An Ivy League fans - Pick 'Em League

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
I have decided to follow what I believe is my current calling and passion and that is Ivy League football both as a fan and as a handicapper.

I've toyed with this idea for a couple years now, but the way the sport is going and what I want and get out of the sport, this is the league and these are the teams for me. Next year I may actually start traveling to one Ivy game a year which would be a huge shift for me to actually miss other Saturday football games.

So I have been busy reading and learning about the Ivies and preparing myself. I started setting up kind of a preview of sorts at the end of last year and picked it up to finish this summer. Their week 1 is the rest of the nation's week 3.

I have plans to run a weekly all Ivy pick'em if there might be interest in that? Maybe like two or three of us can play along with that! It would be hosted by the officefootballpool.com site and I would eat the hosting fee.

I have decided to follow what I believe is my current calling and passion and that is Ivy League football both as a fan and as a handicapper.

I've toyed with this idea for a couple years now, but the way the sport is going and what I want and get out of the sport, this is the league and these are the teams for me. Next year I may actually start traveling to one Ivy game a year which would be a huge shift for me to actually miss other Saturday football games.

So I have been busy reading and learning about the Ivies and preparing myself. I started setting up kind of a preview of sorts at the end of last year and picked it up to finish this summer. Their week 1 is the rest of the nation's week 3.

I have plans to run a weekly all Ivy pick'em if there might be interest in that? Maybe like two or three of us can play along with that! It would be hosted by the officefootballpool.com site and I would eat the hosting fee.
I'm down.

I don’t follow Ivy League football very much but I am a huge fan of the basketball on Fridays.

With that being said I’m in.

Message me to join.

I set up the entire season and weekly selection of games. I will have to manually add the point spreads the week of the games.

Yes Bull follows some FCS and Ivy football. He was around last year, hopefully we'll see him again soon.

And how about MW, no wonder his memory is so good, he's Ivy League!

Last edited:
See if this works:

I set up the entire season and weekly selection of games. I will have to manually add the point spreads the week of the games.

Yes Bull follows some FCS and Ivy football. He was around last year, hopefully we'll see him again soon.

And how about MW, no wonder his memory is so good, he's Ivy League!
I’m in as Teapot9

Next week the Ivies kick off, so the pick'em will go live when I add the spreads.

I'm not quite sure when I should add the lines. The numbers that come out like Tuesday/Wednesday from 5dimes I can use those. Adjusted lines come out later in the week, sometimes not until Friday. That is too late. So I think I will just use the early lines and go from there with whatever they are they are.

Most of us like something to be on the line or some prize in playing stuff like this I know. I view it as an opportunity to gain some exposure to some teams and a competitive conference.

I'm going to message bull now, he would be perfect to play this.

Anyone else can sign up, message me if you are interested.

Next week the Ivies kick off, so the pick'em will go live when I add the spreads.

I'm not quite sure when I should add the lines. The numbers that come out like Tuesday/Wednesday from 5dimes I can use those. Adjusted lines come out later in the week, sometimes not until Friday. That is too late. So I think I will just use the early lines and go from there with whatever they are they are.

Most of us like something to be on the line or some prize in playing stuff like this I know. I view it as an opportunity to gain some exposure to some teams and a competitive conference.

I think this will be good to study these like you posted in another thread. Maybe we can get an edge on some lines.

Please tag me or message me, I always forget about these contests

I added point spreads and picks can be made. I'd like to add the spreads Wednesday evening, they have moved since the initial open on 5dimes, but have not moved any more since. I really do not want to wait until Friday or Saturday so we'll go with early spreads. Once they are posted in the pool I will not change them. If it turns out that Thursday is a more accurate time to post them, then next week and going forward that is what I will do. But as for now, week 1 of Ivy League football games are available to select! I don't think any of us will really have much of an idea if Stetson can cover or how many Columbia will win by, I mean, I'm going to try and figure that out - call it some good old fashion guesswork. Or maybe devise some kind of strategy and see how it plays out.

We have 5 signed up. I know this is really niche and mysterious, which is exacly why I like it! Thanks to those who signed up. Bull has not responded to me and he has not been active here for a bit. If anyone knows how to reach him please do. I will try and remember to send reminders. Tonight if I have time I'd like to have a thread previewing the Ivy and mabye make that a weekly thing.

Anyone else want to sign up let me know! First game is Friday night.

7 games today. Everyone lost last night, so get in now and you'll be even!

Back