Any chance he survives this? A’s announcer

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Long suffering As fan. Just LOVE the team. Started out with my grandmother taking me to games as part of a reading challenge reward in elementary school, and have been a fan ever since.

I’m sick to my stomach about them likely leaving to Vegas. Just sucks.

Anyways, on top of everything else and their horrible year, this happens today. I am familiar with this announcer and he is in no way racist. But am worried this might be the end of him with how our current society is, and obviously this isn’t a great look….

Thoughts? Odds of not being fired?

Lol, oh shit. I never heard it called that. Normally I can’t stand the way everyone gets fired cause this pc woke trash but that a tough one to defend, that not a slip up, you know that what he calls it behind closed doors or how else it come out like that? Pretty sure he fired.

Too bad for him bout the internet, can’t figure many ppl were actually watching.
That's what makes it so much better. He's now famous for being a racist and Arthur Bryant's has to respond

They are the worst of the big names in KC bbq as it is so it only makes sense

Lol, oh shit. I never heard it called that. Normally I can’t stand the way everyone gets fired cause this pc woke trash but that a tough one to defend, that not a slip up, you know that what he calls it behind closed doors or how else it come out like that? Pretty sure he fired.
It’s a tough one. I really like him and want to give him the benefit of the doubt… but crap.

It sorta sounds like he‘s trying to say the correct historical term for that league. His articulation of it is slurred, which to me means that his brain is deciding between related alternatives and doesn’t process a final decision cleanly. Maybe he just thought of the bad word innocently by some association he makes between the correct word and perhaps the way black people were treated and what they were more commonly called back then? Then it slipped out by mistake, innocently.

It sorta sounds like he‘s trying to say the correct historical term for that league. His articulation of it is slurred, which to me means that his brain is deciding between related alternatives and doesn’t process a final decision cleanly. Maybe he just thought of the bad word innocently by some association he makes between the correct word and perhaps the way black people were treated and what they were more commonly called back then? Then it slipped out by mistake, innocently.
Dude. Just dude.

If he‘s a racist then he should be kicked out for that. But kicking someone out for blurting out a bad word by mistake? Just stop. He apologized, he wasn’t trying to hurt anyone.

If he‘s a racist then he should be kicked out for that. But kicking someone out for blurting out a bad word by mistake? Just stop. He apologized, he wasn’t trying to hurt anyone.
Lmfao

You seriously have issues with racists and feminists

We all do but supporting these losers is terrible for your brand. You might as well suck their dicks then question whether it was worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden still supports n brags about his friendships with known white supremist . I wish someone would fire him.
Of course. I'd expect nothing less from you.

And for the record I hate Biden and can't wait til he dies. Bet you can't say the same for the last or next person you vote for.

Such trailer...and no one has called the ***** League Museum the N' Museum in the history of my life that I know of other than this ass clown. Thank God he's subjected to calling A's games, I no longer want him fired...just don't pay him and make him do this for the rest of the year. They created their own prison and let him suck so badly and spew whatever he needs to for the Summer.

Of course. I'd expect nothing less from you.

And for the record I hate Biden and can't wait til he dies. Bet you can't say the same for the last or next person you vote for.

Such trailer...and no one has called the ***** League Museum the N' Museum in the history of my life that I know of other than this ass clown. Thank God he's subjected to calling A's games, I no longer want him fired...just don't pay him and make him do this for the rest of the year. They created their own prison and let him suck so badly and spew whatever he needs to for the Summer.

Oh it’s been called that plenty of times, usually at clan rallies, or in this guys living room, lol. I honestly don’t care but it crazy to think anything other than it came out that way cause that how he says it behind closed doors. The only accident was drinking enough before the show to say it on the air. While I’m sure that makes him a partial racist at least I dunno that he actually a bad dude or hates black ppl: a lot of ppl were just raised w that word and can’t help themselves, I’m not sure that means they terrible ppl or anything, just ignorant.

I’ve been known to use the word, usually as a derogatory name about a person of any race, or in the slang term when telling a story like “this crazy n’’’’’’ did so and so!” , I never mean it as racist I just heard it a lot in the derogatory when I was young and then heard it a lot in the descriptive from my friends of that color. The first time or 2 I let it slip in Mississippi prison telling a story to my black fiends I was a tad nervous, luckily when I paused awkwardly they were like “it ok (my nickname) we know you one of us”, luckily they knew me before they heard me I guess, lol. They made fun of me for how “white I sounded “ all the time so I guess it was a fair trade! I always told them if they didn’t notice I was in fact white and not a poser. I guess that why we got along, to me the divide that matters in this country shouldn’t be about color but ppl without shit vs the ppl making the rules trying to keep all the shit, or poor/rich if you wanna make it simpler. It’s a shame that somehow the ppl who make all the rules and have everything have managed to deflect from that by dividing ppl that should have the same goals, getting rid of them!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Oh it’s been called that plenty of times, usually at clan rallies, or in this guys living room, lol. I honestly don’t care but it crazy to think anything other than it came out that way cause that how he says it behind closed doors. The only accident was drinking enough before the show to say it on the air. While I’m sure that makes him a partial racist at least I dunno that he actually a bad dude or hates black ppl: a lot of ppl were just raised w that word and can’t help themselves, I’m not sure that means they terrible ppl or anything, just ignorant.

I’ve been known to use the word, usually as a derogatory name about a person of any race, or in the slang term when telling a story like “this crazy n’’’’’’ did so and so!” , I never mean it as racist I just heard it a lot in the derogatory when I was young and then heard it a lot in the descriptive from my friends of that color. The first time or 2 I let it slip in Mississippi prison telling a story to my black fiends I was a tad nervous, luckily when I paused awkwardly they were like “it ok (my nickname) we know you one of us”, luckily they knew me before they heard me I guess, lol. They made fun of me for how “white I sounded “ all the time so I guess it was a fair trade! I always told them if they didn’t notice I was in fact white and not a poser. I guess that why we got along, to me the divide that matters in this country shouldn’t be about color but ppl without shit vs the ppl making the rules trying to keep all the shit, or poor/rich if you wanna make it simpler. It’s a shame that somehow the ppl who make all the rules and have everything have managed to deflect from that by dividing ppl that should have the same goals, getting rid of them!
Divide and conquer will always rule the day

That dude is a sacrificial lamb, I'm very confident he didn't have a clue that what he said was out of line, just shows how it works in life, not just tv. Weird situation because you simply can't say that even in the living room over coffee with one other person. Doesn't mean you don't think it though, that's the overlying issue. Trying to be PC doesn't make you any less or more of an asshole.

And regardless what I think bout dude or his use of the word I don’t think we should crucify ppl for doing or saying shit that happens to be on air or put on the internet or anything else. Is that really the answer? I promise the majority of the ppl it should offend don’t care or even know he said it and plenty of them say racist shit also. It not the end of the world like these woke Assholes wanna make it. It doesn’t make ppl monsters cause they were raised certain ways and/or don’t know any better. I mean if dude is hosting clan rallies than yea, he too far gone and should prob be thrown in the river, but burying ppl for shit like that is retarded (oh shit, can I say retarded?). Ppl need to take a fucking chill pill and understand the way shit is and admit to themselves they have surely said something that offended someone before and they wouldn’t like their lives ruined for it.

Divide and conquer will always rule the day

That dude is a sacrificial lamb, I'm very confident he didn't have a clue that what he said was out of line, just shows how it works in life, not just tv. Weird situation because you simply can't say that even in the living room over coffee with one other person. Doesn't mean you don't think it though, that's the overlying issue. Trying to be PC doesn't make you any less or more of an asshole.

I’ve never been one to think words mattered all that much, I had a super fun time in school always in trouble for cursing. I think intent is far more important, unfortunately for him I don’t think when you say that about the ***** league that the intent is very good, lol. Still don’t think that means his life should get totally fucked, there no way that in any way helps the issue that he was raised wrong as many are. I don’t think taking away the guys livelihood is gonna help fix the problem at all, if anything it will prob make him have way more resentment than he had previously and most likely make him a full blown racist. Plus incite others that think it innocent cause they say it to have more resentment. The path to change isn’t crushing ppl for somethinv they don’t even realize such a big deal to some.

The only real solution is time and banging as many ppl of other races as possible until USA is just one big creamed color! Evolution baby!

• Love
I’ve never been one to think words mattered all that much, I had a super fun time in school always in trouble for cursing. I think intent is far more important, unfortunately for him I don’t think when you say that about the ***** league that the intent is very good, lol. Still don’t think that means his life should get totally fucked, there no way that in any way helps the issue that he was raised wrong as many are. I don’t think taking away the guys livelihood is gonna help fix the problem at all, if anything it will prob make him have way more resentment than he had previously and most likely make him a full blown racist. Plus incite others that think it innocent cause they say it to have more resentment. The path to change isn’t crushing ppl for something they don’t even realize such a big deal to some.
Was lucky in college to have an interpersonal communications prof that encouraged using words in the right context. Hell I wouldn't remove them from my vocab at all...

But when I use them, it's to express a point. Like I'm fucking fired up or shit's hitting the fan. Became very comfortable using these destructive words in context and even in public speaking. Rarely to see or hear me say fuck off or fuck you. Happens but I use it regular speech to exemplify how much something means to me. If I say you're the best fucking poster on here, I'm pretty sure you aren't offended by that.

Now back on topic, it's likely he doesn't know or didn't know what he said was offensive. I haven't used the term in years even on my rap albums...but he needs to be more socially aware for sure. It doesn't even take much effort to learn how that term has no business being in your vocab, especially if you're a tv personality. Pretty easy to understand that.

If he anything like cardinals tv and radio ppl of my lifetime he was probably alreddy a 6 pack deep which would explain the slurred speech VC mentioned. Alcoholism is prob more ingrained to baseball ppl than racism. I couldn’t imagine doing A’s games every day without a drink or 7!!

I don't see how he survives in the social climate today. Mistake sure, racist individual who knows, don't think it matters. Remember the OU coach who was fired when just reading what one of his players had written containing that word.

I don't see how he survives in the social climate today. Mistake sure, racist individual who knows, don't think it matters. Remember the OU coach who was fired when just reading what one of his players had written containing that word.

Oh im sure he fired i just don’t think it the right way to fix anything.

Back