Andalucia Masters - Spain

LeRinkRat

Pretty much a regular
Andalucia Masters October 18th thru 21st
Real Club Valderrama, Spain

NO real Euro Tour "name" players playing as they are either playing the CJ Cup in Korea or already headed to Shanghai, China for next weeks co-sponsored PGA/Euro Tour WGC-HSBC Champions $10 million purse tourney :confused:

last season:
WIN - Segrio Garcia [-12]
2nd - Joost Luiten [-11]
3rd - Daniel Brooks [-7]
4th - Jamie Donaldson [-5] (not listed)
5th - Wade Ormsby [-4]

favorites:
Sergio Garcia 4-1. Shane Lowry 10-1. Lee Westwood and Padraig Harrington 18-1

my "cats & dogs" (bet/return)
Jorge Campillo 30-1 (17/527) solo 3rd Irish Open [-13] T-8th Open de France [-4] T-3rd China Open [-16] T-5th Open de Espana [-15] T-4th Oman Open [-11] solo 2nd Maybank [-19]
Julien Guerrier 50-1 (10/510) T-2nd third round British Masters [-6] but blew up final in the rain
Gavin Green 80-1 (6.50/526.50) T-9th British Masters [-2] T-12th European Masters [-7] solo 3rd Czech [-17]
Lee Slattery 80-1 (6.50/526.50) T-4th Czech Masters [-15] solo 3rd Italian Open [-20]
Joakin Lagergren 100-1 (5/505) WIN Sicilian Open [-16]
Richard MvEvoy 100-1 (5/505) WIN European Open [-11] WIN Le Vaudreuil [-18] (Challenge Tour)
Kim Koivu 100-1 (5/505) T-7th Portugal [-15] WIN Rolex Trophy [-22] (Challenge Tour) WIN Finnish [-21] (Challenge Tour)
David Lipsky 125-1 (4/504) T-13th European Open [-6]
Phachara Knongwatmai 125-1 (4/504) T-8th European Masters [-9] T-12th Denmark [-13] T-9th Czech [-12]

NO tourney match plays for me this week. VERY limited offerings and nothing "jumps" at me which will probably save me money :)

Last edited:
couple more tack on "to win" bets
Marcus Fraser 100-1 (5/505) T-10th Alfred Dunhill [-8] (solo 2nd 3rd round)
Marc Warren 125-1 (4/504) T-5th Open de Espana [-15]

well the Euro Tour can just NOT get away from bad weather cold and wind with rain in BOTH Scotland and Surry, England the last two tourneys NOW thunderstorms delayed the start of the tourney in Valderrama, Spain this week. half the afternoon bank did NOT finish the 1st round :(

first round leader (so far) Ashley Chesters (OWGR #362) [-5] with Frenchman Gregory Bourdy (OWGR #614) solo 2nd [-4] both in the clubhouse. four more at [-3] including tourney favorite Sergio Garcia. my best "to wins" so far Jorge Campillo in at [-2] along with Richard McEvoy thru hole #8 yet to finish

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/golf/valderrama-golf-course-weather/es.aspx
looks like MORE RAIN Friday :mad:

WOW what a MESS in Spain!!! MORE rain delayed the 2nd round and half the field did NOT even START and those who DID play only got half way thru their round. I do NOT know IF they will be able to finish this thing on Sunday. probably need to do a "shot gun" start Saturday :(

well they FINALLY got the 2nd round completed Saturday.looks like Sergio Garcia going to repeat as champion with his 2nd round [-7] for tourney [-10]. closest challenger Ashley Chaesters [-1] for [-6] with three more at [-4]. tourney has been shortened to 54 holes so should finish Sunday IF the weather hold off :confused:

MORE freeking MESS in Spain!!! could NOT complete the final round Sunday due to weather yet AGAIN!!! Garcia still leads by three shots thru hole #7. I think most of the field probably feels like IF they EVER see Real Club Valderrama ever AGAIN it will BE TOO SOON!!! :mad:

FINALLY finished the damn tourney Monday reduced to 54 holes. as expected Sergio Garcia the winner final round [-2] for [-12] four shots over Shane Lowry [-5] for [-8] with the Finlander Mikko Korhonen solo 3rd [-4] for [-6]. the German Max Kieffer [-5], Lee Westwood [-1] and the Spaniard Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (OWGR #521) [even] tied 5th at [-4]

ON to WGC-HSBC Championship in Shanghai, China next week. first "major" of the new PGA season co-sponsored by the Euro Tour

Back