Amare as a Knick

Yeah. That was a complete dumpster fire. It was interesting to watch how a successful player in Phoenix went to NY to watch his career fade.

I wonder what his contract will be like with his next team. How big of a pay cut.

He had a mini-good run at the start with them, then Melo came and it was totally done(plus the injuries).

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the Melo hype. He seems more of a cancer to a team than anything. Not nearly worth the cost to get his "offensive ability". NYK would have been better off with a sign and trade for a couple draft picks a solid prospet or two.

No one came close to offering Amare 100 million. Only the Knicks. That's bc they were the only one w an incompetent front office/owner that didn't do their job. They could've found out, like every other team knew, that his knees/back/body were shot and had a shelf life of one or two years at best. His first year was fun, gave false hope, but most knew it wouldn't last. Especially with the inevitable return of Melo

now somewhat same thing w Melo. They gave him a ton of money in the decline in his career. He obviously doesn't care about winning, he would've gone elsewhere if he did. He made enough and would've made plenty more had he gone somewhere else. By staying w the Knicks he gets more money, doesn't have to put forth much effort (if he went to a winner, he would have to work and play defense) and can just coast to the end of his career.

I hate James Dolan

As a Suns fan the only victories we've really celebrated the last 5 years have been not re-signing Amare and getting a load for Nash

It's the small victories that count

I haven't been able to watch the Knicks since David Lee was around, and even that was mostly ugly. Knicks tried to be like the Yankees, but did it worse.

Back