American Football Week One

guaranteeed

Pretty much a regular
Baltimore/Denver o48 -103

waited too long to get it but I think both teams put up 24+ tonight

I like Denver's offense to move the ball in general, PM has always liked primetime games and he has a ton of weapons this year and is coming off a normal off-season and not 20 months off like last year

I think their defense struggles though, and the lack of an elite pass rush with no Dumervil or Miller (tonight) should give Flacco enough time to move the ball to Ray Rice

will add rest of the week alter

New Orleans/Atlanta o55 -105
Jacksonville +158
Chicago -3 ev
Green Bay +202
Green Bay +4.5 -104
Dallas -3 -116
Houston -4 -101
Philly +166

Should be a shootout in the dome, I think the crowd is going to be as loud as it was in a few years with Payton being back and Brees to have a big game, I don't expect the NO D to have a big game though, too much talent on the other side of the ball and the even a large improvement in the Saints D compared to last year still has them in the bottom 10 of the league, going up against a top 5 offense that added a huge upgrade at RB

Both teams play fast and both have the talent to put up 30+ here, I think we see early scores and then quick scoring drives all morning

Value play on Jacksonville here, I know the Chiefs are getting a lot of love but I watched Andy Reid mismanage in-game decisions as poor as anyone in football for the last decade, on the other side I watched the Seahawks defense under Gus Bradley turn in to one of the leagues best units and do it with an extreme level of confidence/energy that seems to come straight from the man himself (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130814/jacksonville-jaguars-gus-bradley/)

Also add in the fact that Bradley knows Alex Smith, and knows how to game plan for him, the talent on the two teams are different but Alex Smith hadn't thrown for over 180 yards vs a Bradley gameplan since 2010, it's also another brand new offense for Alex Smith and his only good seasons have come in the 2nd and 3rd years of Harbaugh's new scheme

Bears/Eagles are kind of based on the same scenario, Trestman was always a guy who has come up with interesting scheme's and unexpected play calling and I think he will have the league by surprise for at least the the first little while, the additions to the OL should help on their own but Trestman giving Cutler more quick dropback passing routes will really help them move the ball. Bengals defense is getting a lot of deserved hype, but the Bears was just as good last year and I don't trust Dalton to win a game against an elite D on the road yet

Eagles offense under Kelly is going to be a big adjustment for defenses and takes an underachieving team last year in Philly giving them new life and I think the Washington football team actually struggle a bit this year, if they want RGIII to pass more and not take as many bumps they needed to upgrade his receiving corps and it's another year with Morgan and Garcon as option 1 and 2

Dallas is a bet on the Cowboys offense which I believe is going to be great this year, with Dez's breakthrough in the 2nd half of last year as a legit guy it opens up more room for Witten/Austin as well, and for the Giants I think injuries just catch up to them here and cause them to get off to a slow start.

Eli has always been skittish if the OL didn't give him great pass protection and they have lost 2 starters on the OL this preseason, Dallas switch to a cover 2 should help limit big plays and with a knocked up OL Eli may be forced in to some mistakes here.

I think the Packers had this game circled before the schedule came out and it couldn't have happened at a better time for them in week 1, and they love that they are being overlooked this season as one of the big contenders in the NFC

Their offense moves up a level this year with Lacy as it should be more balanced and teams will at least need to respect the run going forward, the Belt should have an MVP level year

the Packers Defensive staff went to Texas A&M for help with the read option in the off season and there is all ready talk of them hitting Kap every time the 49ers run it (Harbaugh is all ready complaining) if they follow through with it, Harbaugh will have to change his focus as he can't be giving away free shots at his QB, and their offense (so thin at WR) becomes a lot less dangerous

only other possibility is Seattle is it drops below 3

I really enjoy it so much more when you give a reason for your bets,thats what makes CTG much better than other places where just Joe+5 GOY is a thread.
I hope your insight is rewarded,not all of it tho :P

GL Teed :shake:

Back