Anyone bet the Fish/Mutts game yesterday?

laopadak

Pretty much a regular
Had a 3-team parlay open with Mia ML, other two teams came in. Woke up this morning to see my bet graded as a loss. I reached out to DK and they've since changed the grading to a win but with Mia ML as a void, winning less on my parlay.

Game was suspended due to rain, top of the 9th, Mia up 2-1 with runners on 1st and 2nd. Don't recall how many outs. Game is set to resume on Monday, 10/2 at around 11AM.

Why would DK grade Mia as a void?
If you had either team, how was your bet graded?

Mfg'ing books and their fine print...

Baseball General Betting Rules
Bets on games suspended after they have started will have action as long as the game is resumed within 36 hours of the original start time. If a suspended game is scheduled to be resumed more than 36 hours after the original start time, all bets will be void, unless the wager has been unequivocally determined prior to the game’s suspension. This applies unless otherwise stated (i.e. playoff game rule).

Interesting.

I saw something late Thursday about how late in the season they could actually move that game back an inning and call it 'good' unless there was positioning affected.

I saved it somewhere. Very obscure rule.

Sounds like the Marlins were given the option to complete it on Monday but chose to waive it now that they're in the playoffs regardless to avoid the hassle. So they chose to take the loss and move on. Guess it worked out for you in the end to have it voided.

Can’t imagine DK reaching out asking for their 3 units back so I’ll take the win, even though it was a loss but should’ve been a tie lol

Always good to beat the book, one way or another.

Back