Anyone else ready for TAMU and Bama post game handshake?

TAMU did nothing wrong. The change is coming either way, they just said fuck it let’s spend the TAMu money

This is great

TAMU did nothing wrong. The change is coming either way, they just said fuck it let’s spend the TAMu money

This is great
It's still illegal to use NIL to lure recruits to a school. I think that's what has frustrated Saban the most, since there are many schools out there doing it and NCAA is impotent.

It's still illegal to use NIL to lure recruits to a school. I think that's what has frustrated Saban the most, since there are many schools out there doing it and NCAA is impotent.
It’s so grey. You know where I stand

It’s so grey. You know where I stand
That part isn't gray though. It is explicitly against the rules to use money to get players to sign with a certain school, NIL or not. You can pay them $1 billion once they are enrolled if you want, but these guys are signing deals with schools before they sign their letter of intent. And they are not even hiding it. I kind of respect the false indignity that Jimbo continues to display. I guess because there is the fear that the NCAA will hand out punishments retroactively

That part isn't gray though. It is explicitly against the rules to use money to get players to sign with a certain school, NIL or not. You can pay them $1 billion once they are enrolled if you want, but these guys are signing deals with schools before they sign their letter of intent. And they are not even hiding it. I kind of respect the false indignity that Jimbo continues to display. I guess because there is the fear that the NCAA will hand out punishments retroactively
So they are in trouble?

So they are in trouble?
Not that I'm aware of. I doubt the NCAA would do anything, but they could. Right now, every program is feeling out this new world. Some programs are being cautious, maybe even overly so. Others are being reckless, maybe even overly so. Who knows if/when the NCAA decides to act, whether they'll look back and investigate the ones who have been brazenly breaking the rules or not. May depend on what program it is. My guess is they'll say something like "This stops now and moving forward," but you never can tell with them

Not that I'm aware of. I doubt the NCAA would do anything, but they could. Right now, every program is feeling out this new world. Some programs are being cautious, maybe even overly so. Others are being reckless, maybe even overly so. Who knows if/when the NCAA decides to act, whether they'll look back and investigate the ones who have been brazenly breaking the rules or not. May depend on what program it is. My guess is they'll say something like "This stops now and moving forward," but you never can tell with them
That’s what I’m saying. It’s like me depositing 9k everyday at the bank..it doesn’t spit out the auto 10k, but it raises flags that can’t really be founded.

That’s what I’m saying. It’s like me depositing 9k everyday at the bank..it doesn’t spit out the auto 10k, but it raises flags that can’t really be founded.
Yeah i think like anytime there's pay for play, you either need concrete evidence or cooperation of one of the parties. You won't get it unless a player feels spurned. Jimbo can rest easy knowing he has the most talented 8-4 team to ever play college football

Interesting that the only one who brought up rule breaking was Jimbo

Did you see the 2 high school girls (in CA I think) that signed NIL deals already, totaling 1 million bucks? They’re still HS juniors, how is that even possible if these are the rules?

Did you see the 2 high school girls (in CA I think) that signed NIL deals already, totaling 1 million bucks? They’re still HS juniors, how is that even possible if these are the rules?
It’s legal in California for high schoolers to sign NIL though, right? I think the only thing that is against the rules is a school using NIL, or more specifically, a booster-funded collective, to lure a recruit.

It’s legal in California for high schoolers to sign NIL though, right? I think the only thing that is against the rules is a school using NIL, or more specifically, a booster-funded collective, to lure a recruit.

I don’t know, that’s why I was asking the question.

SEC teams fighting over who is better at cheating is just the best thing ever.
It really is funny.

Miami actually will be maybe the biggest winner in all this. USC too. TAMU won already, they made UT join the SEC de facto. And spent the green guys.

CFB talk in May. Gotta love it.

Jimbo just doubled down and said 1 guy has an NIL deal. Maybe true, the rest got the bag.
Jacoby Matthews is a definite

Back