All Star Break = TRADE TIME!

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
In my 12 team keeper league that Santa and Yanks are in I was just able to get...

1. Hanley Ramirez for Stephen Drew, Alex Gordon, Scott Kazmir, and Chris Tillman

&

2. Joey Votto, a top 12 pick in '09 entry draft (ie college/high school kids), and a 3rd round MLB pick in 2010 for Mariano Rivera

Kind of decided my team was done in terms of competing this season and wanted to build a bit more for the future... Plus only allowed to keep 8 players a year and I had about 12-14 that were possible keepers.

Now, pending more trades, I need to figure out which 8 of these to keep...

Keep 8 Only (yahoo overall ranking to right of player)<o>
</o>
Alex Rodriguez 1
Miguel Cabrera 11<o></o>
Carl Crawford 12
Ichiro Suzuki 21<o></o>
Brian Roberts 27
Brandon Webb 32
Vlad Guerrero 38
Derek Jeter 44
John Lackey 50
Adrian Gonzalez 68
Victor Martinez 84
Juan Pierre 88
Trevor Hoffman 98
Justin Verlander 108
Todd Jones 112
Ramon Hernandez
<o></o>
Free Keepers Through 2009<o></o>
Hanley Ramirez
<o></o>
Free Keepers Through 2010<o></o>
Jon Papelbon <o></o>
Andrew Miller<o></o>
Rich Hill<o></o>
<o></o>
Free Keepers Through 2011<o></o>
Kurt Suzuki
Hunter Pence
Jay Bruce<o></o>
Joey Devine
Joey Votto
<o></o>

Free Keepers Through 2012<o></o>
Chris Davis
Clay Bucholz <o></o>
Franklin Morales<o></o>
Homer Bailey

Free Keepers Through 2013+
Brett Anderson
Nick Adenhart
Carlos Carrasco
Scott Elbert
Shooter Hunt
Jake Ordorrizzi <o></o>
Bryan Anderson
Tim Beckham
Kyle Skipworth <o></o>
Tyler Ladendorf<o></o>
Todd Frazier
Ben Revere

If anyone has any suggestions on other players to go get I'd love to hear what you think I should offer for them...

Here's a better look at things. I'm only able to keep 8 guys who don't have G's next to them for next season. Pitching will be my weak point, but I do get Bucholz for next season as well. Going through the top players Pujols, Utley, Wright aren't available. Holliday doesn't do anything for me. Santana I can't get. Reyes doesn't work for me...

12 Team - 5x5 roto - 8 keepers + exceptions (G)
Major League Team
C Victor Martinez, Ramon Hernandez, Kurt Suzuki(G)
1B Miguel Cabrera, Adrian Gonzalez, Chris Davis(G), Joey Votto(G)
2B Brian Roberts
SS Hanley Ramirez(G), Derek Jeter
3rd Alex Rodriguez
OF Carl Crawford, Ichiro Suzuki, Vlad Guerrero, Hunter Pence(G)

SP Brandon Webb, John Lackey, Justin Verlander, Aaron Cook, Rich Hill(G), Andrew Miller(G)
RP Jon Papelbon(G), Trevor Hoffman, Todd Jones, Joey Devine(G)

Minor League Roster (All G's)
Pitching: Clay Bucholz, Homer Bailey, Nick Adenhart, Franklin Morales, Carlos Carrasco, Brett Anderson, Scott Elbert, Shooter Hunt, Jake Ordorriz, James McDonald, Jake Arrieta - Hitting: Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier, Ben Revere, Bryan Anderson, Tim Beckham, Kyle Skipworth, Tyler Ladendorf

weak pitching and injuries.

arod, lackey hurt for a long time. verlander, cabrera shit for most of season. vlad, jeter shit early.

could you go after another stand out closer. screw hoffman and jones

The 3 teams in the standings above me have 19 of the closers. I have 3 of them... The other 8 teams have 8 closers combined. A couple teams traded away all their good major league players for prospects think Roy Halladay for Travis Snider and Angel Villalona or Lance Berkman for prospects. Then the teams ahead of me got lucky with the draft/early pick ups and have Volquez, Cliff lee, Ervin Santana, Josh Hamilton, Milton Bradley's of the world.

I was in last place most of the season until June where I moved up about 6th and I've fought my way up to 4th. Over the last 3 weeks of the season I'm getting a bigger and bigger gap between me and the other teams in front of me in almost all the offensive categories and that's with my team HOT. I may be able to compete a bit more getting HanRam, but wasn't getting any production from my catcher spot with VMart and I'm just so far behind I may go into tank mode to get a better draft pick spot next season and gear up from players I can keep regardless of position.

weak pitching and injuries.

arod, lackey hurt for a long time. verlander, cabrera shit for most of season. vlad, jeter shit early.

Trade for Ichiro, Webb, Miggy in June... Had Tulo, Delmon Young, Scott Kazmir also not performing to that point besides the guys you named. Crawford has been up and down as well. Hunter Pence not living up to hype, was rotating outfielders and seemed to always have the "wrong" one in and missed out on the stats.

right now, i'd keep: arod, mcab, agonz, crawford, webb, lackey, verlander, ichiro/vmart

i'd try to trade for the following:

trade bait: agonz (depth at 1b), vlad (old), jeter (old), cook (sell high)

-upgrade at 2b - maybe target upton as i think you can buy low on him with his low power output up to this point....you have so much speed with hanram, crawford, and maybe ichiro, that i'd shoot for some power at this position...uggla could be decent option too

- upgrade in OF - think vlad is on the decline, and not sold on pence (too much of a free swinger) so maybe go after a guy like markakis/hart that can contribute in all 5 categories.....you also could use a bigtime power guy like your boy braun, but he might be unattainable....you could also buy low on a guy like rios

- another stud young starter - guys that come to mind are felix, hamels, lincecum, danks.....more affordable: billingsley, baker, liriano, wainwright

- young closer / closer in waiting - soria, wilson, casey weathers, marmol

just some thoughts.....i think you have a solid team in the making with some valuable trades pieces...i think agonz is an obvious sell with his value high and good depth with miggy, davis and votto behind him

Back