Any NW/EMU discussion?

askias

Pretty much a regular
All I know about Northwestern is that they have a good journalism school and I know even less about EMU.

the only thing I know so far is that EMU will have a freshman QB starting...bring back memory of that S. Miss/Rice game couple of weeks ago except S. Miss was the fav with the new QB

Anyone else knows anything about EMU???

EMU is starting a freshman QB tonight.. starter Andy Schmitt (shoulder) is expected to miss, and he generated most of their offense to begin with

EMU has no ground game (3.6 ypc) and now their starting qb is out.. EMU gives up 30.0 ppg and 410.3 total ypg and NW is coming off back-to-back 40+ performances. sounds like a recipe for disaster for EMU.

btw, this one is being played on a neutral field - not a home game for EMU

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=data1left width=50>10/19/07</TD><TD class=data1left width=25>QB</TD><TD class=data1left width=100>Andy Schmitt</TD><TD class=data1left width=110>Shoulder</TD><TD class=data1left>downgraded to expected to miss</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leaning towards N. W. myself but still undecided. Does anyone know what kind of offense EMU runs? Never seen them play before so would like to find out as much info as possible about that offense and defense because I'm also leaning towards the over. Hard to play under when N. W. is involved because their defense cannot stop anyone.

Thanks!!!

Played Northwestern right away this week at -8.5. Eastern is not a good team and no Shmitt means cthey are terrible. Game is being played at Ford Field on a fast track. Really like this game.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">fast track - nw gets to 40 again.. good enough for me
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">ditto etg
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=data1left width=50>10/16/07</TD><TD class=data1left width=25>RB</TD><TD class=data1left width=100>Tyrell Sutton</TD><TD class=data1left width=110>Ankle</TD><TD class=data1left>downgraded to doubtful.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

damnit Sutton, whatever.

If NW can put up 49 and 48 on Minny and Mich St, hopefully they can touch 40 in this one over EMU

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I don't think it matters who starts at tailback - you or I could run through those holes you'll see tonight - rush d is giving up 200 p/g on the ground

I am leaning NW right now. I do hesitate because NW has not covered as a fav TY. I could see EMU having some success running the ball after gaining over 170 LW against Ohio and 135 against Mich the week before.
I would like to see how NW has done as a fav the last couple of years.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">QB Schmitt led the team in rushing last week (15 for 55) and he was second on the team in rushing overall

Only thing that worries me is that NW did not put up the kind of performance I was expecting against Minnesota.

Back