Anyone have any thoughts on XFL Week 1 action?

carolinablue

College Football Guru
I think I am going to play the over in the first game and here is my rationale....Even though they have clock rules to speed up the game, I think that first and foremost The Rock is a sports entertainer at heart and once a carny always a carny, and he knows that they cannot come out of the gate with a 13-10 type of game, as points and big plays that make the highlight reels are what equal ratings in today's day and age, so I expect there to be fireworks in the first game.

Totally get that most of the coaches are defensive minded, but again, I am leaning this way simply based on the sports entertainment factor and given that they are centralized, it wouldn't be too hard to "encourage" a wild one out of the gate to get people excited. Curious to hear what you guys think!

Week 1
3pm Vegas vs Arlington o36.5 110 BOL

There are playmakers on both sides. Tough 2 bank on points in these secondary leagues out of the gate, but Vipers & Renegades should boast 2 of the more potent offensive attacks in the XFL. I bought it up to 37 and hit the over.

Also think Vegas is being sold short. There's NFL experience on that roster that could go a long way in this type of LG. If BM ever posts $ or alt lines, I'm throwing some beer money at the Vipers. It's early so who the hell knows...

I seriously don't know why they don't play these Mickey Mouse leagues during actual football season, Tue/Wed nights when people are actually interested in football. I know it's well funded but so have other leagues been too. I didn't even know it started this season til you posted this lol.

Hope if you bet a future the season actually gets completed.

I seriously don't know why they don't play these Mickey Mouse leagues during actual football season, Tue/Wed nights when people are actually interested in football. I know it's well funded but so have other leagues been too. I didn't even know it started this season til you posted this lol.

It would get so overshadowed if they played it during the NFL season. I love that they do it during the NFL off season.

I appreciate the fact that it gives players and coaches a chance to not only continue living their dream but also to potentially make it to the next level. Given my past history in the world of sports entertainment, I kinda have a soft spot for things like this as I can relate to the players and coaches who aren't looking for a handout, but rather just longing for an opportunity. Definitely an uphill battle ahead, but again, I appreciate DJ giving these guys a shot to do what they love.

It would get so overshadowed if they played it during the NFL season. I love that they do it during the NFL off season.
It will always get overshadowed, rather it be when people actually want to watch football as opposed to when we're on football fatigue. Happens to all these leagues. Other than die hards I wouldn't see it on in a sports bar here. Basketball, hockey, golf, soccer will always overshadow it in Spring and Summer months. Every time they do this maybe the first game or first weekend gets watched out of curiosity but playing off nights during actual football season would definitely be more lucrative. Wish they'd try it.

It will always get overshadowed, rather it be when people actually want to watch football as opposed to when we're on football fatigue. Happens to all these leagues. Other than die hards I wouldn't see it on in a sports bar here. Basketball, hockey, golf, soccer will always overshadow it in Spring and Summer months. Every time they do this maybe the first game or first weekend gets watched out of curiosity but playing off nights during actual football season would definitely be more lucrative. Wish they'd try it.

You don't watch any of it anyway. You literally run all over the forum telling everyone how you don't watch things and how little you care. I could find a dozen posts within 3 minutes of you doing so. Man, you really need attention huh? I feel bad.

I think it would over saturate the market to have it during the NFL season.

I think it would over saturate the market to have it during the NFL season.
I really don't think they're comparable products. Look at how crazy we go with MAC games to have action on Tue/Wed nights, that would be their only real competition. I want to see it succeed but don't know many people jonesing for football in Spring and Summer. CFL is plenty and it has a niche market

I didn’t even know it had started till I heard AJ Maccarron crying on local news this morning, I assume he the battlehawks qb and they won the game? All I kept thinking while he was in tears about this being a dream come true was, cmon bro you played for Alabama! I’m sure you had far bigger achievements there than anything you did in this garbage league nobody cares about, or even knew you were playing in my case! lol

Im not sure cause I don’t care at all bout some shoddy ass football product, the nfl has become somewhat hard to watch there no chance I can stomach football with dudes who not talented enough to be nfl backups for the most part, but pretty sure STL feels so jaded by nfl the idiots around here can’t get enough of it! If they smart they gave stl a pretty good team cause think they will prob get as much or more support here as they will anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Back