Ducks, at Autzen (BSU won 37-32). The Broncos redzone defense has been excellent all season.

I'm not smashing on the SJST Spartans, but I think Boise State is simply a notch above.

GL on the play, HG...will probably join you.

:cheers:

On Boise

I agree that SJS is getting too much love.

Boise proved it could travel at Oregon.

This is National TV, so SJS is not going to sneak up on Boise.

SJS has been a good turn-around story for Tomey, but they will be outclassed tonight...31-13

I agree with you here, HG. SJST getting WAY too much love, IMO.

The Spartans have played two decent teams this year (Nebraska & Stanford), and lost both games by a combined total of 36 points.

The Spartans impressive defensive stats are misleading, as they've played horrible offenses (and teams) in UC Davis, San Diego State, and Utah State. And, as you pointed out, Hawaii literally handed the game over to SJST via countless, unforced turnovers.

Conversely, this Broncos defense has been downright stellar this season. Only ONCE have they given up more than 7 points to an opponent, and that was the Oregon Ducks, at Autzen (BSU won 37-32). The Broncos redzone defense has been excellent all season.

I'm not smashing on the SJST Spartans, but I think Boise State is simply a notch above.

GL on the play, HG...will probably join you.

:cheers:

Read my post... They barely beat an Oregon team with 3rd string QB that went down and worse.... They arent as good as their record. This is the first team Boise has played with a winning record that has it starters playing...and ON THE ROAD - where they just dont cover much!

Also - at least 64% or more are on Boise according to other sports forums...

G-Man - Give me a break. What does it matter that they barely won? The fact is, they won the game, against a HEAVILY favored opponent. An Oregon team, at Autzen, down to their 3rd string QB is still better than SJST at their best.

I'm dumbfounded that the only thing you chose to read was Boise State's close win against Oregon...you negleted to address that the defense hasn't given up more than 7 points against any of their other opponents so far this season...that's a pretty awesome stat, IMO. Definitely cannot say the same for SJST (blown out by Nebraska and handled by Stanford).

I don't care what percentage is on Boise State...not going to change my opinion on the quality of the teams.

I agree that a lot of this board is not on BSU, but this is not the typical (public) board. Look around and most like Boise.

Also another big factor no one has been talking about...SJST's serious place kicking issues this season. They've missed multiple XPs and I believe they've missed more field goals than they've made this year.

G-Man - Give me a break. What does it matter that they barely won? The fact is, they won the game, against a HEAVILY favored opponent. An Oregon team, at Autzen, down to their 3rd string QB is still better than SJST at their best.

I'm dumbfounded that the only thing you chose to read was Boise State's close win against Oregon...you negleted to address that the defense hasn't given up more than 7 points against any of their other opponents so far this season...that's a pretty awesome stat, IMO. Definitely cannot say the same for SJST (blown out by Nebraska and handled by Stanford).

I don't care what percentage is on Boise State...not going to change my opinion on the quality of the teams.

aztec, sjsu definitely did not get blown out at all by nebraska...in fact they outplayed and outgained them. if it weren't for a couple of miscues (a pick that was returned deep in their territory when they were driving, a kick return for a td, and reed getting knocked out late) they may have won that game. boise's defense is very solid; definitely not disputing that...but they haven't exactly played the toughest schedule either. we'll see how they do if they can't get off the field for long drives. there were a lot of factors in that oregon game that led to them winning that wouldn't normally happen...at least imo. i believe it was garfather who said that if they had 5 minutes more of regulation in that game, oregon's defense had boise figured out and finally adjusted to their own qb and probably would have won by double digits...and i completely agree. still an impressive win, you're right, but i just think it's a little misleading...much like the score in sjsu's two losses

In College when you have a good QB and the backups are badly inadequate, you should never be considered competitive at that point. They werent and still rolled up points.

As far as 'I only chose to point out Boise/Oregon' ? what OTHER team did they blow out with a winning record? They didnt play any other team that wins! Nada. Tonight if Bosie losses Kellen Moore on the first snap to injury, what do you think Boise's chances are of winning? If they dont win, then what?.. SJ beat a team with a weak backup???

Seriously, The Donkeys beat no one yet.

Lets see if they are Jackasses or real Stallions! :shake:

I have a TV bet on Boise St...my local had 6'. TV bet is just money "i have in my pocket".

Also another big factor no one has been talking about...SJST's serious place kicking issues this season. They've missed multiple XPs and I believe they've missed more field goals than they've made this year.

very very good point...prob the only reason why the amount of this wager isn't doubled for me...

In College when you have a good QB and the backups are badly inadequate, you should never be considered competitive at that point. They werent and still rolled up points.

Oregon's backups are anything but badly inadequate. Oregon's 3rd string QB could actually start for a handful of Pac 10 teams.

As far as 'I only chose to point out Boise/Oregon' ? what OTHER team did they blow out with a winning record? They didnt play any other team that wins! Nada. Tonight if Bosie losses Kellen Moore on the first snap to injury, what do you think Boise's chances are of winning? If they dont win, then what?.. SJ beat a team with a weak backup???

Seriously, The Donkeys beat no one yet.

Lets see if they are Jackasses or real Stallions! :shake:

I guess I'm not following what you're trying to say.

I think you're blinding yourself to SJST's extremely weak schedule more than you're over-analyzing Boise State's.

Guess how many STRAIGHT UP wins SJST has against teams with a winning record?......ZERO! NADA! Not one!

And what are the combined records of the teams they've beaten thus far?...11-22!!!!!!! Wow...just wow!

And...what other teams has Boise State blown out with a winning record? None. But I look at it like this...all of their wins have been blowouts, except one (the Oregon game).

Better?

:shake:

Oregon's backups are anything but badly inadequate. Oregon's 3rd string QB could actually start for a handful of Pac 10 teams.

Home dog on national TV. Havent we learned yet?

Fuck dude, if it was that easy, i'd just quit my job.

You are seeing the same thing I am seeing.. not on the game yet, but now:4_12_12:

Well analyzing this game, I really looked at how both performed away at Pac10 foes; BSU went to Autzen and basically played the Ducks even; a ton went on in that game as was pointed out in this thread, but there really was nothing wrong with the Duck defense and Boise basically moved the ball at will. The fact they 'got it figured out' after 55 minutes doesn't add up to much for me.

SJSU visited Stanford and got absolutely manhandled along the LOS; while Boise St was getting outgained in Eugene by 40 yds, the Spartans were getting knocked around in Palo Alto to the tune of -140 yards. Did I mention that Stanford is quite inferior to Oregon? At least by my ratings.

That said, factoring in the environment for SJSU and the fact Tomey is a great coach at this level, esp as an underdog, I am not betting this game, but I def lean Boise (TV bets aren't real bets).

Good luck to whomever you're on.

Honestly, I think this goes one of two ways...one is Boise comes out and just thrashes SJST, meaning by the time it's halftime we're all swearing our asses off and looking for a way to hedge out...OR, San Jose State keeps this thing close, one possession score type of close. So of course, two extremes there...no idea where to go lol.

BUT, I must agree, it seems everywhere you look everyone is on San Jose State, with people mentioning the ML as well.

Boise's still a BCS pain but they may get all they can handle here. San Jose's no longer a ragamuffin. Now in his fourth year of propping up this program Coach Dick Tomey's got it working from '01 through late '05 these Spartans went an ugly 15-41. But, as Toney's takeover started to show progress they're 21-13 since that point. And they've driven Boise State crazy their last two trips here.

In '04 Boise survived 56-49 as 33 point favorites. In '06 it was Boise 23-20 as 13.5 point picks. Note the increased respect the linemaker has for these Spartans who are now an astounding 23-8 ATS in their 31 lined games. WOW! In handicapping that's a cash cow!

Boise's a solid unit but they're 3-6 ATS as away favorites while SJS is 5-0 ATS their last handful as home dogs. SJS is an outrageous #3 in the country in sacks and will NOT be intimidated here.

Where is Meatballs?

I remember reading something in Steele about San Jose State about being terrible historically as a Dog?

Boise's still a BCS pain but they may get all they can handle here. San Jose's no longer a ragamuffin. Now in his fourth year of propping up this program Coach Dick Tomey's got it working from '01 through late '05 these Spartans went an ugly 15-41. But, as Toney's takeover started to show progress they're 21-13 since that point. And they've driven Boise State crazy their last two trips here.

In '04 Boise survived 56-49 as 33 point favorites. In '06 it was Boise 23-20 as 13.5 point picks. Note the increased respect the linemaker has for these Spartans who are now an astounding 23-8 ATS in their 31 lined games. WOW! In handicapping that's a cash cow!

Boise's a solid unit but they're 3-6 ATS as away favorites while SJS is 5-0 ATS their last handful as home dogs. SJS is an outrageous #3 in the country in sacks and will NOT be intimidated here.

Where is Meatballs?

That increased respect for SJST is the exact reason I'm on BSU. Thought this line would be around 10.

Where is Meatballs?

One thing you didn't mention is that they are 5-2 at home dogs since Tomey came in. And NONE of the home losses were by more than 7 points! And they have covered every game this year except the bogus game at Stanford.

This thread got going after I left I guess. For the record Boise State did blwo out Oregon @ Oregon look at when the Duck started to score ? Think it was 34-10 after 3 quarters ....:shake:

Good call HG. Was looking great till Boise ran up the score and fucked my 2nd H under and 2 team teaser . Despite having Boise State 1st H still lost the same amount had I just kept my original +7.5 SJ play that I tried to middle .

So much love for SJS tonite....would be good for me to be wrong here....

Sure SJS beat Hawaii here, but geezus....that is like when Fresno handed Hawaii 5 turnovers after completely killing us the whole game.....

Hawaii held SJS to 2 yards per carry on 39 carries.....and Boise's defense is as good or better than Hawaii's......

SJS scored on a trick play in the 1st quarter and were held to ONE first down for the next 2 1/2 Quarters........

Hawaii's super inaccurate QBs had 6 turnovers to SJS's ZERO, and ask anyone who has watched Hawaii play.....the turnovers were unforced....Hawaii QBs can't hit the Ocean if they were in a boat.....

Hawaii's defense completely swamped SJS, until the 6 second half turnovers handed SJS the game .....

Boise's Kellen Moore is the real deal......and he sure as hell won't give SJS the ball 6 times like Hawaii's QBs......

SJS has beat who? 1-AA UC Davis (13-10), 1-6 SDSU, WAC basement dwellars NMSU and Utah State.....and like I mentioned Hawaii (who leads the world in throwing the ball to anyone NOT in a Hawaii uniform).

I fugging hate Boise State, but they are a machine, with better defense this year, a deeper running game, and much better athletes......

Boise - 6 1/2 (-120)

Boise 24 SJS 7

:seeya:

HG - yesterday afternoon, I was one of two or three people on this board backing Boise (just check out the threads started by troy and ramble)- the SJST backers were loud in declaring why Boise was a horrible play - dont see them here this morning as Boise throttled them..total yards almost 2:1 in favor of boise.....nice job

Nice call on Boise.

Ill be sure to fade them when they play an opponent who can score on their defense? Maybe Nevada?

Nice call on Boise.

Ill be sure to fade them when they play an opponent who can score on their defense? Maybe Nevada?

Considering Nevada's defense (giving up 32 points/game) is much worse than SJST's, I'll gladly be on Boise in that one.

Back