Anyone know how Dr. Bob is doing?

No idea on that. I haven't heard much about him in years. I know the luster of his releases seemed to wear off with line movement.

No idea on that. I haven't heard much about him in years. I know the luster of his releases seemed to wear off with line movement.

Yeah he had some pretty bad years in a row just recently and all of the excuses he made about losses did not help. We all get frustrated about losses but I know the excuses were wearing thin with subscribers and non-subscribers alike ;-)

pretty good 18 year record if it is accurate

No doubt but the last 5-6 years have been rocky. The guy has made a shitt-ton of money, though, so good on him, but the excuses get old real quick especially for those of us who have done this long enough to know that over the course of thousands of samples the "luck" tends to even out.

Ya. It is a bad look to whine when you are charging what he is charging too, Majent.

I understand fluctuation, I assume people paying that much for picks understand fluctuation, and I even understand him wanting to explain away bad fluctuation, I do it too. But he would be better off saying he is making positive EV plays and not getting the results but that it should even out and that maybe he was running above average for X number of years. Bad advertising I know. One of the major struggles I faced when I was attempting to sell some picks (not much business to be honest) is that I and the other people I worked with refused to lie about expectations. If you say you are likely going to go 54-56% over the long term (which means some 52% seasons or worse for sure; aka losing years) while competing with services who market heavy and advertise 65% winning percentages that people dumbly believe, it is tough. So I understand his unwillingness to admit he made some bad plays, probably more than most. So I think Bob is trying to spin his results as best he can without really lying about them.

Back