Anybody else heard rumblings of a concern on Shonne Greene...

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
and his grades this semester? Rumors of a 0.0 GPA showing...supposedly a radio report in Iowa and its on a lot of other forums including collegefootballnews...

I know he's always struggled, missed all of last year...and he's probably declaring..so wouldn't be shocking...

Anybody else seen anything on this?

Now why would you go and try to ruin tee*dub's New Year like this so early in the morning?!?!?!

:box:

Now why would you go and try to ruin tee*dub's New Year like this so early in the morning?!?!?!

:box:

JUMP-- trying to give an old man a heart attack?:10_16_2:;)
Here is the deal guys.. Obviously I have been tracking this and Jump is right there are some Iowa State fans clogging some blogs with chatter of this but if that were the case we would have known several days ago. Shonn is in Tampa , practicing and looking well, like Shonn.. It is true that Shonn is not the greatest student in the world, which is why he had to go to JC and was eventually out of school for a semester.. He'll play.. and if he doesn't WHICH WOULD BE A SHOCK, Iowa has two guys behind him that are pretty similar.. In fact I like Hampton alot going into next year..

Quote from SC player--

"We've seen lot of film on them, and it's not just Shonn Greene," Pepper said. "They've got back-ups who run exactly like he runs, he's just the head guy. I think they've got a lot of good things. They've got some good receivers, they've got a nice quarterback, it's not just him."

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5950440

just one of the spots the rumor is taking hold.

This would not be good.

I laughed out loud when I read this from a poster on that site:

"For those in college or have been there you can probably contest to this. Yes, it helps to be smart in college. However, you can get bye easily if you just work hard and do ALL things the professors ask. Trust me, I left COE college with a 3.7 GPA and I'm not the smartest by any means. "

get "bye" easily :36_11_6:

I laughed out loud when I read this from a poster on that site:

"For those in college or have been there you can probably contest to this. Yes, it helps to be smart in college. However, you can get bye easily if you just work hard and do ALL things the professors ask. Trust me, I left COE college with a 3.7 GPA and I'm not the smartest by any means. "

get "bye" easily :36_11_6:

pretty sure that "contest to this " was meant to be "attest to this" as well.

:36_11_6:

pretty sure that "contest to this " was meant to be "attest to this" as well.

:36_11_6:

OMG-- missed that one:36_11_6::36_11_6: Maybe one of the funniest posts (that wasn't intended to be) I have ever seen... 3.7 at COE College:36_11_6:

Lets not go further with this guys.. SG is playing.. KF addressed it a couple weeks ago:

Kirk Ferentz addressed the topic head on Sunday evening, the Shonn Greene-isn’t-going-to-classes topic.
A couple years ago, the NCAA enacted a rule that said players need to retain eligibility and/or good academic standing coming out of first semester to be eligible for the bowl game.
“I heard a rumor the other day that one of our notable players wasn’t going to class,” Ferentz said, referring to Greene. “If he’s not, then our academic support folks are really off base. We had an academic meeting the Monday before Thanksgiving and got some great reports there. So, that one might go into the category that he (Greene) was up to 280 (pounds) or 300 at one point. I think both of those are in the same box.”
Remember when Greene was working his way back from a year away from Iowa because of academics, there were rumors in the spring that he came in weighing a lot. He did, but the 251 (I think that was it) was a far cry from 280.
I asked Greene if he had given his future any more thought during the time off. (The team just started with bowl practices after taking Thanksgiving week off.) He said the topic has died down a little bit.
“We’ve got finals coming up with school, so a little but not too much,” he said. “I’m still undecided.”
<!--adcode-->

Tee ... he is playing right ??

Cause While i think the backups are adequate ......... line has moved up since i played it and i might want to lay back at the 4 and hope for it to land 3 or 4 rather than back iowa without Greene.

Lets not go further with this guys.. SG is playing.. KF addressed it a couple weeks ago:

Kirk Ferentz addressed the topic head on Sunday evening, the Shonn Greene-isn’t-going-to-classes topic.
A couple years ago, the NCAA enacted a rule that said players need to retain eligibility and/or good academic standing coming out of first semester to be eligible for the bowl game.
“I heard a rumor the other day that one of our notable players wasn’t going to class,” Ferentz said, referring to Greene. “If he’s not, then our academic support folks are really off base. We had an academic meeting the Monday before Thanksgiving and got some great reports there. So, that one might go into the category that he (Greene) was up to 280 (pounds) or 300 at one point. I think both of those are in the same box.”
Remember when Greene was working his way back from a year away from Iowa because of academics, there were rumors in the spring that he came in weighing a lot. He did, but the 251 (I think that was it) was a far cry from 280.
I asked Greene if he had given his future any more thought during the time off. (The team just started with bowl practices after taking Thanksgiving week off.) He said the topic has died down a little bit.
“We’ve got finals coming up with school, so a little but not too much,” he said. “I’m still undecided.”
<!--adcode-->

whew. thanks

and his grades this semester? Rumors of a 0.0 GPA showing...

Shonne Greene........ ZERO.......POINT... ZERO
o172369766.bmp

still a little distracting regardless if there's no truth and the ferentz situation (please come to the brownies kirk) doesn't help much either

Dean Vernon Wormer: Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class.

Mr. Dorfman?
Flounder: Hello!
Dean Vernon Wormer: Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Mr. Hoover, president of Delta house? One point six; four C's and an F. A fine example you set!

Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete.

Mr. Blu - MR. BLUTARSKY... ZERO POINT ZERO.:36_11_6:

still a little distracting regardless if there's no truth and the ferentz situation (please come to the brownies kirk) doesn't help much either

distracting or motivating... Shonn Green is playing for a lot of money tommorow... I fucking love all this attention on Greene... Ferentz is so good in these situations... 28 Iso, throwback z flat.... You will see that play often boys

Back