Any real reason I shouldn't take a shot on Nebraska?

Joe shouldn't be. Nebraska doesn't like playing against teams with good defenses who are pretty fast too.

Hummm, fair. That said, Clemson is breaking in a new coach, someone who I'm sure wants to win, but who seems to have the job either way. Meanwhile, Nebraska pretty much needs the win for the program in a big way, do they not?

Obviously I'm reading some things into this, but . . .

Nebraska's D is getting better. They're still prone to the big play, but they have some good talent, especially up front. I think the NU front 4 is far superior to the Clemson OLine which should contain the Clemson running game. Clemson, with their 2 great RB, hasn't really done much on the ground all year. I think the NU offense is a similar style to what Florida St. has - pretty balanced, halfway mobile QB, Nebraska has more consistent WR play. FSU shredded this Clemson D. Is the Clemson D really that good or are the ACC offenses just terrible? I like Nebraska and made them the favorite. Pelini has been outstanding in bowl games with one exception being the beating OU took against USC in the champ. game.

went with the better defensive team who I feel has more explosive playmakers in Clemson...

It was inevitable the ACC would come back down to earth after going 6-0 ATS in its first 6 bowl games. 6-2 ATS after yesterday and I think the losing continues today. Nebraska has improved over the course of the season and they have the more talented QB. Think Clemson blew its load down the stretch and is just happy to be here. Agree this is a bigger game for the Nebraska program as well.

Be careful betting against teams that underachieved during the regular season but have good athletes. Look what another underachieving ACC team, Florida State, did to another Midwest team, Wisconsin (of course, Nebraska probably has a much better offense than Wiscy). Or look what happened last night with previously underachieving LSU demolishing Georgia Tech. I think the month off really helps coaches fix correctable flaws in underachieving teams and have them play more disciplined and to their potential. Now, who has better athletes - Clemson or Nebraska?

Now, it's possible that Clemson isn't nearly as talented as LSU or Florida State. But I took Nebraska +3 a month ago and I'm going to hedge a bit with Clemson today. The line will possibly be a pick'em at kickoff.

Two words why...............Cullen Harper.

Harper's numbers suffered this year because of a shoulder injury. He should be 100% for this game, and at 100% last year he threw for 27 TDs and just 6 INTs against a schedule of good defenses.

Hummm, fair. That said, Clemson is breaking in a new coach, someone who I'm sure wants to win, but who seems to have the job either way. Meanwhile, Nebraska pretty much needs the win for the program in a big way, do they not?

Obviously I'm reading some things into this, but . . .

The old coach would have lost this game. Im hoping the New coach wins it.

Back