ANY REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T TAKE the Jazz tonight

EAGLES2828

Pretty much a regular
the jazz are well coached and they are pretty good.....as far as for the magic, i dont' see them winning at all.....thoughts welcome

Well, it's a huge public play for one.

Then of course..

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nov 27, 2006</td><td> ORL 88, @UTA 75</td><td>Recap | Box Score</td></tr></tbody></table>

yeah that was then this is now....did you see orlando play the bobcats the other night.....and did you see how they crushed miami last night.......orlando is overated....other than Howard of course

Overrated by who? I've never seen anyone claim Orlando was good.

It looks like a public blood bath to me, Orlando needs the game a lot more than Utah to maintain their playoff hopes. But Utah's loss to Miami last night does help your cause.

I suppose it depends on your line. I like them at -2.5 when they opened, but at -4, I wouldn't take it personally.

PS. Utah lost to Miami, they didn't "crush" them.

Orlando started the season on a high note but soon reality came in, and they're probably going to watch postseason on TV. The fact that they "need" the win means nothing. They needed it against Charlotte yet folded. They needed it every time in their last 10 games, managed to squeak only 2.

Utah choked last night but apart from that they've shown how Miami should be played.

Yes Orlando dominates h2h between these two teams but this should be a different ballgame, plus I never give much into what these sites say who the public is on, these are not 100% credible sources anyway.
I just don't think they'll lose both of their Florida matches.

GL. :shake:

Yes Orlando dominates h2h between these two teams but this should be a different ballgame, plus I never give much into what these sites say who the public is on, these are not 100% credible sources anyway.
I just don't think they'll lose both of their Florida matches.

GL. :shake:

Totally agree it's hard to judge the public based on websites alone. But when the line moves 2 points AND most websites have Utah as a consensus I tend to believe they're a huge public favorite.

Orlando started the season on a high note but soon reality came in, and they're probably going to watch postseason on TV. The fact that they "need" the win means nothing. They needed it against Charlotte yet folded. They needed it every time in their last 10 games, managed to squeak only 2.

Absolutely they needed to beat Charlotte. But I think they overlooked that game, they've already said (in the press) that they'll be refocused after the loss. Also, the Carlotte game was a road game and we all know how Orlando plays on the road. The Utah game is at home, a big difference.

Disclaimer; (I'm playing Utah at -2.5, I'm just saying.. there are a ton of reasons against it and -4 is definitely no deal.)

GL Satyr and Eagles. :shake:

MemphisFan, well there's a case for any play on the card, every day, anyone who says differently is an idiot. You can always find reason to back a team, these are all professionals we're talking about, it's all a matter of perspective.

I think Utah are a lot better and will show it tonight. Just my 2 cents. Not forcing anyone to take it.

GL. :shake: :cheers:

Orlando has a great deal of talent and unfortunately has no coach. Think a loss is likely and 6.5 not enough safety. Utah is likely to let down in Phillie before the rivalry game with Cleveland so this spot stands out for them to show up. Using Utah in ML parlay with Rockets as a true worm myself.

Orlando has a great deal of talent and unfortunately has no coach. Think a loss is likely and 6.5 not enough safety. Utah is likely to let down in Phillie before the rivalry game with Cleveland so this spot stands out for them to show up. Using Utah in ML parlay with Rockets as a true worm myself.

You think Utah cares about Cleveland? Is that solely because of the Boozer? I'd guess they care more about the big 3 in the West (for respect) than beating any Eastern Conference team.

Cleveland has beaten them 4 out of last 5 and covered 5 straight and the Boozer controversy is still there to add fuel to the fire. Yes, I think they are very aware of Cleveland.

Cleveland has beaten them 4 out of last 5 and covered 5 straight and the Boozer controversy is still there to add fuel to the fire. Yes, I think they are very aware of Cleveland.

Nice, I didn't realize the Cavs had them 4 out of 5. It makes sense tho, Utahs one weak link IMO is their 2 guard defense. Good angle.

Handy what's up with the cockiness man?

You're not some omnipotent god of the game you know.

I'm not saying your bet is cocky, it's your attitude, show a bit more respect to people than just "sucker this sucker that".

This isn't c****s you know. ;).

And no, I don't think Utah are a sucker bet tonight, nor will I think so if they lose by 10. I think they have way too much depth and talent for this Magic team. Orlando won't be losing forever but I rate Utah a lot better and don't buy much into "they're more motivated" crap.

All teams are motivated, those who have secured the playoffs, fighting for playoffs and dead last in the standings. Motivation card is played by people who don't know how to reason their bets.

No team in the NBA is a solid bet on the second of a back to back on the road. Some teams may have winning records but I'm sorry when you play a tough game like the Jazz did last night the last thing you want to do is plop your money back down on them tonight on the road as chalk. This could be a mail it in game. You never know what's the mindset of these teams on the road. Very hard to get up for every game on the road. That's the concept which so many square bettors don't understand. It's hard to win on the road by one single point let alone a vegas margin. Haven't you ever heard Bill Parcells say to reporters "Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a win in this league" He's the coach and he's saying it. You have to be brain dead to think laying points on the road is every going to be a layup regardless of the paper mismatch. The oddsmakers are smart people.

By the way I believe almost any road chalk is a suckers bet in the NBA. It's very rare that the situation absolutely dictates the road chalk to cover a game with ease. Other than injuries it's normally the better team laying points and the home team is looking to give them their best shot at taking them down. That's why it's so damn tough to win on the road. Just look at the best teams records on the road and you will see what I'm talking about.

Why on earth did everyone bet the Bulls tonight to win on the road? They lose 2 out of every 3 games away from home. You have to be brain dead to lay points with a team like that.

Say what you want about Handy but Handy knows his shit when it comes to gambling. You may not like my style or my arrogance but deep down you know that I know what I'm talking about.

Life isn't dandy when you're bickering with Handy!!

Good luck and as always life is dandy when you're barking at Handy!!

If it's so easy and clear as you present it (and I'm not saying you don't have a case, all I ever said is that you should be more focused on discussing rather than "teaching"), why not simply fading the road chalk on B2B every time, you would probably be up a million units, right?

To me personally all games are of different type and different situation, I would never take a team that LACKS depth and can only rely on one weapon on the back end of b2b(both on the road), but Utah are a team that can provide that depth and versatility. Say what you want (I'll use your discourse a bit ;) ), but Utah are the better team here, and 4 points doesn't necessarily mean a blowout win.

You may have a point with avoiding road chalk at all cost, after all you don't have to bet every game on the board, but as I said I'm a situational bettor and after last night's letdown I think Utah close the game on a strong note tonight.

I never acted as if I "owned the game", but being from Europe and making approx 350 units in the last 3 seasons, would suggest I'm not a sucker square either. If I lose tonight, I lose. I'm a big boy, I can handle my losses. :smiley_acbe:

A lot of guys here are taking the other side, I just feel there's a better way of presenting it than "sucker bet this and that".

Your last two posts (and your threads) showed you can provide useful info and insight, but you also raise a lot of eyebrows with the attitude, and you shouldn't be surprised when people are moaning about it.

:shake:

I don't care if people disagree with me. Yes, I do try to teach fundamental gambling to others. Reason being I hate to see people lose money. I know that if I can open at least one persons eyebrows I've done my job. Too many people go down a bad road when it comes to gambling and although you may or may not make money betting road chalk most don't. In fact it's the soft looking lines which attract square bettors to laying road chalk because the numbers look so easy. I don't care what you bet but my main purpose when I post is to simply get people to think beyond their nose. Some take it personally while others simply understand where I'm coming from and disagree. IT's great that you or anyone else disagree's with me. All I say is bet the road chalk and lose with the road chalk. More people get their ass kicked laying road chalk than any other bet they make. The home numbers are too large so the road numbers look too easy. By the way I don't think Utah was in a good spot tonight. Very tough get banged around and beat up by Miami's physical players and then having to go deal with Howard and company in Orlando. The Magic aren't a bad team although they haven't been playing well.

Good luck and as always life is dandy when you're in disagreement with Handy!!

ok, I can live with that, discussing the game is what these forums are all about, not constant ass kissing and "you're the best, we love you Randy Marsh" :D

So I know where you're coming from, and some things you mentioned are nothing else but valid points.

And it's not that I've been making money on road chalk alone, actually I'm not the biggest fan of road chalk even though I put everything else aside if I see a good situation, and I see one tonight.

We'll see how 2nd half unfolds btw, when I decided to pull the trigger on this one I relied on Utah having a strong finish, still a lot to be played and Utah are playing well in most departments, if not for the big number of turnovers they would be up by 4,5.

Hile should we open an in game topic to comment on the action tonight, rather than doing it in the pick threads?

I didn't see the game but judging by the score it appears the Jazz mailed it in tonight. This is exactly why I hate laying road chalk especially in back to backs. Very dangerous situation. The bottom line the Jazz don't have much to play for. Yes, they can possibly improve their seeding but it's either 3, 4 or 5. Watch, Friday night they will kick the crap out of the Sixers. At least that's my guess.

Hey, don't feel bad I took the Pacers tonight when I saw Jermaine O' Neal in the lineup. I was tempted to bail on this at the half but I thought the number was wrong. Yeah, it was wrong all right. I just know that Washington is not a reliable team to cover road chalk. I knew full well Indy sucks they're struggling and they played last night but I thought 6 would prove to be close or too many. In the end the bet was as bad as yours.

If you meant me, I don't feel bad at all :D. Jazz and Ben Wallace prop (rebs, over 11, he stayed at 10 :D) are my only losses of the night, cashed in with Zaza over 7.5 rebs, Cavs -1,5, Mem-Cavs over 200.5, Bobcats+Penguins double, now took Dallas 2nd H -4 for lower stakes and tailed BAR with the Pistons for 3 units.

Actually a very good night. Utah shat the bed again, but roughly 20 units of profit on the night (and I won't be calculating more than half of it in my record since I only count picks I provide writeups for and post them at least an hour before the tipoff, plus no doubles obviously, etc...)

:shake:

Satyr,

My question to you is what's the real purpose of keeping an online record? I did it once and showed a profit and all I got was a bunch of people disputing my results. I will never do it again. Plus, my record, my money and that's it in a nut shell. I truly don't care what anyone's record is. In fact I don't even pay attention to it. The one thing I like to do is see who is on a roll and then find the game I think they're going to lose and bet against them. There was a guy on talksport who had hit 8 or 9 in a row tonight and had the Wizards -4. I liked the Pacers at +6 but when I saw he was on it I really thought tonight was the night he was going to lose. I will be going against him real soon. I'm pretty sure of that. Very hard to win 10,11,12 in a row. Regression to the mean.

GLTU

Well if you put it like that, what's the purpose of posting on internet forums? Helping people? Helping yourself? As you said, all that really matters to each and every one of us is our own account and wallet.

But if that was the sole guiding star there would be nobody to post, as everyone would find it obsolete, hiding behind some alias and trying to "prove yourself". Prove to whom?

Exactly.

That's why I'd like to think that we're all here for more than just our own record(s), for socializing, discussing views, chatting during the "in games", etc...

The record shows what exactly you've done in a period. And since it all comes to that, whether you are making profit or not (believe me, if I wasn't, I wouldn't spend time on various internet boards AT ALL, let alone moderate a huge European board and invest my time and nerves there), but since some of the guys there (as well as here) have helped me make profit (even though my call is the last one, I can't say I'm that stuck up to be self sufficient, so I do take other people's advice, when I like the reasoning of course, but still it's not something I would come up with on my own, and you have to admit you can't do it on your own. Even if you are doing it now, there was still a period you had to be influenced by others, until you formed your own way of capping) I decided to try to bring something back. I hope that I am. Letting others be the judges of that.
Also, forums are fun. If you didn't think so, you wouldn't be spending your time here. It's not like you're on some holy inquisition to help people make money and you're "on the job" while doing it. You have fun, you discuss, sometimes argue, you chant a few limericks on the way, everything that rhymes with "handy" would do :D.

So isn't that why we're all here? Records are just there for orientation. Not everyone has to have it, for example SportsNut is one of the best cappers I know and he doesn't have a record, really I don't even feel like asking him, it doesn't matter. He's good.

I don't think having a good record automatically suggests a guy is good. I for once NEVER had a losing season in any of the US sports (and have in mind, not only have I never been to the US, but I've never been to a country where English is primary language :D), and since I'm 23 I don't think I got game just because I made some units/euros/dollars.

I don't think of records as something of competitive nature, after all we have different unit definitions, some cappers have 1-3 staking system, some 1-5, and I have 1-10. A different thing for me to make 50 units and for BAR for example.

But as I said, it doesn't necessarily need to be standardized at all, it's good enough if we keep it individually, for similar reasons as why you're fading that guy.
So everyone would know if you're hot or cold or how you did this month compared to last one. At least I see it that way.

:shake: GL.

I just believe keeping a record is useless simply because we all play more games than we have the time to post. It is what it is but I could go 0-3 or 3-0 tonight but post a loser on one play and I'm 0-1 for a posted record. Honestly, I don't have time for that shit. It's too much book keeping and peeps nonsense.

Back