anyone care to talk TNF

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
how it will play out. gameplans of both teams and things of that sort ...

just noticed line went from texans -1.5 now at Texans +1.5

I still like the Texans but that looks like sharp money moved the line

word of schuab being out and rosenfels in is what i warrant made this line move.

you have any thoughts on how it'll play out?

Shit I would rather start Sage over Shaub any way.

Broncos looked really good aginst the Chiefs they stopped the run, forced turnover and on the other side Cutler and company were going to work. They looked good but the Chiefs with Croyle starting are garbage so doesnt mean to much.

Texans looked real good against a Solid Bucs team last week.

AT home. Kubiak knows shanny and Shanny knows Kubiak.

I think that The texans have a huge advantage that its at home on primetime. They should come out hard. I think their offense can score on the Broncos but the bigger question is can the Texans defense stop Cutler and the Broncos ?

In Short

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="29%">8:15 PM ET </TD><TD class=datahl2c>W/L</TD><TD class=datahl2c>ATS</TD><TD class=datahl2c>H</TD><TD class=datahl2c>A</TD><TD class=datahl2c>AF</TD><TD class=datahl2c>AA</TD><TD class=datahl2c>O/U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b>Denver </TD><TD class=datacellc>6-7</TD><TD class=datacellc>4-9-0</TD><TD class=datacellc>4-3</TD><TD class=datacellc>2-4</TD><TD class=datacellc>21.7</TD><TD class=datacellc>25.8</TD><TD class=datacellc>11-2-0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b>Houston </TD><TD class=datacellc>6-7</TD><TD class=datacellc>6-7-0</TD><TD class=datacellc>4-2</TD><TD class=datacellc>2-5</TD><TD class=datacellc>22.4</TD><TD class=datacellc>23.5</TD><TD class=datacellc>7-5-1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i think the spread is coin flip and i cant find an edge. total looks real tight. i cant see how this game doesnt fall in between 40-54 pts scored.

cutler throwing a td pass looks like a gift. wonder what that prop be.

i think the spread is coin flip and i cant find an edge. total looks real tight. i cant see how this game doesnt fall in between 40-54 pts scored.

cutler throwing a td pass looks like a gift. wonder what that prop be.

He's gonna get rattled and choke watch. He always has those types of games. :prayer

I think that it was LY, when the Texan's had Denver's number.

I don't know if that will happen, again. Houston's defense played good, last week. But, we know that Denver has a good O-line.

I would lean Denver, but I haven't had a great year.

The Denver Post’s Bill Williamson expects Selvin Young to dominate the carries in the Broncos’ backfield over the final three games.
Young, who practiced fully on Tuesday and appears to be over his elbow injury, has started the past two games and figures to do the same Thursday night at Houston. Williamson indicates that the Broncos could prefer Travis Henry in short-yardage situations, but that Henry (knee) isn’t 100 percent and the more explosive Young is "vital" to the team’s future plans.
Source: Denver Post
Related: Travis Henry

Texans coach Gary Kubiak says "the plan is to go with" Darius Walker and Adimchinobe Echemandu at running back on Thursday night.

Ron Dayne (ankle) couldn't take part in Monday's walkthrough and seems unlikely to be ready on a short week. Walker is likely to start against the Broncos and lose some early-down work to Echemandu, but get all the opportunities in pass-catching situations. Walker would be a solid flex play in points-per-reception leagues, but it's uncertain who'd get goal-line carries.
Source: houstontexans.com
Related: Ron Dayne, Adimchinobe Echemandu

I live in Houston, this game is tough. The line I believe moved due to the Texans having no Ron Dayne or Ahman Green (Green was already a given). Texans RB will be Walker, he was on the practice squad until recently.

Texans are so banged up in the secondary, but they should be motivated. It is Battle Red day for the Texans (team will be wearing their red uniforms).

I lean with the Texans, because as an earlier poster stated the Chiefs are in shambles and I am not reading too much into that blowout. This game is tough. I want to play the Texans, but I am just not sure.

I live in Houston, this game is tough. The line I believe moved due to the Texans having no Ron Dayne or Ahman Green (Green was already a given). Texans RB will be Walker, he was on the practice squad until recently.

Texans are so banged up in the secondary, but they should be motivated. It is Battle Red day for the Texans (team will be wearing their red uniforms).

I lean with the Texans, because as an earlier poster stated the Chiefs are in shambles and I am not reading too much into that blowout. This game is tough. I want to play the Texans, but I am just not sure.

im wondering which team shows up for this game since its national tv.. both teams playoff hopes bleak.. broncos know they got SD the following monday night so if they get some help and SD somehow loses they might still have something to play for.. 7 td's needed for the over basically, leaning on the over, broncos 11-2 over this year and gives up 25 points on the road.. last few games for texans been 42, 48, 44.. i'm thinking about the raiders vs broncos game 2 weeks back and how josh mccown lit up denver d's and rex grossman before that.. i dont know how i can put $ on denver so thats out of the question.. but seriously contemplating the over..

rosenthals to andre johnson all night.. ??

denver played a rookie in brody croyle last week and ate him up.. plus that was in denver

denver has a good pass d far as yards go but they have given up a lot of tds.

shanahan vs kubiak matchup should be interesting.. mentor student type thing added too is that shanahan's kid kyle is qb coach under kubiak.. texans offensive coordinator sherman going to tx a&m or somewhere so his head must be on recruiting and tryna to sign players so his head might be elsewhere

i just keep looking at all the denver overs and its like SCREAMING to bet over.. rosenthals 27-36 3td last week against a solid TB team.. cutler 19/26 3 td with selvin young running buck wild for 156..

also thinking denver should be able to run against texans D.. neither team's defense impresses me

den running game should over power the Hou D late into the game and i see Den winning this one 27-24

more info:

By Tony Moss, NFL Editor
(Sports Network) - For the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans, the reminiscing will have to wait until after the game.
The two franchises, which will meet at Reliant Stadium in a Thursday night contest, will be focusing less on their undeniable familiarity than on winning a game that is crucial to the postseason chances of each.
Both the Broncos and Texans enter Week 15 at 6-7 and clinging to life in the AFC Wild Card race. Denver and Houston each sit two games back of Cleveland for the final playoff spot, and will also have to climb over 7-6 hopefuls Buffalo and Tennessee in order to realize their postseason dreams.
Denver, which is also chasing San Diego (8-5) at the top of the AFC West, remained in the hunt with a 41-7 win over the Kansas City Chiefs last week.
Houston was a winner as well, taking down probable NFC South champion Tampa Bay, 28-14, though the win didn't help Gary Kubiak's club emerge from the AFC South basement.
The Texans must win their final three games to secure the first winning season in their six-year franchise history.
Kubiak came to Houston in 2006 after serving for 11 seasons as offensive coordinator under Mike Shanahan in Denver. The former backup quarterback to John Elway (1983-1991) helped tutor Elway when the Broncos won back-to-back Super Bowls following the 1997 and 1998 seasons.
Other ex-Broncos coaches currently on the Houston staff include defensive coordinator Richard Smith, defensive assistant Frank Bush, tight ends coach Brian Pariani, and offensive assistant Mike McDaniel. General manager Rick Smith, the one-time assistant G.M. of the Broncos, and quarterbacks coach Kyle Shanahan, the son of Mike Shanahan, are also currently employed by the Texans.
Houston players who once wore Broncos uniforms include running back Ron Dayne, tight end Jeb Putzier, tackle Ephraim Salaam, and defensive back Curome Cox.
SERIES HISTORY
The Broncos and Texans have met just once in a meaningful game, with Denver defeating Houston by a 31-13 count at Invesco Field at Mile High during the 2004 season.
The Broncos will be traveling to Houston for the first time since 1995, when they lost to the Oilers there, 42-33. Denver is 0-2 in Houston since last winning there in 1985.
Shanahan is 1-0 in his career against the Texans. Houston's Kubiak, who as mentioned, served as both a player and assistant coach with Denver, will be meeting both his former team and mentor for the first time as a head coach.
WHEN THE BRONCOS HAVE THE BALL
The Broncos come off their finest offensive performance of the season, a game in which Mike Shanahan's club piled up 453 yards. Quarterback Jay Cutler (2842 passing yards, 17 TD, 12 INT) completed 20-of-27 passes for 244 yards and a career-high four touchdowns passes against the Chiefs, with wideout Brandon Marshall (75 receptions, 6 TD) assisting Cutler to the tune of 10 catches, 115 yards, and two touchdowns. Marshall (shoulder) and fellow wideout Javon Walker (knee) are both listed as questionable for this week, and Brandon Stokley (40 receptions, 5 TD) would likely become Cutler's top target if both are out. In the backfield, rookie Selvin Young (569 rushing yards, 1 TD, 25 receptions) rushed for a season-best 156 yards on 17 carries last Sunday, and Travis Henry (653 rushing yards, 4 TD) rushed for his third TD in two weeks. Tight end Daniel Graham (23 receptions, 2 TD) had three receptions for 55 yards and a touchdown in his best outing to date as a Bronco. For the year, Denver is 13th in the league in passing offense (229.3 yards per game) and sixth in rushing offense (128.1 yards per game).
Houston enters Thursday's game ranked middle-of-the-pack in most league defensive categories, including 14th against the pass (217.2 yards per game) and 23rd against the run (118.2 yards per game). Still, defense was a major part of the team's win over Tampa Bay last week, as the Texans sacked Buccaneers quarterback Luke McCown five times and forced two key turnovers. The pass rush was led by the blossoming Mario Williams (46 tackles, 9.5 sacks), who enhanced his team-leading sack total by dragging McCown down once. Safety Will Demps (33 tackles) did a fine job on the back end for an injury- depleted secondary, notching eight tackles with a forced fumble and a recovery in his best game as a Texan. Linebacker Morlon Greenwood (88 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT) paced the run-stopping effort, recording a game-high 13 tackles to go along with a pass deflection and a sack while limiting Tampa running back Earnest Graham to 61 ground yards. Middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans (115 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT) and rookie tackle Amobi Akoye (28 tackles, 5.5 sacks) help lead the Houston run defense.
WHEN THE TEXANS HAVE THE BALL
For a second straight week, the Texans will enter a key game with an all- reserve backfield. Quarterback Sage Rosenfels (1123 passing yards, 11 TD, 7 INT) will make his second straight start in place of the injured Matt Schaub, who might not return this year due to a shoulder injury, while undrafted rookie running back Darius Walker is expected to open in place of Ron Dayne (618 rushing yards, 3 TD, 16 receptions), who has an ankle problem. Rosenfels threw three touchdown passes and completed 27-of-36 pass attempts against the Bucs last week, moving to 2-0 as a starter this year. Rosenfels' TD passes went to wideouts Andre Johnson (41 receptions, 6 TD) and Kevin Walter (58 receptions, 3 TD) along with tight end Owen Daniels (57 receptions, 2 TD). Johnson continued his second-half magnificence by catching nine balls for 82 yards in the win. Walker, meanwhile carried 16 times for 46 yards and tallied six receptions for 35 yards in the first meaningful action of his career. Houston currently ranks ninth in NFL passing offense (246 yards per game), 24th in rushing offense (91.7 yards per game), and its 33 turnovers are second-most in the league behind only Baltimore's 35.
A Denver defense that had shown its weakness for much of the year was strong against the beleaguered Kansas City attack last Sunday, holding the Chiefs to 129 yards and seven first downs (five of which came on one drive) all day. The pass rush sacked Brodie Croyle five times and forced him to turn it over three, while the front seven stuffed running back Kolby Smith (13 carries, 12 yards) every time he touched the ball. End Elvis Dumervil (3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 5 tackles) and cornerback Champ Bailey (4 tackles, 1 INT) were among those around the football for much of the day. Dumervil's (33 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 INT) three-sack afternoon matched a career-high, and the Broncos moved to 5-1 when he has two or more sacks. Linebackers Nate Webster (77 tackles) and D.J. Williams (112 tackles, 1 INT, 1 sack) combined for nine tackles to key the run-stopping effort. For the year, the Broncos are seventh in NFL passing defense (195.9 yards per game), 29th in rushing defense (138.8 yards per game), and have 23 sacks and takeaways.
FANTASY FOCUS
The Broncos' most reliable fantasy starter is the wideout Marshall, who has averaged 83.8 yards and scored four touchdowns over his past four games. You should monitor Marshall's injury status in the hours leading up to the contest, and start him if he's active. Cutler and running backs Young and Henry are worth taking a look at, though none of the three have been remarkably consistent in the fantasy department. You might also consider taking a flier on the Denver defense, given the amount of turnovers the Texans have committed this season.
For Houston, Johnson is a must-start, and you might also think about opening with the rookie Walker against Denver's suspect run defense. As tight ends go, Daniels is among the league's most reliable, and has two touchdown catches in his last three outings. Rosenfels is a risky start due to his inexperience and the quality of the Broncos secondary, and the Texans' defense is not a first- rate playmaking unit. Kicker Kris Brown has been among the most accurate field goal men in the league this year.
OVERALL ANALYSIS
The atmosphere should be electric at Reliant Stadium for the biggest game in Texans history to date, and the ties between the two teams should ratchet up the intensity as well. The temptation here is to side with a Houston team that has much to prove to the NFL-viewing public, but it's important to remember that the Texans are a battered team in a couple key areas, the backfield and secondary. For that reason, give the edge to the healthier and more experienced Broncos, who have been in more of these pressure-packed situations and will make the bigger plays when it matters. Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Broncos 23, Texans 20

i'm thinking a two-team tease might be the way to go for me, just to have action and get the numbers where they're more comfortable, probably over and the Texans to get the side over a TD

IMO Texans is the play.

Donkeys on the road are a joke this year. They beat the Chiefs (who were/are in shambles and at Buffalo week 1 by 1. They have been lucky to win most of their games, winning by 3 at home v. Pitt and Oakland as well. Their run D is well documented as nearly the worst in the league. Texans will have a great crowd tonight for a rare Thursday night game, Rosenfels filling in nicely for Schaub, AJ healthy, their special teams/kicker are on a roll, I think they are a nice solid play tonight. Would hammer if I could get 3, but a solid play at 1 or 2.

If youre worried about Texans RB situation, dont be. Look what Ryan Grant did to them, at Denver, in his 1st game starting. Look what Fargas did to them in his 1st start this year.

IMO, Shanahan and his late ice is the only side to have money on tonight.

Denver knows Johnson is Houston's only hope, so Bailey will get help on him. Daniels is good, but Denver's LBs should handle business there. One of Houston's few advantages tonight, the D line, will have their hands full trying to stop Young and pressure Cutler.

Now I'll be the first to admit a short week favors the home team usually, and Denver has been deplorable on the road this season; but with playoff hopes still alive for both teams, I think the overall better team prevails.

24-20 Denver

Play: Denver -1.5

GL everyone

i disagree BC. AJ is a stud, but Houston spreads it around. last game, against a great pass D, AJ had 9 grabs. walker walter, and daniels combined for 14 grabs. week 12 vs Cleveland, AJ had 3 grabs while Daniels Walter and Davis combined for 16 grabs.

gun to the head i'd go with home team

I think the key is how healthy DeMeco Ryans is. Denver loses when they can't run. DeMeco is key to the Houston D stopping Denver's running game. Anyone have an update on him? He's listed as questionable on most sites.

funny the game i dont play goes more how i though it would.

- tight total
- cutler with a td
- rosenfels, no yards but tds

my current state: frustrated

Shit I would rather start Sage over Shaub any way.

Broncos looked really good aginst the Chiefs they stopped the run, forced turnover and on the other side Cutler and company were going to work. They looked good but the Chiefs with Croyle starting are garbage so doesnt mean to much.

Texans looked real good against a Solid Bucs team last week.

AT home. Kubiak knows shanny and Shanny knows Kubiak.

I think that The texans have a huge advantage that its at home on primetime. They should come out hard. I think their offense can score on the Broncos but the bigger question is can the Texans defense stop Cutler and the Broncos ?

:smiley_acbe:

IMO Texans is the play.

Donkeys on the road are a joke this year. They beat the Chiefs (who were/are in shambles and at Buffalo week 1 by 1. They have been lucky to win most of their games, winning by 3 at home v. Pitt and Oakland as well. Their run D is well documented as nearly the worst in the league. Texans will have a great crowd tonight for a rare Thursday night game, Rosenfels filling in nicely for Schaub, AJ healthy, their special teams/kicker are on a roll, I think they are a nice solid play tonight. Would hammer if I could get 3, but a solid play at 1 or 2.

If youre worried about Texans RB situation, dont be. Look what Ryan Grant did to them, at Denver, in his 1st game starting. Look what Fargas did to them in his 1st start this year.

ASS AND TITTIES!~:cheers:
<!-- / message -->

IMO Texans is the play.

ASS AND TITTIES!~:cheers:
<!-- / message -->
:cheers:

Back