Anybody feel strongly about Houston/Denver?

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I have to make at least seven side picks in a contest this week so I'm starting to dig near the bottom of the barrel.

I lean Houston, but don't really love the game one way or the other.

Anybody?

Personally, I think Houston is a decent team that plays better at home and Denver is manic at best. The Broncos can either look like unstoppable or completely inept. The line itself reminds me of a Houston vs GB primetime game a few years back (05-06 I believe). It featured a team (GB) that had struggled but was a perennial contender and public favorite carrying a short line against a Houston squad that had obvious shortcomings but potential. Granted the personnel is completely different, but I truly believe linesmaking is situational and precendents and history can be worthwhile to a bettors perspective. In that game GB lost by the hook (-3.5) and the game was a tossup. I feel the sam way here...I think its gonna be a close game, but this time Houston wins SU and ATS.

If I remeber correctly, Kubiak had Shanahan's number LY. But, does that mean that it will happen again?

Houston had a good defensive game LY, along with Rosenfels finding Johnson.

I'm just wondering if they can duplicate that performance.

I'm loving Denver.. I guess I go against the grain. Denvers strength is it's DB's, can Houston exploit the run defense? I'm not so sure. I think Selvin Young has a big one.

Last edited:
It is Battle Red day for the Texans - meaning all the fans will be wearing red. The Texans cover the majority of the time for this games. The Texans offense is based on the Denver offense - so they will both be familar will each others game plays. If the Texans can stop the run - they will win. Note: D. Ryans (linebacker) is playing and is ready to play. He alone is makes the difference. The fans will be going crazy for the Thursday night national TV game, as well. Battle red day + going against the public = Texans winner. Go with the TEXANS +1. Texans 24 Broncos 17

im going to be on houston tonight myself most likely

just a little upset that dayne is going to be sitting this one out, since its important to establish the run against denver, we know thats the way to beat them....and will darius walker be up for it?

both teams are BANGED UP severely, especially the texans on the defensive side of things. id like to get the status on stokely and walker first.....it looks like dayne was just downgraded to doubtful and says he wont play.

if rosenfels can hang in and withstand the pressure like he did last week against tampa, i think houston can win this game. we know denver is going to be bringing pressure a lot tonight. texans O line is very underrated though, and I think theyll be up for the challenge.

still trying to get a feel for a couple things, darius walker will be the workhorse tonight i take it?

I feel like this game is going to come down to Houstons short passing game against the stiff DBs of DEN. Watching some of the highlights last week with Sage made me feel as though his comfort levels are with the short pass. Very accurate...but short. I dont think either RB will be very successful tonight. I give the edge to Houston simply because they are home. Completely even game in a neutral location IMO.

Texans +1.5

GL TO ALL:smiley_acbe:

i haven't seen much of the texans this season so i'm not what they're about, but i don't feel comfortable betting on a team with darius walker as their starting RB.

so i like the bronco's in this game, but what scares me is coming off what they did to KC the letdown potential is huge.

I didn't think I'd be the contrarian with this pick, but here's what I posted in another thread...

IMO, Shanahan and his late ice is the only side to have money on tonight.

Denver knows Johnson is Houston's only hope, so Bailey will get help on him. Daniels is good, but Denver's LBs should handle business there. One of Houston's few advantages tonight, the D line, will have their hands full trying to stop Young and pressure Cutler.

Now I'll be the first to admit a short week favors the home team usually, and Denver has been deplorable on the road this season; but with playoff hopes still alive for both teams, I think the overall better team prevails.

24-20 Denver

Play: Denver -1.5

good call. i saw on the espn ticker him as doubtful, but now an updated status on another site i see him as questionable and it says "game time decision but hes more likely to play then not"

sorry about that, i did see him as doubtful though, but that was bad info.

so i guess we can assume he will play, but who knows.

Back