All right, all right, here's what I'm betting

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Not that you care.

But I feel sort of like a jerk for not posting what I'm on when everybody else is.

Here's what I'm on tomorrow.

Chicago -12
Arizona +3/ML split
Cincy -6.5 (I'll explain)
Green Bay ML (+128)
NO -3 (-130)
SD +4/ML - 1 unit each

**** adding ****

Detroit -3 (Ghost & BAR pushed me over the top on it)

Here's the short version:

I think Chicago's offense is actually better than people think. Let me rephrase, I think Chicago's offense is good enough to put up 28 on a team with basically no corners and a shoddy defense. I have trouble seeing KC get to 14.

Arizona, the only reason I'm not betting this more is because their starting center is out. Realize, this is one half of the coaching staff that out-coached the Seahawks in the SB like 18 months ago. Home opener, I like the redbirds.

GB is strictly a value play. This team should not be +128 vs. a team with no defense right now and no running back.

Cincy. I never bet against the Browns or the Eagles. Well, almost never. When one of these teams is extremely bad, I consider it. Also, occasionally I have a feeling on a game and I have to play it. I don't want it to be on this game, but I'm not going to deny it. If Quinn comes in and beats me late, fine, but I have to play this. I'm sorry, Brownies.

I hate betting on bad coaches, but SD travels well to NE. Revenge game, big revenge game. Chargers win unless Norv f**ks it up somehow.

NO makes a bad TB team pay off 10 days rest.

There are also some sort of weird, random parlays in there for fun, too.

Good luck tomorrow, everybody.

Last edited:
Thanks, man. You know, I can't say I really like them either way, I just think this ML is off.

Whether Eli is playing or not, he's nowhere close to 100%, around a PK was the right line. GB may screw the pooch, but where this line has gone removes the value from NY in my opinion.

like everything on your card but packers. and no that has nothing to do with me being from illinois :)

well.. we agree on CHI.. but other than that, I think one of us is going to have a long day.. and no hard feelings Joe... but I hope it aint me... haha.

Hey GL today Joe,

I'm with you on AZ and the Under in NE -
One thing about the Giants - Ward, the RB for them now is, imo, going to perform as good if not better than Jacobs would have. Unfortunately, they are still going to lose today - Favre is gonna feel like he's throwing against a pee-wee league...

Against you on Chi, Cincy today. Not sure on others just yet.

GL on all the plays though..

Not that you care.

But I feel sort of like a jerk for not posting what I'm on when everybody else is.

Chicago -12
Arizona +3/ML split
Green Bay ML (+128)
NO -3 (-130)
SD +4/ML - 1 unit each

I think Chicago's offense is actually better than people think. Let me rephrase, I think Chicago's offense is good enough to put up 28 on a team with basically no corners and a shoddy defense. I have trouble seeing KC get to 14.

Arizona, the only reason I'm not betting this more is because their starting center is out. Realize, this is one half of the coaching staff that out-coached the Seahawks in the SB like 18 months ago. Home opener, I like the redbirds.

GB is strictly a value play. This team should not be +128 vs. a team with no defense right now and no running back.

Cincy. I never bet against the Browns or the Eagles. Well, almost never. When one of these teams is extremely bad, I consider it. Also, occasionally I have a feeling on a game and I have to play it. I don't want it to be on this game, but I'm not going to deny it. If Quinn comes in and beats me late, fine, but I have to play this. I'm sorry, Brownies.

I hate betting on bad coaches, but SD travels well to NE. Revenge game, big revenge game. Chargers win unless Norv f**ks it up somehow.

GL today Joe, though I couldn't disagree more with the Arizona coaching staff statement.

IMO, the Superbowl was evenly matched in coaching. The zebras were the deciding factor in the game...not the players, or the playcalling.

Also, Zona's passing attack looked very shaky last week (much moreso than Seattle's). On top of that, do you really expect Zona to come firing out on all cylinders after dropping that tough, divisional game in the final minute to SF last week? Kind of demoralizing, if you ask me.

Aside from losing Tubbs, the SEA defense is better than last year, IMO. More fundamentally sound safeties in Russell and Grant (Hamlin and Boulware were often out of position), and the linebackers have all been together for over 1 year now. Over the past 5 years or so, SEA hasn't covered on the road, because they've been favored by 6+ points just about every week.

Good luck Joe, I am only on the other side of AZ. Seattle is a very good team in that conference and AZ still has issues on the offensive line which cripple the potential of very good skill players. :cheers:

Thanks guys.

I knew that there would be some strong opinions on Seattle. I've seen them around all week and it wouldn't shock me if they did win this game. I'm not sure if Arizona has ever beaten Seattle since they realigned the divisions.

But I think it happens here. I think this coaching staff focuses this team on the next phase in their development, and that's to win a game like this, at home, to start the season. I wasn't impressed with their passing last week, but was impressed by their running, and that's what I think gets them by here.

Not that you care.

Chicago -12
Arizona +3/ML split
Green Bay ML (+128)
NO -3 (-130)
SD +4/ML - 1 unit each

**** adding ****

Detroit -3 (Ghost & BAR pushed me over the top on it)

Joe like your picks on Chicago ,I live in chicago so i try to never play them but probably will since its 3 oclock start,I like Benson -pederson to have big game,Not making rex throw too much ,Im on AZ with ya for reasons you posted and then some.I got GB early in week @+2 thinking eli wasnt gonna play,But didnt really care if he did or didnt ,I look for Farve to have a HUGE GAME!! against what might be the worst Secondary in league,So ill be playing more on GB after posting here.I like S.D. for revenge too ,but Tomlison has a big game as well,Plus there D looked very good .Love the Lions they win in a laugher.The rest are no plays for me BOL today

The following phrase should be read in a strange Eastern European accent:

Tonight I am filled with, the shame.

Ugh. Nice effort, San Diego. You could have really helped a Joe after a a day that left me feeling like one of those chicks in a Masengil ad, just not very fresh.

Sometimes you get in that place where you're trying to be too smart for your own good. Either that or a team mails it in on you, like the Browns last week and now SD this week.

But I'm not going to make excuses or complain about their lack of preparation, they just got whipped by a better team. So much for that.

2-4-1
(no thanks to you, too, Chicago).

I must do better.

Though I will say, this backs up my problems with posting a record. I have a couple of ML parlays pending with the last leg being the Eagles tomorrow night. If they win I'm actually a little up on the weekend.

But I never post parlays (because I just do those for fun and wouldn't want people, for whatever reason, tailing them because that's bad money management), and I very rarely post 2nd half plays either, so a posted record for me ends up being somewhat worthless.

That said, I'm certainly not happy with 2-4-1 on posted plays on the day.

Go Eagles.

Det was a tough push as well. Kitna had no problem being active on sideline for 1.5 quarters then coming back in. After a shaky start against run game Detroit dominated defensively(yes..I said it). With Kitna in game Minny couldn't stop Detroit from piling up first downs.

Next week in Philly..heres the key...screen passes. Westbrook will have a huge day in that regard. Mewelde Moore and Lamont Jordan have feasted on that vs Lions so far.

Back