And Tua...

His talent is undeniable but he’s had a problem staying healthy his 2 years at bama. I know this hip was a freak kind of injury but he had the ankle last year, and this year, gotta worry about that in projecting him at the nfl level, no?

His talent is undeniable but he’s had a problem staying healthy his 2 years at bama. I know this hip was a freak kind of injury but he had the ankle last year, and this year, gotta worry about that in projecting him at the nfl level, no?

Have too worry big time, it a bummer cause if you ask me he the only lead pipe lock franchise changer assuming he could stay healthy. Not that the others can’t be but I think he the most likely. I’d prob roll the dice with him anyways. I don’t trust 1 year guys, and I’m not sure the ducks kid good enough to fix a broken franchise?? I think he could be very good for a solid team, he not gonna be that fortunate tho. Lol. If I’m the dog shit bungals I take Tua and prey he can stay healthy.

Have too worry big time, it a bummer cause if you ask me he the only lead pipe lock franchise changer assuming he could stay healthy. Not that the others can’t be but I think he the most likely. I’d prob roll the dice with him anyways. I don’t trust 1 year guys, and I’m not sure the ducks kid good enough to fix a broken franchise?? I think he could be very good for a solid team, he not gonna be that fortunate tho. Lol. If I’m the dog shit bungals I take Tua and prey he can stay healthy.

I agree w you on Herbert, although I’ll be honest I haven’t seen a ton of him, but he seems like your typical pac 12 qb who won’t have a productive nfl career. Outside of Tua I really like Justin Fields. See him being a lot like Lamar Jackson w better arm talent. He doesn’t run as much bc osu doesn’t ask him to but he can. I like Lawrence too, but Tua was the guy I’d have taken first, pre injury. Now it all depends how he heals and what he can show at the combine.

Would anyone advise him to come back for his Senior year at Bama?

I’d be curious to hear arguments for both sides..... Staying or Going?

I know I'm an Alabama fan, but Tua was the most enjoyable player to watch play that I can remember. It crushes me that his career at Alabama ended this way. The earliest reports sound promising for him being able to play again, I pray that he can. I'm not sure what the NFL teams will do, I imagine many will stay away due to injury history, but someone will take a chance. He's got the one thing you can't teach - accuracy, and he's got it in spades.

Agree with GPS. Although not a AL fan, I have enjoyed watching him dissect defenses. For all accounts he appears to be a solid human. One that many young people can look up to. I hope he gets his shot at the next level.

To answer your question, I would not advise him to play another snap at Bama. I could see him taking a grad assistant/QB Coach for the Tide, as he strengthens himself for the combine 2 years from now.

No way. This injury already going to cost him millions, you could argue coming back and showing the hip is no issue and balling out increases his draft stock, but he will most likely still be a high 1st rounder, just maybe not the top 5 he would have been, BUT that is only if he would stay healthy, which is something he has yet to show he can do in his 2 years there. So imo he just risks further injury issues and risk vs reward not worth it for him

They announced that Tua had surgery this morning, the prognosis is excellent, and he should return to full health.

Saban just mentioned that CJ Mosely had the same injury in the 2011 national championship game, obviously he was able to return to high level football, so good news all around

MAYBE the prior injury limited him getting away from tackle or caused him to compensate to not injure it more which caused the hip injury..........dumb to have him in there at that point.....

Saban said he wanted to get him 2 minute drill practice....CYA coach

He should definitely enter the draft

Hes gonna fall, but it will probly help his career, since maybe he can sit a year behind someone well he gets to full health

Let's be realistic, hes gonna be a patriot

Saban and bellichek are boys, give brady one more year and transition to tua

100% depends on where agent tells him he would go in draft. Even then I dunno cause might work out way better for his career to fall a little to a competent team.

He should definitely enter the draft

Hes gonna fall, but it will probly help his career, since maybe he can sit a year behind someone well he gets to full health

Let's be realistic, hes gonna be a patriot

Saban and bellichek are boys, give brady one more year and transition to tua

God that would be awful. Fuckin pats. Lol

Kid is such a gamer. Hate this for him.

Anyone know if he had an insurance policy for sure etc? Would think so right?

I saw it somewhere on Saturday night that he did have an insurance policy that covered a career ending injury, not sure if it had anything about falling draft stock. Assuming he's healthy, it could be a good thing to go later in the first and go to a better team

man someone must have been reading our posts.
a lot of debate on him returning to school

The only plausible scenario I can see with him returning doesn't necessarily include him playing, but being a student and continuing to work with Drs, trainers, etc that he's comfortable with during his rehab. I think there's a less than zero chance he ever suits up for Alabama again

He was finishing up the half, one final drive, one last set of reps in a 2-minute drill. And then he was done for the day. Just so happened that, for once, Miss. State had decent pass coverage, necessitating an extension of the play. No one saw that coming based upon how the first 27 minutes of the game had gone.

I had no issue with Tua finishing up the half on Saturday. Still no issue with it today.

He was finishing up the half, one final drive, one last set of reps in a 2-minute drill. And then he was done for the day. Just so happened that, for once, Miss. State had decent pass coverage, necessitating an extension of the play. No one saw that coming based upon how the first 27 minutes of the game had gone.

I had no issue with Tua finishing up the half on Saturday. Still no issue with it today.

Wonder how many people who had issue with Tua playing that last drive had no issue with him playing the 4th quarter against LSU while clearly limping. If he had re-injured his ankle, there's a valid argument on his playing at all. He was fine and looked great against State. Just horrendous luck

The only plausible scenario I can see with him returning doesn't necessarily include him playing, but being a student and continuing to work with Drs, trainers, etc that he's comfortable with during his rehab. I think there's a less than zero chance he ever suits up for Alabama again
and isn't his younger brother at Bama now too?

Ya people complaining about that are crazy

2 min drill practice in a live game situation is incredibly important

Fluke injury, no blame on anyone here, just horrible luck

Transfer city. Bammers, in no way is the little one the future right?

I said in the other thread that he is good, just not Tua good. Not many are, and the comparison is unfair to Lia. I do think Bryce Young has the higher ceiling, but Lia is a legit prospect

Back