Anyone got any insight on the AFL game tonite?

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Los Angeles vs Chicago -10?

Leaning towards Chicago......why? cause i saw some posters on other boards on LA and because line dropped from 10 1/2....

:spank:

here's some info on the game thanks to STEED over in the Service Plays thread....

Teddy Covers

AFL Monday Night (4-0 100% Arena Run) 7/8/07 Daily Selection

7/9/07 AFB Chicago -10 (108)

ANALYSIS: We hopped on the LA bandwagon last Monday Night, just in time for their dominant victory over Utah to open up the playoffs, a 64-42 blowout that wasn’t nearly as competitive as the final score might indicate. LA’s outstanding showing, in front of a national TV audience, gives us all the value that we need to switch sides and bet against the Avengers as their competition stiffens considerably.
LA has a strong road/home dichotomy this year, playing their best football at the Staples Center and their worst football when they’ve traveled to hostile environments. The Avengers are the youngest team remaining in the playoffs. QB Sonny Cumbie has struggled against elite level defenses, particularly when facing a dominant pass rush. We’ve seen this team lose their last four on the road against other playoff squads, losing those four games by a total of 78 points, nearly 20 per contest. Quite simply, this is not the same team when facing top competition on the road.

The Avengers traveled to Chicago earlier in the season, and the results weren’t pretty for those who supported the road underdog. The Rush led 42-10 by halftime, cruising to a 35 point victory. Cumbie couldn’t handle the Chicago pass rush, and the hard hitting Rush defense forced five turnovers. There’s little reason to expect this game to be much different. We’ve all seen football teams look great at home to open up the playoffs, then struggle mightily when forced to face tougher competition on the road the following week. This has all the makings of a similar situation.

The Rush are the defending Arena Bowl champs, with virtually everyone back from that dominant postseason squad of a season ago. QB Matt D’Orazio is a veteran leader; receiver Bobby Sippio is my choice for AFL MVP in 2007 – this team rarely struggles for extended periods on offense. But the #1 rationale behind my support of the Rush in this ballgame is their top notch defense. Chicago’s defense carried them to the championship last year. LA has proven repeatedly this year that they can’t handle quality defenses on the road. And the Rush are in stellar current form defensively right now, allowing just 110 points in their last three games combined! No team in the league allowed fewer points than Chicago this year, giving up fewer than 45 points per game. At home, the Rush have been even better, allowing an amazing (by Arena standards) 36 points per game! On Monday Night, in front of a raucous, sold out crowd and a national TV audience, look for the Rush to continue their stellar defensive play, earning another win and cover for their supporters.

Take Chicago. :shake:

here's some info on the game thanks to STEED over in the Service Plays thread....

Teddy Covers

AFL Monday Night (4-0 100% Arena Run) 7/8/07 Daily Selection

7/9/07 AFB Chicago -10 (108)

ANALYSIS: We hopped on the LA bandwagon last Monday Night, just in time for their dominant victory over Utah to open up the playoffs, a 64-42 blowout that wasn’t nearly as competitive as the final score might indicate. LA’s outstanding showing, in front of a national TV audience, gives us all the value that we need to switch sides and bet against the Avengers as their competition stiffens considerably.
LA has a strong road/home dichotomy this year, playing their best football at the Staples Center and their worst football when they’ve traveled to hostile environments. The Avengers are the youngest team remaining in the playoffs. QB Sonny Cumbie has struggled against elite level defenses, particularly when facing a dominant pass rush. We’ve seen this team lose their last four on the road against other playoff squads, losing those four games by a total of 78 points, nearly 20 per contest. Quite simply, this is not the same team when facing top competition on the road.

The Avengers traveled to Chicago earlier in the season, and the results weren’t pretty for those who supported the road underdog. The Rush led 42-10 by halftime, cruising to a 35 point victory. Cumbie couldn’t handle the Chicago pass rush, and the hard hitting Rush defense forced five turnovers. There’s little reason to expect this game to be much different. We’ve all seen football teams look great at home to open up the playoffs, then struggle mightily when forced to face tougher competition on the road the following week. This has all the makings of a similar situation.

The Rush are the defending Arena Bowl champs, with virtually everyone back from that dominant postseason squad of a season ago. QB Matt D’Orazio is a veteran leader; receiver Bobby Sippio is my choice for AFL MVP in 2007 – this team rarely struggles for extended periods on offense. But the #1 rationale behind my support of the Rush in this ballgame is their top notch defense. Chicago’s defense carried them to the championship last year. LA has proven repeatedly this year that they can’t handle quality defenses on the road. And the Rush are in stellar current form defensively right now, allowing just 110 points in their last three games combined! No team in the league allowed fewer points than Chicago this year, giving up fewer than 45 points per game. At home, the Rush have been even better, allowing an amazing (by Arena standards) 36 points per game! On Monday Night, in front of a raucous, sold out crowd and a national TV audience, look for the Rush to continue their stellar defensive play, earning another win and cover for their supporters.

Take Chicago. :shake:

Thanks, Chicago it is.:cheers:

Thanks guys for the Arena pick, will take Chicago too.

Question what channel can I catch the game on tonight?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Over 97.5 is a good bet as well here guys! I like Chicago too! I'd like to get them at -10 or better.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I just booked Chicago-2.5 for the first Quarter $55.00 to Win $50. My earlier wager as I said above is $55.00 to Win $50.00 Over 97.5 for the game! Good luck tonight guys!!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks MOGO for the easy winner. I was a little worried when the Qb looked like he was walking like an 80 year old man walking with a hunchback.

However it was a nice winner.

Thanks MOGO for the easy winner. I was a little worried when the Qb looked like he was walking like an 80 year old man walking with a hunchback.

However it was a nice winner.
Yeah, that dude looked he was going to fall apart. But that defense is the best I have seen in AFL. If there is such a thing as easy winner in Arena Football, that game would easily qualify.:cheers:

Back