Any reason Baylor doesn't score 62 points on Saturday vs Rice?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

They might even get to 70. Rice has no defense, Baylor should score on almost every possession.

Yeah, a team is pretty much expected to score on almost every possession when their team total lines out somewhere in the 50s. And I agree, Rice's defense very suspect and should get scored on frequently and fast. Good 1st half Over spot too if the line happens to be on the right side of a key number.

But don't forget that Baylor's defense is trash- kind of surprising after reading how "good" they were supposed to be this year. Hopefully the early week off helped them get it together as I am on Baylor as well- GL!

I have confidence in Rice to score some points. But the question was on Baylor scoring and NT even put up 24 last week on Rice so yea they will probably go HAM

62 is a heck of a lot to ask for. They "only" scored 66 on Lam and 56 on SMU. Texas dropped 42 on Rice, but did it with only 11 first downs and 277 total yards. They rushed for 149 yards on 5.3 yards per carry and threw for 128 yards. Rice turned the ball over 5 times to give Texas 42 points.

Baylor is a heck of a lot better on offense than Texas, but is Rice going to turn the ball over 5 times, allow a defensive td, and allow a punt return for a TD? I would be much more concerned with the defensive effort against North Texas, where they allowed 20 first downs and 478 yards.

But, Rice is a team that dominates time of possession. 60 is a lot to ask for.

Rice will likely dominate TOP tomorrow as well but it shouldn't matter. If Baylor gets 9 normal possessions they should get the team total and that's not even factoring in defensive scores or short fields. You should want Rice to put up points, if they do it shouldn't be 9 play drives.

Back