Andrew Bynum?

SF_capper

CTG addict
Thoughts on his irrelevance in round 1 and how he'll influence conference semi-finals? If he's useless, I think Houston has a good chance..

Hes def not 100%. His bad footwork and sluggish D assures him numerous traveling violations and early foul trouble.

Vs. Houston, he would need to play with Gasol and hope that they matchup Yao vs Pau. There is no way Scola or any other Houston PF can guard Gasol. I def think he can be more of a factor vs Houston on the defensive end and boards.

He's finished. Who knows WTF is wrong with him, but if he can't do better than 4 points vs. a team which had no player taller than 6'9'', he's finished. I don't think they'll need him to beat the shit out of the West though. May bite em in the ass vs. Cleveland, but I'm pretty sure Phil and Kobe and co. have been preparing for quite a while under the assumption that he's basically gonna be a non-factor.

Houston has no chance vs. LA. LA owns that team.

I dont think he's hurt as much as he is out of shape.

Last game out he had no lift, was easily winded and showed no burst. I think he got lazy and didnt work as hard to get back into game shape. Again its just my observation.

he will always be an average player

picture bryant 'big country' reeves coated in milk chocolate

Bynum's just having his feel for the playoffs. No big deal. Against Utah, he's up against Boozer or Millsap, guys that loves to move around and drive to the hoop. Against Houston, he'll just have to stay his ground and defend Yao.

Seems to me he just needs to get his conditioning back which should improve as the Lakers keep advancing in the playoffs.

He's not in his best shape obviously, and Phil just couldn't play him much for that reason as well as cause he didn't really need him against Utah. He should have a bigger role vs Houston (if they win), and I expect him to be sharper as far as playoffs go.

that doesn't make sense. LA owned Utah in 4 out of the 5 games. Phil didn't play Bynum cuz he didn't need him? are they saving him for something? I'd imagine if you don't need him, in games that are out of hand, that would be the best time for him to get on the court. You give him 10 spot minutes here and there that does no one any good

No, I meant he didn't need him cause of match ups, as Utah don't have a big center, not cause beating Utah was too easy. And after a lengthy injury it's better to bring him in slowly, he can't get into his rhythm straight away, I think he'll be good with a bit more practice.

This was a big topic on LA radio yesterday. The general consensus seemed to be that he's a) not hurt--or, at least, healed to the point where that's not the issue and b) it's all in his head.

That's not me, that's sort of the radio talking heads here.

They think he's just getting a taste of how it is in the playoffs for the first time, it's overwhelming him, and he hasn't acclimated himself to it yet.

This would make some sense. He seemed completely lost when the refs ran him out of that game in Utah. Some of those calls were bad, most, really, but they came in part from him being out of position and a step slow.

Whether that's injury or just the increased speed of the playoffs I have no idea. But with the general advantage the Lakers have in the West, I see no reason not to throw the guy to the wolves to find out. It can't hurt that much--assuming he's 100% healthy.

I just think its his conditioning and getting accustomed to the playoff officiating

rd .2 ............

353631157088842gl6.jpg

can't agree with that, I think he could be a great player but he is certainly raw at this point in his career

Bryant 'fat country' Reeves was and continues to be the biggest failure of a basketball player who has ever lived.

The guys hair was literally falling out because he was nervous about playing basketball, he sucked. The fact that I got my head shaved when I was younger for free tickets to a Vancouver Grizzlies game is the biggest regret of my life.

Back