Any teams you are looking to make money with this season?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Any teams you are looking to make money with this season?

What teams do you think will offer value this season?

The NFL is tough to gage shit like this in for me. The lines are so tight and adjust so quickly but there will be several teams that are over and under rated for at least the first quarter of the season. Finding them in the first couple weeks is key.

I think the Browns will be tough but that won't surprise the lines makers because they have been good in the preseason games. I think the Raiders will be doormats but again, the lines makers will also think that.

I will be watching the shitty teams closely, I liked what I saw from the Jags this week actually. I think the Colts will be a great team for overs as they will score and give up points in bunches. I think the Cardinals will be underrated as well.

jets/Oakland and you will make money

i agree with the Jets especially early in the season. Jets will beat Tampa Bay week 1 as a nice home dog. I think Dallas is a big sleeper. Monte Kiffen is now the DC with good pass rushers and DBs and Romo has plenty of weapons. The best value however I think comes in the totals. Great value in the Overs early. Adjustments will be made in October once the NFL has shown its now all about offense and no defense.

The NFL is tough to gage shit like this in for me. The lines are so tight and adjust so quickly but there will be several teams that are over and under rated for at least the first quarter of the season. Finding them in the first couple weeks is key.

I think the Browns will be tough but that won't surprise the lines makers because they have been good in the preseason games. I think the Raiders will be doormats but again, the lines makers will also think that.

I will be watching the shitty teams closely, I liked what I saw from the Jags this week actually. I think the Colts will be a great team for overs as they will score and give up points in bunches. I think the Cardinals will be underrated as well.
Did you watch Friday?

LOL yes dude

raiders

Its ugly, really ugly. From what ive heard from beat reporters and what not, it's pretty well known on the team that Flynn can't throw the ball any deeper than like 15 yards with any accuracy. He is terrible. Now you take away their best O lineman for the season and you have Flynn fearing for his life back there? Not good. I think they are a stone cold lock to have a top three pick in the draft next year. They might as well just start Pryor, he sucks at throwing the ball but at least he can run for his life better than Flynn.

I agree about Pryor. And you obv know I pull for Flynn for the obvious reasons......They need to start TP

I saw the Saints D just dominate and get like 5 sacks in the 1st half.....it was not pretty...the Saints were 6.5 faves in Preseason for that game so maybe there will be no value on fading the Raiders....have to see some lines

I think SD will be poor as well

AUG 15
1:17
PM ET

<cite class="byline" style="margin: 6px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden;">By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com</cite>

The Atlanta Falcons have had five straight winning seasons, but they rank near the bottom of the league when it comes to fan loyalty and support.

atl.gif
At least that’s according to a study by Emory University. Only the Oakland Raiders were ranked below the Falcons. The survey is based on box-office revenues relative to on-field success, market population stadium capacity, median income and other factors.

I’m shocked that the Falcons came in worse than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who have struggled to sell out their home games in recent years. Tampa Bay came in at No. 29.

Although they haven’t had a winning since 2008, the Carolina Panthers came in at No. 15. I think part of that might be because the Panthers are the only show in Charlotte (I know the NBA’s Bobcats are there, but does anybody really care?).

Not surprisingly, the New Orleans Saints came in with the best fan equity rating in the division. The Saints are No. 4, behind only the Cowboys, Patriots and Jets.

Bills if Kolb starts. He's been wretched. I think fading this Giants team will be profitable as well. Eli has been bad now for over a year and the injuries are piling up. Cruz has his money, so does Nicks, and that front 4 on defense is no where close to years past.

Betting on Chiefs too. Good defense and a team that won't make mistakes offensively like they have years past. Charles is elite and Smith will help him out a ton.

I don't know how the Jets score with that receiving core and mark at the helm. If Geno comes in... It will only get worse. No player in college gained more yards via passes thrown less than 5 yards.

Fading the Colts, Falcons, Cowboys, Vikings, Rams

Hitting (until adjustment) the Ravens, Panthers, Jets, Chiefs

Bills if Kolb starts. He's been wretched. I think fading this Giants team will be profitable as well. Eli has been bad now for over a year and the injuries are piling up. Cruz has his money, so does Nicks, and that front 4 on defense is no where close to years past.

I hope you're right about the Gigantes. :shake:

I think the Colts will be a great team for overs as they will score and give up points in bunches. I think the Cardinals will be underrated as well.

Agree and agree.

Pretty much same thinking with the Colts overs...they'll put up plenty of points on the scoreboard, and, they'll give up plenty. Really like the Colts addition of DHB. Think he could blow up this year now that he finally has a real QB and got the fuck outta Oakland.

As for the Cardinals, Palmer is old, but, he's way better than anyone they've had since Kurt Warner was in charge. I expect a big bounceback year for Fitz and Mendenhall should give them a big boost as well.

Cards defense will be underrated.. Team will cover some big spreads this year.

I think the Jets will be awful, under 6.5 wins sounds like free money to me.

I'm trying to find out what the Jets will be good at?

I see no strengths on this team.. Do you brotheR?

I think they will be strong on Special Teams with Kerley and McNight returning and they may have a moderate strength up front on Defense.

Other than that they are VERY thin; especially at the skill positions. QB- nothing (Sanchez again???), RB - Nothing (Chris Ivory is your answer???), WR - Nothing (Stephen "fly route" Hill??). Offensive Line is middle of the road, at best. Ferguson and Mangold are solid.I have them pegged for 4-12, maybe worse. Perhaps if Milliner can be healthy and hold his own they can be solid at the corner position, as well, but I think its going to be a LONG season for them.

My two favorite potential money winners are Miami and Cincinnati. When I get up by 6 ats wins at any time on or against each team, I will back off them and call it a good season.

Back