Anyone Else Thinking This Way?

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
I actually don't care at this point about all these cancellled games in college as long as they get us games. I'll watch the Sun Belt and MAC every day as long as we have games. Same thing with Bowl games. We don't need 40 Bowls. We just need 1 Bowl game a day outside of NFL days every day during the holidays. Get us to New Years Day and the Natty and the NFL will take it from there.
There's only 7 weeks left to pull this off.

Last edited:
I guess we're lucky we have any games this year, so I'll take whatever we get.
Exactly. Last night was the perfect example. Toledo vs Western Michigan was epic. Looking forward to next weeks MAC games. This Saturday if the can can get us a decent matchup in each time slot what else do we need? Let's keep our fingers crossed guys. I think at the very least we'll have the NFL through the holidays and lets not forget about college hoops. Why college and the NFL won't use January and February for flexibility makes no sense.
Not everything in 2020 has been a nightmare but this shit needs to get back to normal. GL boys. I appreciate all of you at CTG.

Certain times every year it gets so annoying to listen to sports talk radio and even CFB specific talk radio because all they want to talk about is the playoff and the conference title games. And now with the covid cancelations it is worse because they are bitching and moaning about 'how will they pick the teams for the league title games' 'how will they compare and pick the teams for the playoff' 'why can't they move the dates'.

None of that matters to me.

There are 127 FBS schools playing football this fall. Some of these leagues are past halfway. How many teams have a legit shot to win their division or compete for a conference title? How many teams realistically have any shot at a playoff or national title opportunity? 6, 8 maybe?

There are so many positives about college football being back. I just hate how everything gets boiled down to Big Ten and SEC or ACC Title games and who's in the playoff.

Honestly, you know what. Years ago I advocated for a 4 team playoff model utilizing conference champions only. But now, I think that it is ruining college football. It's not ruining the vast majority of games, but it's like nothing else matters, there are no other games other than the ones that play a role in who will play or make it into the playoff.

Sorry on the rant here. But this week with the cancelations so many people belly aching, hey - there is life outside the top 10 teams! This sport is so much bigger and greater than that.

So no, I don't care about any of the cancelations. I mean I would rather they play all the games and I would rather have as many games to watch and read into and bet on as possible - my last count, I think there were still 50 games this week involving FBS teams. You listen to ESPN and it's like nobody is even playing this week!

Certain times every year it gets so annoying to listen to sports talk radio and even CFB specific talk radio because all they want to talk about is the playoff and the conference title games. And now with the covid cancelations it is worse because they are bitching and moaning about 'how will they pick the teams for the league title games' 'how will they compare and pick the teams for the playoff' 'why can't they move the dates'.

None of that matters to me.

There are 127 FBS schools playing football this fall. Some of these leagues are past halfway. How many teams have a legit shot to win their division or compete for a conference title? How many teams realistically have any shot at a playoff or national title opportunity? 6, 8 maybe?

There are so many positives about college football being back. I just hate how everything gets boiled down to Big Ten and SEC or ACC Title games and who's in the playoff.

Honestly, you know what. Years ago I advocated for a 4 team playoff model utilizing conference champions only. But now, I think that it is ruining college football. It's not ruining the vast majority of games, but it's like nothing else matters, there are no other games other than the ones that play a role in who will play or make it into the playoff.

Sorry on the rant here. But this week with the cancelations so many people belly aching, hey - there is life outside the top 10 teams! This sport is so much bigger and greater than that.

So no, I don't care about any of the cancelations. I mean I would rather they play all the games and I would rather have as many games to watch and read into and bet on as possible - my last count, I think there were still 50 games this week involving FBS teams. You listen to ESPN and it's like nobody is even playing this week!
100%. They make this too much about the top 5 actually and don't realize we have an equal amount of interest in the smaller conferences. I just want games. I could careless Alabama and Ohio State aren't going to win by 30 this weekend.

Last edited:
100%. They make this too much about the top 5 actually and don't realize we have an equal amount of interest in the smaller conferences. I just want games. I couod careless Alabama and Ohio State aren't going to win by 30 this weekend.

Yeah, I thought about the spreads in those games...people complain when Alabama and Ohio State play teams they are favored by like 4 TDs vs...now they complain when those teams don't play those games.

I try to not listen to it, but as much as I want to hear football stuff, I can't avoid it. Just try and tune it out, I just wish more people realized the love for the sport is so much broader than who they think we all care about. I live in Ohio and my entire family are Ohio State fans, I don't honestly care if they play any more games this year. I'd be just as happy watching Ohio University.

Back