• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Any Preseason NFL Mags out yet ?

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
Sorry if already discussed in here..

Heading to Barnes & Noble tonight will report back if I see anything..

None out at Barnes & Noble that I could find.

There were the Athon's and Lindy's CFB rags out. Pass.

Feel like any NCAA magazine would have more beneficial information than anything NFL wise - we all know more than any NFL magazine I feel.

Because the schedule is announced so late, I think that's why they aren't out yet? Not really sure.

For college, the bet the board college conference previews are a pretty good listen.

Ordered up my Phil Steele magazine (NCAA)

Ships middle of this month

I was a CFB junkie for 38 seasons and have bought the Phil Steele annual every year it has been out which has been probably 30+ years now.

Then Sam Hartman to ND happened and it was just weird to watch a guy play 4 years at one school then one year at ND. Rinse and repeat all over the country.
Then the bowls happened this last year and it was the worst bowl season ever with key opt outs in every game except the playoff.

At least in the NFL, you can get to know teams and their QB's without all of this crazy transferring going on all over the country. Players obviously change teams but not without playing 3+ years in one place.

CFB will never be the same IMO and this change is not for the better. Just my 01. You all enjoy. I will probably wake up December for the 12 teamer to see how that goes.

I was a CFB junkie for 38 seasons and have bought the Phil Steele annual every year it has been out which has been probably 30+ years now.

Then Sam Hartman to ND happened and it was just weird to watch a guy play 4 years at one school then one year at ND. Rinse and repeat all over the country.
Then the bowls happened this last year and it was the worst bowl season ever with key opt outs in every game except the playoff.

At least in the NFL, you can get to know teams and their QB's without all of this crazy transferring going on all over the country. Players obviously change teams but not without playing 3+ years in one place.

CFB will never be the same IMO and this change is not for the better. Just my 01. You all enjoy. I will probably wake up December for the 12 teamer to see how that goes.
I agree. And believe it or not, players will opt out of the playoff too. Some players were using sitting out of last years playoff to leverage with getting more NIL.

I'll give it a year or two, but this players on a year to year free agency is a joke and not sustainable.

Totally understand where you're coming from, I've been a huge CFB my whole life. Do not agree with most all the changing going around (especially the transfer portal)

Everything is ran through money unfortunately

Bowl season is horrific now, for sure. Just have to be happy to have NFL, NCAABB, and other sports going on.

Feel like any NCAA magazine would have more beneficial information than anything NFL wise - we all know more than any NFL magazine I feel.
For me I like the recap of last season's results plus the changes to the teams.

I am not up to speed like most of you here are so I have to catch late LOL

Found Athlon's and Lindy's NFL at B&N yesterday.

Countdown begins to preseason NFL just around the corner...

Hey Majent,

good to see you; agree whole-heartedly with your post. I still LOVE football but intensely dislike what has happened to the CFB game and college athletics in general. I now prefer the NFL with its Survivor Pools, Contest Pools and heaven forbid...even FF. My interest in the college game has waned week to week and now the regular season has become less important as well.

Hey Majent,

good to see you; agree whole-heartedly with your post. I still LOVE football but intensely dislike what has happened to the CFB game and college athletics in general. I now prefer the NFL with its Survivor Pools, Contest Pools and heaven forbid...even FF. My interest in the college game has waned week to week and now the regular season has become less important as well.
Could not agree more, Bro. And I know how passionate you have been about CFB for many decades now.

Back