ALL ABOARD the lindetrain - Week 8

lindetrain

Pretty much a regular
Week 7: 4-7, -1.71 units
YTD: 43-40-1, +4.08 units

I am just now starting to comprehend what took place yesterday...it nearly brings me to tears thinking the Cats just beat the #1 team in the nation. I've been a fan since I was old enough to care, and have always loved UK football far more than basketball, despite the misery it usually puts me through. That win is something I'll remember and will be able to share for years to come.

Ended up getting killed on my other bets, but honestly, I don't really care - I got everything I truly wanted yesterday.

South Florida (-1.5) at Rutgers
Utah (+7.5) at TCU
Northwestern (-9) vs Eastern Michigan
Louisville (-1.5) at Connecticut
Buffalo (+3) at Syracuse
Miami OH (-4.5) at Temple
Mississippi State (+23.5) at West Virginia
Penn State (-7) at Indiana
Central Michigan (+16.5) at Clemson
Northern Illinois (+24) at Wisconsin
Arkansas (-3.5) at Ole Miss
Vanderbilt (+12) at South Carolina
Wake Forest (-3.5) at Navy
Army (+25) at Georgia Tech
Wyoming (-0.5) at Air Force
Ball State (-0.5) at Western Michigan
Kansas (-2) at Colorado
Memphis (+0.5) at Rice
Tulane (+9) at SMU
Tennessee (+3) at Alabama
Texas A&M (PK) at Nebraska
Oklahoma (-25) at Iowa State
Texas Tech (+4.5) at Missouri
USC (-22) at Notre Dame
Miami (+4.5) at Florida State
Oregon (-7) at Washington
Michigan State (+15.5) at Ohio State
Virginia (+2) at Maryland
Bowling Green (+8) at Kent State
Tulsa (+3.5) at Central Florida
NC State (+7) at East Carolina
Stanford (+11) at Arizona
San Jose State (+10.5) at Fresno State
Houston (-12) at UAB
Florida (-3.5) at Kentucky
Iowa (+5) at Purdue
Ohio (+2) at Toledo
Texas (-20.5) at Baylor
Kansas State (+2.5) at Oklahoma State
Cincinnati (-9) at Pittsburgh
Michigan (-1.5) at Illinois
Idaho (+10) at New Mexico State
Auburn (+13) at LSU
New Mexico (-8.5) at San Diego State
Colorado State (+3.5) at UNLV
North Texas (+18.5) at Troy
Arkansas State (+2) at Middle Tennessee
Florida Atlantic (-7) at UL Lafayette
Florida International (+10) at UL Monroe
Southern Miss (-5.5) at Marshall

Congrats on a great win and a great call on Kentucky linde. GL this week.

Up top, you have Northwestern @ EMU, but that game is being played at a neutral field in Detroit.

you guys got any magic left? You could eliminate UF from the SEC-East this wkend and that would be greatly appreciated!

Initial thoughts:

The only play I know I'll be on so far is UConn...I'm just trying to decide if I wanna take the points or play the ML. Nice little win for Louisville last week which sets them up for big trouble here, as they go up to UConn to play a team who they've had no problem with the last couple years and is much better than they'll give them credit for. The Huskies are playing what is arguably their biggest game in years, on national television with a chance to gain bowl eligibility with a win. They really held their own at UVA last week in what I thought was a bad spot, and nearly pulled out the win. Their running game is pretty strong, their defense is solid, and I think Lorenzen is a more than capable QB - they should have some success moving the ball on that horrendous U of L defense. This is a big letdown spot for the Cards as they think their worst days are now behind them after the win over Cincy.

Buffalo has been absolutely killing it the last couple weeks, and you have to think they're worthy of consideration against the Cuse here. This is a big game for them as far as bragging rights are concerned, as they have a chance to beat the big conference school in upstate NY as an up-and-coming program. Their offense (mostly the running game) has really come around as of late and shouldn't have many problems against that swiss cheese Cuse D. I'm pretty sure they're the better team, and considering they come into this game with more motivation I think this could be a decent play.

I might end up giving Wyoming a shot at Air Force. The Cowboys were really playing well before that shitty performance against UNM last week - they were arguably the 2nd best team in the conference before that. AFA is clicking on all cylinders, but I'm convinced Wyoming is the better team and comes into this game with a lot more to play for, as they're coming off an embarrassing loss and the Falcons are coming off a blowout win over their in-state rivals. Be sure to take note of their 16th ranked rush defense - and they've played teams who like to run the ball in UVA, Boise, and TCU.

Colorado is very interesting. As Garfather once said, I'm a big fan of Mangino in spite of his eating habits, and I really like what KU is doing this year - but this game spells trouble. The Buffs got hammered in a bad spot last week, but they were killing it before that; their defense has looked pretty strong at times and they can really move the ball on the ground. I think KU got their statement win a couple weeks ago in Manhattan, and I know this game doesn't mean near as much to them as that one did.

Miami and FSU both suck dick, but I still want to bet on this game - taking the dog, that is. The Canes have not looked good the last few weeks, but I really like Shannon and I think he can get this team motivated to avenge last year's home loss to the Noles. FSU is still a mess on offense, and it's hard to think they're playing well enough to spank Miami here. Yet another situation where I think the game means more to the dog.

That's all for now...

Colorado +4.5

Remember all those stats people were throwing out there about how bad Kansas was on the road under Mangino back when they were about to play KSU? Yeah, I ignored them then, but I won't again...

Great win for UK and congrats to a lifelong fan. I can appreciate how you feel! GL this week!

It pains me to admit it, but you called it from the start of the season, and I must give credit where credit is due: congratulations on calling the UK upset of LSU. I'm a Wildcats fan this weekend. Tea bag Tebow!

Also, I really like the Colorado +4.5 pick, I was eying that line yesterday, so it is nice to see you on it.

It pains me to admit it, but you called it from the start of the season, and I must give credit where credit is due: congratulations on calling the UK upset of LSU. I'm a Wildcats fan this weekend. Tea bag Tebow!

Also, I really like the Colorado +4.5 pick, I was eying that line yesterday, so it is nice to see you on it.

Thanks BC...someone gave me hell for it during the summer at the other place (called me out in more than one thread for it), and has yet to come in and tell me nice call. I appreciate it.

:cheers:

A part of me would love to play LSU again (to be in the SEC title game), and a part of me would hate it (because I think we'd be in trouble)...

Notre Dame +18 (-109)
Nevada -7 (+100)

Call me a square, whatever...but I completely agree with another respected capper in regards to the Nevada game. I would consider this a letdown if Nevada had actually beaten Boise or had a better record than 2-4; but the fact of the matter is, they need this one bad. They've got a stretch of winnable games starting with this one, and have a great opportunity to take advantage of it as they're really starting to come into form. Ault is obviously a great coach to have on the sidelines and I'm sure he'll have these kids ready to take care of a business in game where they absolutely must. If you are a bit weary of laying road chalk here, just take a look at how the Wolfpack did in their winnable road games last year - they crushed the opposition. Obviously not the same team, but they still understand the concept of winning on the road.

Vanderbilt +13.5 (-103)
Vanderbilt ML (+415) - 0.24 units

Updated card:

Connecticut +3 (+106)
Northwestern -0.5 / Illinois +11.5 / LSU -1.5 (-105)
Vanderbilt +13.5 (-103)
Vanderbilt ML (+415) - 0.24 units
Nevada -7 (+100)
Miami +6 (-109)
Notre Dame +18 (-109)
Colorado +4.5 (-110)

Mississippi State +24.5 (-111)
Mississippi State ML (+1450) - 0.25 units

Last time I took a chance on the ML with an underdog this big was Ball State at Nebraska...

Always like to hit this thread a long with a few others that sport live dogs. you are a really good puppy player. would be real interested in your thoughts on that vanderbilt game.... are the commodores holding open tryouts for offensive linemen the way spurrier is ?? hehe gl this week lindy

Always like to hit this thread a long with a few others that sport live dogs. you are a really good puppy player. would be real interested in your thoughts on that vanderbilt game.... are the commodores holding open tryouts for offensive linemen the way spurrier is ?? hehe gl this week lindy

I do not say this because UK lost to the Cocks, as you know I try to remain as objective as possible on everyone (hell, I have a prop bet on SC Over 7 wins)...but I just really don't think this team is that good. They're well-coached, obviously, and they take care of business - but they don't have one major strength on either side of the ball. Their pass D is pretty good, but that doesn't matter much when teams can run on you. They just don't overwhelm me.

Vandy was 11-2 ATS as a road dog the last 3 years entering this season, and obviously 0-1 so far this year at Auburn. I like the mix-up with Adams at QB, and it looks like it was working a little bit against UGA, as they were in it the whole way. This team has experience everywhere, and don't forget they had some expectations entering this season - I think it's only a matter of time before they pull that big upset as always. This looks like a great spot if you ask me, in an early game where SC has their biggest tests upcoming. I really expect this one to be close throughout.

I appreciate the compliments, but I wouldn't be surprised if my record with faves is better than my record with dogs this year, LOL...

Back