Anybody learn anything this week?

Also Clemson totals have taken a huge dip since Watson went down and there have been 3 straight easy unders. The NCSU game went under bc the defense pitched a shutout. It will be interesting to see how the books adjust if Watson is back for GT. I;m thinking the GT game might be a time to take Clemson TT over if Watson returns and is healthy

Les Miles mindfucked Hugh Freeze. Freeze had the chance to run his offense out to run the play after delay of game. He instead kept his kicking team out there. It was only after the TO that he decided to run one more offensive play and the rest is history. His excuse was that his kicker wasnt comfortable from the right hash. If thats the case then why not run an offensive play after the delay of game? The TO made him overthink the scenario IMO. However the Ole Miss and LSU defenses are both elite. Offenses wont score against elite defenses. Egg bowl definitely gonna be contrasting styles

Also Clemson totals have taken a huge dip since Watson went down and there have been 3 straight easy unders. The NCSU game went under bc the defense pitched a shutout. It will be interesting to see how the books adjust if Watson is back for GT. I;m thinking the GT game might be a time to take Clemson TT over if Watson returns and is healthy

Totally agree...

I learned that if you are Notre Dame and you run a pick play in the final seconds to win the game against FSU it is offensive PI. If you are Utah and you run a pick play in the final seconds to win the game against USC it is not offensive PI. GLB pointed this out in the in-game thread. Go to about the 2:12 mark of this video.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SGVQfrqRtGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I also learned that Larry Fedora hates his defense so much that he would prefer to try an onside kick up by 1 with 4 minutes left, instead of kicking it and putting his defense on the field. It worked, because they recovered the ball, UVA's coaching staff starting calling defensive TOs too quick, and finally UVA makes an illegal substitution to allow UNC to kill the clock.

Minnesota may not win another game. I fell hook line and sinker after telling myself the last month, you can win in the B10 without a passable passing offense and MN can't throw the ball to anyone other than their TE.

Vs. Iowa - Will be a small favorite
Vs. Ohio St - Home dog
@ Nebraska - DD dog
@ Wisconsin - DD dog

Georgia Southern should have it's way with the Sun Belt the rest of the way. They'll be 21-28 point favs here on out with the exception of Navy, but should finish undefeated.

GLB should have his own 2H thread to post all his plays. Guys been on fire the month of October

Hugh Freeze screwed up. how do you take that long to decide to sent the FG team out? they started to run out with the play clock at 15. Freeze should have known what he wanted to do as soon as he saw Bo Wallace getting out of bounds.
I have no problem with running another play but I would have basically ran go routes and had Wallace find the single coverage and throw it where only his WR can play it. Not roll out and cut the field in half, the safety doesnt have to worry about the right side of the field in that situation.
But personally I am sending out the FG unit once Wallace ran out of bounds.

I don't want to nap now, I wanna get down but cannot..

Tailed lex on Skittles prop for some mo bagels....leggo...

He Hate Me;2286298[B said:
]I also learned that Larry Fedora hates his defense so much that he would prefer to try an onside kick up by 1 with 4 minutes left, instead of kicking it and putting his defense on the field. It worked, because they recovered the ball, UVA's coaching staff starting calling defensive TOs too quick, and finally UVA[/B] makes an illegal substitution to allow UNC to kill the clock.

Thats one way to look at it. The other is if the onside kick does not work one of two things happen. 1.) the defense stops them like they did the entire 2nd half holding them to two FG's. 2.) UVa scores rather quickly and the Heels have more clock left to try and win the game. Heels are on the come, but, whatever.

He hate me, I'm not trying to rain on your parade in this thread, but the "pick" in the Utah game was not nearly as defined as the one in the ND game.

CG, I agree that the Notre Dame pick play looks worse, but that is mainly due to the blown assignment by the FSU DB. It is the same play, both receivers starting aggressively blocking before the ball was thrown.

I learned that it doesn't matter who the RB is for Saban, he will fumble near the goal line and piss away a cover - Yeldon did this last yr vs A&M and Fowler on Sat night vs the Vols and this wasnt a play from the one yd line, this was a 20 yd run and hes approaching the 2-3 yd line, he gets stripped from the side. Those plays that you can see could give you a cover then vanished in an instant are a kick to the nuts.

I learned that it doesn't matter who the RB is for Saban, he will fumble near the goal line and piss away a cover - Yeldon did this last yr vs A&M and Fowler on Sat night vs the Vols and this wasnt a play from the one yd line, this was a 20 yd run and hes approaching the 2-3 yd line, he gets stripped from the side. Those plays that you can see could give you a cover then vanished in an instant are a kick to the nuts.

As near as I can tell, our RBs only fumble in the redzone, and usually inside the 5. It's like they let up and relax when they cross the 5 yard line. Insanely frustrating. Yeldon's fumble against aTm last year was immediately followed up with a 95 yards TD from Manziel to Evans

I learned one of the most jaw-dropping stats I've ever seen in CFB: of K-State's 2-deep, 32 of the 44 are walk-ons or JUCOs. Mind-boggling.

Last edited:
I learned one of the most jaw-dropping stats I've ever seen in CFB: of K-State's 2-deep, 32 of the 44 are with walk-ons or JUCOs. Mind-boggling.

saw that this weekend too

I say he is the greatest football coach in the whole damn game....incredible guy

K-State is lucky to keep him so long

Ugh. I was juiced out this weekend partly due to that damn fumble. :enraged::hang:

I learned one of the most jaw-dropping stats I've ever seen in CFB: of K-State's 2-deep, 32 of the 44 are walk-ons or JUCOs. Mind-boggling.

Its always been like this, though. I don't have all the numbers and don't have a 40 hr week to figure it all out, but I don't think I'm speaking in hyperbole when I say K-St easily has had the most juco players in their program than any other Power 5 program over the last ten years. It works for them, though.

Its always been like this, though. I don't have all the numbers and don't have a 40 hr week to figure it all out, but I don't think I'm speaking in hyperbole when I say K-St easily has had the most juco players in their program than any other Power 5 program over the last ten years. It works for them, though.

Probably last 20 years

TCU is shockingly good.

Ameer Abdullah is worth 7 points/game on his own.

UVA coaching is also worth 7 points/game, but not in the same way Abdullah is.

PAC-10 isn't nearly as good as predicted.

Hokies really are a bad as they look, at least at the moment.

UTEP is the most under-rated team in CFB.

I've never been a Texas or Michigan fan, but it's almost painful to watch them at the momet.

Holgerson was as good a hire for WVU as I always figured he was.

If Illinois wears those uniforms again, I'm personally going to Champagne and kicking the equipment guy's ass.

Right, the juco piece. But I never knew they had such a big # of walk-ons - 14 of the 2-deep are current or former walk-ons. 1/3 of the 2-deep? That's an insane #.

when i was looking at lines for a contest i thought it was crazy to see a Chad Morris offense with such a low total, glad I didn't pay to investigate

I learned that if you are Notre Dame and you run a pick play in the final seconds to win the game against FSU it is offensive PI. If you are Utah and you run a pick play in the final seconds to win the game against USC it is not offensive PI. GLB pointed this out in the in-game thread. Go to about the 2:12 mark of this video.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SGVQfrqRtGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

wow he was blocking the guy into next week, gross

Game is harder to handicap now with the volatility and the lack of balance between offense and defense. I doubt the value of a half pt is worth nearly as much as it used to be ... heck the higher totals alone mean that they are not. So I think value betting cfb has taken a huge hit for those on the line creation side.

I consider it a low point in the Texas program, since I have been a fan. To give up over 40 at home to isu and follow it up with 0 points against a defense with tiny, slow, (Walter ______ from Breaking Bad) guys from junior colleges or average 2-3 star players is just mind boggling. To not be able to qb sneak for a couple of inches with a qb north of 200 pounds with athletic ability is bad too. Also ... quit pretending to run read-option when you are really running designed handoffs. If you are going to line up and hand it off, just do it. I understand you have no one to play qb if Swoopes goes down but opponents aren't even pretending Swoopes will keep the ball and unless he is the most poorly coached player in America at running read-option it is a pre-called handoff almost every time. Flagship school in the best high school football state in the united states and we ( ya I said we ) are getting shut out by a Kansas school in a city no one wants to live in on the same weekend that TCU is putting up 82 against one of our rivals. Imagine if ISU doesn't fall asleep on coverage late the week prior and wins in overtime .... what would this season look like then? It's pathetic. I am a Strong guy but if Texas doesn't change their offensive approach they have no shot at being competitive in conference, let alone good. In other words, fire the OC or find a new HC IMO.... and like I said .. I like Strong as a football coach and think he brings a lot of what the school needs right now to the table.... but ... ..wow.

Did you guys see Michigan state and rice hurrying to cover spreads late in games? Both could have taken knees ... both ran it in for td instead..... and both effected spreads ... hmmm

Game is harder to handicap now with the volatility and the lack of balance between offense and defense. I doubt the value of a half pt is worth nearly as much as it used to be ... heck the higher totals alone mean that they are not. So I think value betting cfb has taken a huge hit for those on the line creation side.

I consider it a low point in the Texas program, since I have been a fan. To give up over 40 at home to isu and follow it up with 0 points against a defense with tiny, slow, (Walter ______ from Breaking Bad) guys from junior colleges or average 2-3 star players is just mind boggling. To not be able to qb sneak for a couple of inches with a qb north of 200 pounds with athletic ability is bad too. Also ... quit pretending to run read-option when you are really running designed handoffs. If you are going to line up and hand it off, just do it. I understand you have no one to play qb if Swoopes goes down but opponents aren't even pretending Swoopes will keep the ball and unless he is the most poorly coached player in America at running read-option it is a pre-called handoff almost every time. Flagship school in the best high school football state in the united states and we ( ya I said we ) are getting shut out by a Kansas school in a city no one wants to live in on the same weekend that TCU is putting up 82 against one of our rivals. Imagine if ISU doesn't fall asleep on coverage late the week prior and wins in overtime .... what would this season look like then? It's pathetic. I am a Strong guy but if Texas doesn't change their offensive approach they have no shot at being competitive in conference, let alone good. In other words, fire the OC or find a new HC IMO.... and like I said .. I like Strong as a football coach and think he brings a lot of what the school needs right now to the table.... but ... ..wow.

Did you guys see Michigan state and rice hurrying to cover spreads late in games? Both could have taken knees ... both ran it in for td instead..... and both effected spreads ... hmmm

Mich St was a response to the pre-game thing from the Wolverines, right? Though Mich St has been fishy around the number more than once this year

As just got said above, Sparty did it on purporse. Not like they passed the ball or called timeouts but if they could run it in they were. That being said, that game was middling, pushing, yada yada.

Agree with your 1st paragraph....I do not make numbers but something is just off this year

I haven't been betting really much at all

It was tough to watch, on multiple levels. Brown left the program in the shitter, and we all get that this was going to be a transitional year, but some of that was simply inexcusable this weekend - you mention not sneaking a 250 lb. QB on 4th and 1, and also trying to masquerade him as a zone read option. But just as crazy was running a trick play reverse with a RB making the handoff who has barely seen the field this year. And Strong “not having any idea” post-game why his best back by far (uninjured Malcolm Brown) had one carry in the 2nd half. More than anything, the worst thing was the team’s overall lack of energy, passion, urgency and interest. In a game against a top 10 opponent. It fucking looked like a Mack Brown-coached team, just thinking it could show up and perhaps win the game by, well, just showing up. And THAT part of things was supposed to go by the wayside with Strong on board. That, is what got people hot here in Austin on Saturday, and they’re still hot about today. We know we’re dealing with a lack of talent and depth, but what we saw on Saturday brought about some of the same nausea we experienced over the last 4 years.

Wow is right.

Ameer Abdullah is worth 7 points/game on his own.

UVA coaching is also worth 7 points/game, but not in the same way Abdullah is.

LOL. At least London never claimed he'd be playing chess while the rest of the ACC was playing checkers.

By the way, I used to count Peter Warrick as worth 7 points. Deshaun Watson now is worth 17-20.

I am a Strong guy but if Texas doesn't change their offensive approach they have no shot at being competitive in conference, let alone good. In other words, fire the OC or find a new HC IMO....

The OC? The one who doesn't call plays and is getting sued by Oklahoma State for breaching his employment contract?

Anyone have any insight as to why the UNC/Mia line has moved from -10.5 to -17? I get that they will not be able to stop Miami, but they will score too.

Also, FSU RB Karlos Williams is being investigated for possible domestic abuse of his pregnant girlfrield/baby mama after she posted pictures on Facebook.

Last edited:
Transitive Property maybe? A month ago VT beat UNC at UNC pretty handily. Miami just went to VT and crushed them. UNC going to Miami. Lol.

17 is a joke in my opinion.

Miami is seriously underrated. I have also heard there may be suspensions in the pipeline for UNC.

I hear four kids got caught going to class last week. Nothing official yet, though.

Lol. Good one. That's basically what I expected to hear so obviously I'm not worried about that when we are talking about a football game being played 4 days from now. 4 months from now I will be worried, though.

Miami LT Ereck Flowers out for game and possibly the year with a knee injury. Canes now down 3 OT to injury this year.

Canes starting to look nasty but that OL injury hurts. The good thing is they can likely plug in anyone to run block for Duke against UNC

Back