Amari to the Cowboys

Worth no more than a 3rd rounder considering:

1) He's a year and a half removed from performing like a first rounder
2) He's heading into his 5th year option next year.

That said, reports I've seen are that he still rates well on creating separation (which is why Dez was expendable) so with him and Gallup on the edges and Beasley working the middle, the offense is suddenly a little more attractive. Also puts Hurd in position as a #4 for four wides, which is much improved from Deonte Thompson.

Still missing TE talent though. Can someone tell Witten he stinks at broadcasting so he can come back to the field?

Well. now Prescott has them by the balls. Where exactly are the Cowboys (now) going to have any draft leverage re: a new QB?

Dak isn't going anywhere for awhile.

I'll give Jerry this: he's getting lower prices for younger WRs as he gets older. He traded two #1s for a 29 year old Joey Galloway in 2000. Then in 2008 he gave up a 1st and 3rd for a 27 year old Roy Williams. Now a first rounder for a 24 year old Amari. By 2026 he might have this trade thing down!

I'm not sold yet that Dak can't win in this league. He made a horrendous mistake in the 4th quarter yesterday then sucked it up and brought them to within a BS penalty and a doink from tying that game. Kid's a gamer and I like gamers until they prove they flat out suck. With the receiving corp he was dealt through week 7 I think he's the next to least of their problems, behind only Zeke.

WR needed to be addressed. TE is going to suffer. The next thing needed is a little more consistency on the Oline. Williams is struggling, Ty Smith looks old and Collins makes one big mistake every week. Looney has been better than expected replacing Frederick.

Cooper and Gallup might back the safeties up a step or two and that would help Zeke immensely. The bye week is here at just the right time.

With the way the D is playing this year I really don't mind the move other than the price. The D is playoff quality.

The real good news is for fantasy owners. Look at the WR points per game the Cowboys remaining opponents are giving up (40+ is bottom ten, 33 and less is stingy)

Ten - 36.9
Phi - 43
Atl - 43.6
Wash - 37
NO - 50.5
Wk 14 Phi - 43
Wk 15 Indy - 38
Wk 16 TB - 49.4

Only shutdown capable guys on this list are Norman w/ Washington and maybe Lattimore w/ NO (although John Brown just torched the Saints)

Cooper with more consistent targeting should be a Flex-worthy floor with solid WR 2 potential.

As a Raiders fan Im ecstatic with this news. Cooper is not worth anywhere near a 1st rounder. This is a complete win win, they were not gonna re sign the guy anyway when his contract was up.

Raider fan here. Cooper may just need a new team, get him going again. Cause when he's hot, he's unstoppable. Next up Carr, trade him to the NYG they need a QB...

Didn’t the Giants drafted Carr’s older brother a few years back?

The Texans drafted Carr as their first draft pick and he got just killed in Texas because their line was so bad.

Good old David Carr. Giants didnt draft him, but they had him for a few years. I believe he is a high school assistant coach now under his younger brother. I am sure the school would love to add Derek to their roster of coaches as well. Raiders would probably pay his salary at the school just to be rid of him

Its a win, i still believe in carr, i loved amaris first years, but when you see the last 2 years production you cant argue with a 2nd for him, let alone a 1st, which think ends up top 10

Woodson has said he thinks amari just doesn't have the killer instinct to be a 1, which lines up with what you see, if you put theilan or ABs desire and need to get the ball in him i think Amari is up there with the top 5 guys, physically its there, his route running is great

I wish him well, maybe a trade wakes him up, although its a serious downgrade at qb, but the talent is there for him to be a yearly 1200 10 td guy

On the raiders end, 3 first round picks, i think at least 2 top 10, maybe 3 top 18, really accelerates a rebuild, plus 2 firsts in 2019

My hope is we finish bad enough, probably a top 3 pick, someone a few picks back is willing to deal up for a qb and we can get another 1st and more

That being said, if gruden decides by end of this year carr isnt the guy

He csn trade him, or even if no one wants, they csn release him and the cap hit after 2018 would only be like 7m

Do think giants or jags would be all over it though

I don’t like the trade not the answer to there problems. It’s the play calling which has been awful no attack in them just a slow grind it out offense. Just a panic cause the redskins beat them

Maybe Del Rio wasn't all that bad of a coach. He had these guys playing well and Gruden has demolished a promising core.

Carr has not been the same since his injury a couple years back

Read an article today that that he has lost the locker room

Time for a new start for both

I guess coming from Alabama, Amari will find a way to cope with the culture down in Texas where they are not quite as welcoming of gays as they are in NW California. Hope he does well for the Cowboys but I am not sad as a Raider fan that he is gone. He disappointed, obviously.

Maybe Del Rio wasn't all that bad of a coach. He had these guys playing well and Gruden has demolished a promising core.

Playing well last year?

JDR a defensive guy and the defense was always bad

From what ive seen the raiders local guys write, gruden came in and was super underwhelmed when he saw the team in person, realized they needed a ton of talent to compete

They are lacking that talent cause of reggies drafts, just look at the last 5 drafts not counting this year which gruden ran and is looking solid

Outside the mack, carr, jackson draft every other one is pretty much a D at best

Of course last year was a disaster, but before that? They were a rising ball club not that long ago with a good core. I don't follow their drafts much so I'll take your word for it.

We all know with FA guys come and go so it's possible some of the role players or others that have departed in the last 2 years really do make that much of a difference, but the core guys were there not that long ago.

Here are the top 4 picks in those last 5 drafts i mentioned

Gareon Conley
Obi Melifonwu
Eddie Vanderdoes
David Sharpe

Karl Joseph
Jihad Ward
Shaq calhoun
Connor cook

Amari cooper
Mario edwards
Clive walford
Jon feliciano

Khalil mack
Derek carr
Gabe jackson
Justin ellis

Dj hayden
Menelik watson
Sio moore
Tyler wilson

People overrated the Raiders because of 2016 when they won 12 games. They won 12 with a lot of luck. There expected record that year was 8.5-7.5. They were really about league average.

I did think Carr was a good young QB though....not sure if that is true.

Here are the top 4 picks in those last 5 drafts i mentioned

Gareon Conley
Obi Melifonwu
Eddie Vanderdoes
David Sharpe

Karl Joseph
Jihad Ward
Shaq calhoun
Connor cook

Amari cooper
Mario edwards
Clive walford
Jon feliciano

Khalil mack
Derek carr
Gabe jackson
Justin ellis

Dj hayden
Menelik watson
Sio moore
Tyler wilson
Woof. Looks like those made up names you see when you play a dynasty setting on video games.

Great deal for the Raiders...finally a worthwhile return. Maybe with one of their first round picks they can draft someone who will become half as good as Mack...

Maybe Amari picks himself up in new location. Dak had good numbers before with more support around him, not just Beasley etc

I preferred David tbh

As did I.
It was pitiful what happened to that guy.
I hope he's rich until death. Anyone that is a human punching bag for what lies just beneath "killers", deserves something for the effort.
And I don't mean a suite in the stadium or season tickets.

I can live with Gruden trading Amari, he's just cleaning house now. I'll never get over letting Mack go though.

We got a bunch of first round draft picks. Can they find players that are worthy? Either way we're rebuilding and we're gonna be bad for a few years.

I can live with Gruden trading Amari, he's just cleaning house now. I'll never get over letting Mack go though.

We got a bunch of first round draft picks. Can they find players that are worthy? Either way we're rebuilding and we're gonna be bad for a few years.

Don't think that long to be honest, unless they move carr

plenty of cap room this summer, grudens whole argument with mack, was we can use that 25m on 3 or 4 very good starters on defense, which is better at this point for us than mack. Add amaris cap hit gone and this summer we will have

39m in cap space, and at least four top 40 draft picks. Should be improvements on starters at least on 7 or 8 positions.

Don't think that long to be honest, unless they move carr

plenty of cap room this summer, grudens whole argument with mack, was we can use that 25m on 3 or 4 very good starters on defense, which is better at this point for us than mack. Add amaris cap hit gone and this summer we will have

39m in cap space, and at least four top 40 draft picks. Should be improvements on starters at least on 7 or 8 positions.
I hope you're right. But as I watch them play the moral is low. Real low. And I don't think Oakland is an attractive place to come for free agents. The reason I say we'll be bad for a few years is those rookies won't produce right away. It'll take time unless we get lucky.

The draft is gonna be huge. We'll see how it goes. Time will tell.

I hope you're right. But as I watch them play the moral is low. Real low. And I don't think Oakland is an attractive place to come for free agents. The reason I say we'll be bad for a few years is those rookies won't produce right away. It'll take time unless we get lucky.

The draft is gonna be huge. We'll see how it goes. Time will tell.
At this point FA's aren't really thinking about Oakland. They are going to be looking ahead to Vegas and no state income tax. That amounts to a 5-12% raise depending on other states.

At this point FA's aren't really thinking about Oakland. They are going to be looking ahead to Vegas and no state income tax. That amounts to a 5-12% raise depending on other states.
When I say Oakland, I meant the Raiders. But point well taken.

Free agents go anywhere, basically outside of vets at the tail end who want to win and sign with the pats etc.

Its almost alwaya the money

That said, reports I've seen are that he still rates well on creating separation (which is why Dez was expendable) so with him and Gallup on the edges and Beasley working the middle, the offense is suddenly a little more attractive. Also puts Hurd in position as a #4 for four wides, which is much improved from Deonte Thompson.

Still missing TE talent though. Can someone tell Witten he stinks at broadcasting so he can come back to the field?

Getting separation doesn’t seem to be his problem, actually catching the ball is where he fails miserably. Kinda a big deal for a guy who’s only real job is to catch!!

What I don’t understand is couldn’t dallas have drafted Ridley and passed on the chance? Why in the world would you rather have Amari who almost done w his rookie contract over Ridley? Imo Ridley better route runner and doesn’t seem to have hands of stone like cooper.

With that said other than overpaying it obviously a good move for dallas right this minute. Nfc least is up for grabs and they had no chance without a weapon on the outside. The guy Certainly still has the ability to be a difference maker, even if he continues being blah he still someone defenses have to respect so it should give Zeke and dak more room to operate. Just don’t understand how in the hell boys came into the season thinking they were ok on the outside??

Oh and 1 more thing. Didn’t the pats get josh Gordon for a 5th rounder??!?!?? Of course he wouldn’t have stood a chance to remain clean in dallas but just thinking about the absolute best from both players I’d take Gordon every day of the week!!

Not a big Vander Esch fan myself but there are personnel types that seem to really like him. They needed insurance against the usual Sean Lee absence (which has happened as expected). I don't think Ridley is all that much better than Gallup. But in reality the team needed to acquire TWO WR talents in the offseason, as T Williams has never been a good #2 guy.....if they drafted Ridley they're not drafting Gallup, so you're still basically in the same place pre-Cooper, with Ridley and Hurd instead of Gallup and Hurd. Hurd has been totally underwhelming and is the real mistake they're trying to correct.

As far as Gordon, yeah no way he's staying clean in Dallas. Guy could barely survive Cleveland.

I guess coming from Alabama, Amari will find a way to cope with the culture down in Texas where they are not quite as welcoming of gays as they are in NW California. Hope he does well for the Cowboys but I am not sad as a Raider fan that he is gone. He disappointed, obviously.

I was wrong too. Not wrong in that I am still glad he is not a Raider but it looks like he is being accepted down there.

Back