Anthony Kim comeback (WOW)

Still holds the record for birdies in a round at Augusta with 11 in 2010.

He just disappeared basically after a few WDs in 2012.

He's the PGA tour Yeti.

Injuries. He had his Achilles operated on and also had some shoulder/neck injuries if I'm remembering correctly.

That's why the disability money that he's been paid could be a sticking point as he has to pay it back (or a portion of it) and it's over 10 million.

Injuries. He had his Achilles operated on and also had some shoulder/neck injuries if I'm remembering correctly.

That's why the disability money that he's been paid could be a sticking point as he has to pay it back (or a portion of it) and it's over 10 million.
I was talking about this with a buddy today. It either has to be substantially more than $10MM, or there's other things at play. I know he couldn't have foreseen the dramatic increase in purses that have happened in the last 3 years, but even in 2012 when he walked away, $10MM would have been more than feasible for him to earn on and off the course. Probably year after year. There has to be some sort of mental issue at play. Whether it was depression, or a loss of confidence post-injury (similar to Koepka), there's no way he wouldn't be able to make that much money plus a lot more if he could have played, even if it was at 70% of his peak ability

I was talking about this with a buddy today. It either has to be substantially more than $10MM, or there's other things at play. I know he couldn't have foreseen the dramatic increase in purses that have happened in the last 3 years, but even in 2012 when he walked away, $10MM would have been more than feasible for him to earn on and off the course. Probably year after year. There has to be some sort of mental issue at play. Whether it was depression, or a loss of confidence post-injury (similar to Koepka), there's no way he wouldn't be able to make that much money plus a lot more if he could have played, even if it was at 70% of his peak ability

The amount of money he’s been paid from disability since he’s been gone is 12 million. So if he has to pay that back, he’s got to think, at the very least, he can earn 12 million for the rest of his career.

You’re right, him only getting that doesn’t seem to add up to what he would have earned over that 10 years but I’m not sure that’s the way to look at it now, since it’s already been paid and he hasn’t played in a decade plus. What he can make from now going forward is all that seems to matter…if he’s got to pay back all of that money.

Back