Am I the only one who can't win a bowl game?

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
This has officially become ridiculous.

Look at this card:

Florida Atlantic - W
Boise St./ECU over - W
Cincy -10 - push
BYU -6 - L
ASU ML - L
Boston College -3 - push
Air Force spread/ML - L
South Florida -6 - L
Colorado ML - L
Indiana spread/ML - L
Kentucky -7 - push
Arkansas spread/ML - L
Florida/Michigan over - W
USC -13 - W
Hawaii +9 (small) - L
OU -7 - L
VaTech - pending, but losing

What the holy f**k.

4-9-3 looking at 4-10-3.

Are you f**king kidding me?

Ugh.

Feel free to join in if you need to vent.

Oh, and before you ask, I'm on the Ohio St. ML.

Its been one of those bowl years man. I just lost the last 2 in what looked like solid teams but they crapped out. I think you do better with a coin flip rather than logic. Streaks come and go. You'll bounce back.

Had you been coaching vt tonight instead of beamer you likely win that bet. just run the ball please.

Some friends asked me who would win and I said "Kansas". They asked me why and I said, "Because I think Va Tech will win."

Some friends asked me who would win and I said "Kansas". They asked me why and I said, "Because I think Va Tech will win."

Love that line. :cheers: Thats how I've felt lately. Same thing on the big one. I lean heavily LSU so you know what that means. I might get talked out of it but it better be good. hehe

This happens to me though, and every time it does I want to beat myself over the head.

Many of these plays were coattails. That Michigan/Florida over was all Carolina Blue (though I had the 2nd half over in that which was me). Some of those others, well, many of them came from me jumping on others who felt really strongly one way or another.

This is the thing I both love and hate about jumping on board with somebody else. When you win it feels like free money, when you lose you kick yourself because you didn't have a feeling yourself about the game one way or another.

Granted, I'm not off the hook, obviously I bet them, but some of them--OU, Arkansas, and others, I was already leaning on and people just tipped me over. Still . . . ack.

This is the thing I both love and hate about jumping on board with somebody else. When you win it feels like free money, when you lose you kick yourself because you didn't have a feeling yourself about the game one way or another.

Granted, I'm not off the hook, obviously I bet them, but some of them--OU, Arkansas, and others, I was already leaning on and people just tipped me over. Still . . . ack.

The thing is, you coat tail because they had valid points. And on many occasions the teams should have won but choked in one way or another. Gambling is a funny business and in no way will anyone ever pick all the right sides. If there was a science to that more of us would be richer and certainly not spending this much time in front of my computer at home. :3_8_14: All we can do is the best we can with the information given.

Had you been coaching vt tonight instead of beamer you likely win that bet. just run the ball please.

Moose Johnson and Barry Alvarez were on this point all night - although they were much more diplomatic than I would have been.............Just horrible coaching....And I was on both Stoops and Beamer.....Prior to the last 2 bowls, I was having a great run...These two losses were hard to take.....

I'm getting the feeling I'm glad I didn't watch this game tonight.

I watched OU last night and that was hard enough.

Almost as painful as watching Air Force throw up a 21 point lead to not even cover. Or Hawaii literally lose the game before their third series of the contest.

Also, good points, Shark.

What I will say is that I'm not ready to commit hari kari at this point.

The reason my above record feels worse is that there have been other losses in there as well--and other pushes. And pushes are better than losses, but they're not wins. A couple of bad hockey losses, including another tonight.

But to your point, it's not as if I've flat out had the wrong team--other than Hawaii, or Arkansas, etc.

It'll turn around. It would just be better sooner than later. And I think I'm more despondent than anything because this bowl run guarantees me a losing year in football.

you think you are despondent ???? That was my last bet of the cfb year. I am all but crying like i play fullback for west virginia.

I dont post much but I saw this and wanted to add my sorry ass record this year in the BOWLS

12-20 NAVY+8 (3 UNITS) = W
12-21 FL.ATL-2.5W
12-22 NEWMEX-3,W BYU -6 (3 UNITS)
L
12-23 E.CAROLINA+10 (3 UNITS)W
12-26 C.Mich/Purdue under 71
L
12-28 BC -4.5 (3 units)L
12-29 UCF -3,L Wake-2
W
12-31 CLEMSON-1.5L, S.FLA-6.5L, FL.ST./KENTUCKY UNDER 55.5L
1-1 ARKANSAS+3,L FLORIDA-9.5L
1-2 OKLAHOMA-6.5L
1-3 Virg Tech -3L

5-11 & lost a shit load of friends (until COLLEGE HOOPS kicks in)

Back