All Star Game

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Didnt bother starting a thread for the early events of this weekend just chimed in on Believe and abcs threads. So far managed to hit Sophs , 1st H over in Sophs game , Kapono and Gerald Green (netting about +12 units). So very good for simply guessing who looks like the best chance ...

Today looking back at the post break AS games we can see the games the East won were lower scoring and the games the West won were higher scoring.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 ?><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="6%">Year</TD><TD class=datahl2b colSpan=2>Winning Team </TD><TD class=datahl2b width="24%" colSpan=2>Losing Team </TD><TD class=datahl2b width="37%">MVP</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">Team</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2006</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>122</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>West</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>120</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>LeBron James

</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>East

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2005</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>125</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>West</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>115</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>Allen Iverson

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2004</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>West</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>136</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>132</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>Shaquille O'Neal

</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>West

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2003</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>West (OT)</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>155</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>145</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>Kevin Garnett

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2002</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>West</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>135</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>120</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>Kobe Bryant

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2001</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>111</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>West</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>110</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>Allen Iverson

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 vAlign=top>2000</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>West</TD><TD class=datacellb vAlign=top>137</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>East</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>126</TD><TD class=datacell vAlign=top>Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

West
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The talent disparity is such that I like the East starting 5 but the Western Conference Bench is sick. Which leads me to believe they are gonna win. Especially since I think alot of the East guys could be distracted by the bright lights of Vegas. I think Wade , LeBron , Bosh are more excited then say Kobe , TMac and Duncan....the Arenas vs Kobe angle heats up again. When you can bring Amare , Diggler , Ray Allen and Melo off the BENCH you have a huge edge. Maybe guys like Joe Johnson , Caron Butler , Billups and such will show they are not just STARS but SUPERSTARS...but I dont think so...

With Wade and King James being fierce competitors I will sit out the 1st Half and wait to see if there is any value on the WEST in the 2nd H or even the East for that matter if its a retake of the Rooks & Sophs (which it wont be but u never know).

Plays:
Over 256 {6units}

Really what put me over the edge here was the high scoring games we have already seen in the NBA. The one difference is alot of those games get there cause of FTs but Memphis and Pho have shown what a team can do my pushing the pace....

Enjoy and BOL.....

Last edited:
not only that but the same mindset on this one, no FTs being the only "cons", and the series of high scoring games this season affecting the bet, I see both teams going into the 130s.

Thanks Trout. Hear ya being an East Coast guy I would rather we win but not sure we can here . GL

Thanks Believe . BOL

Satyr you probably got 255 then..?? Should have done it yesterday myself. I guess canceling out the FT attempts is the fact you want to put on a show the entire nite and the only way to do that is fast tempo. Pretty comfortable with the WEST at 135 ish so East only need to crack 120;s then...which I foresee....

I hope the East suprises me.....GL

I dont bet this show, but I have some leans too.

Dwight Howard MVP of game lol

Howard vs Marion -1st half fireworks pts+rebs made , Pick : The Beast at Greek

Player to make the 1st 3 pt shot in the game , Pick : Arenas at Greek

Enjoy !

Props:

Most points :
Wade +280
Field +350

Most assists:
Kobe +250
Field +350 (?)maybe
Parker +325

Most rebounds:
KG +300
Field +400

MVP:
Kobe +500
Melo +900

This is what I will be on but shopping the numbers...

I dont bet this show, but I have some leans too.

Dwight Howard MVP of game lol

Howard vs Marion -1st half fireworks pts+rebs made , Pick : The Beast at Greek

Player to make the 1st 3 pt shot in the game , Pick : Arenas at Greek

Enjoy !

BOL...you have to be different here..

I am only betting on/watching this game for the prop opportunities. I've been taking a look at these:

MVP:
Bosh @ +1200
Wade @ +700
Arenas @ +1100

H2H:
Melo over Carter -1/2 @ -125 (just because I cannot stand Carter)
Bosh scores before Dirk @ +115

Team scoring:
West scores first @ -115
West scores 15+ first @ -125

Should be fun, GL with your plays!

Thanks Steed. Same to you and the EASTERN CONFERENCE!

Good Luck affinity....should be interesting. Mty feeling is the MVP Prop is the toughest.

Been looking at the NCAA schedule so much I forgot to post that I had changed my mind on the 1st H total play . Seemed odd there was such heavy under money coming in so I passed...BOL all!

Changed to WEST -4.5 {3units} instead of the 1st H Over....GL

Last minute change 5 UNITS on the WEST

Last edited:
smh at chauncey thinking he is running the Ston's offense, why are you slowing it down? Way too many jumpers this game

cant complain about 39-31 after 1st Q..like u said were shit going on...but the fcat they are not contesting anything near the hoop is helping greatly...its AS game but I cant believe they are just letting guys score in the post....

I am still think Melo needs to win the MVP to repair his image. Not to mention his long overdue 1st All Star game..hard to really even say who has a shot till halftime

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't soft, loose rims actually be advantageous for shooting? Its hard rims with no give where the ball can easily bounce right out.

Your right. Tight rims suck cause the ball does bounce out unless its spot on. I didnt mean soft rims but more like loose rims. They seem to be very clanky sounding ...soft rims give nice bounces.....who knows I am retard right now I cant even explain what I am trying to say....yes soft rims are better then hard rims for shooting....I dont know what to call these rims...cheap?? LOL...in all seriousness I really cant explain it....they dont look hard but the ball is sort of atcing like as if they are....dont mind me I havent sleep much this weekend..

haha, i think its just that the mikes on the rims are turned up real loud so everything sounds like a clank. Over and West looking solid. GL.

That could be it.....Thank didnt occur to me...

Think what I was trying to get at is a soft rim has some give. Enough that if you have some touch on your shot ur gonna get some rolls....Here ir seemed/s sounded like there was just to much give. But now looking I do some shots that look they are hitting a tight rim.....

Like I said dont mind me I am retard...I only play basketball 3 or so times a week....why should I know...(LOL)

Not liking this quarter. The east looks completely lost. Shooting all long two pointers, instead of taking the layups and dunks.

I think a little part of Kevin Garnett dies when he plays with quality teammates. McHale has to do the right thing and trade this man to a contender - he deserves it

With the east down by 20, Wade and the boys might actually play some D in the 2H to try to make a comeback which would of course suck

that would suck of course, I hoped they could keep the deficit around 10 at HT but they didn't.

Back