Anthony arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence

MemphisFan

Pretty much a regular
Wow, nice timing!

ESPN said:
Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony was arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence, Denver police said.

<!-- begin player card --> <!-- end player card -->Anthony was driving south on Interstate 25 at around 4 a.m. when he was pulled over and taken into custody. Denver police said he was driving a silver Mercedes and was stopped for failing to drive in a single lane and failing to dim lights. Several Denver media outlets reported that he was given a Breathalyzer test.

"We are aware of the situation with Carmelo Anthony," the Nuggets said in a statement, adding that they are gathering information and have no further comment. Anthony's lawyer confirmed that the forward was released on bond later Monday morning and a summons appearance was scheduled for May 14. "He cooperated by consenting to a blood test, the results of which will not be available for approximately two weeks," attorney Dan Recht said. "There was no accident and no one was hurt."

LINK

not only does he not play any sort of d but he also drives trashed. lol.

This actually doesn't shock me. Not because I think he's a clown or whatever, but because as much as folks like me (part-time Nuggets fans) and die hard Nuggets/Melo fans want this guy to be mature, he's just not.

He's a kid of privilege, and now he's got a ton of money and the run of the town.

Just the fact that he was out at 4:00 AM on a Sunday night--what the f**k? I'm from Denver, there are precious few places he could have been coming from, you may be able to count them on one hand.

And even if he was only over at a friends, seriously, 4:00 AM?

In other news, I wouldn't have taken that breath test either. Smart thing there, blood takes time to come back and you can fight it easier in Colorado from what I understand.

Oh, and this report's kind of f**ked up.

You don't get given a breath test and blood. If you refuse the breath test, then they take you down and take blood.

That's why, right now, it's only "suspicion" of DUI.

Thug life :)

yeah Melo...maybe next time they can have you on tape with LaLa bumpin over liquour stores

Oh, and this report's kind of f**ked up.

You don't get given a breath test and blood. If you refuse the breath test, then they take you down and take blood.

That's why, right now, it's only "suspicion" of DUI.

Around here if you refuse the breath test you're just fucked. They may or may not give you a blood test and you get an additional failure to comply charge. I don't recommend anyone in Tennessee reject the breathalyser.

Yeah, it totally depends on the place--and I don't think cops like it anywhere when you basically tell them no.

I didn't know Tenny was like that, though.

F**king Tennessee.

Oh, and that all said, the rules are always just a little different when you're famous.

Young, black, and in a Benz at 4:00 AM on the highway anywhere is sort of an invitation to many cops.

Back