ALL ABOARD the lindetrain - Week 11

lindetrain

Pretty much a regular
Week 10: 3-3-3, -1.33 units
YTD: 55-50-4, +4.99 units

Saturday was an absolute fucking joke. Purdue covers for 55 minutes, and ends up getting me a push when I would've gotten +7.5 or better had I waited another couple hours. You all saw the meltdowns in Stillwater and East Lansing. And to top it all off, I fucking didn't bet my hunch on FSU. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how I didn't make money.

Will share some thoughts here in a little bit...

GL lindetrain...unfortunately good capping doesn't always compute to good wins...keep up the good work and your profit margin will take care of itself by the end of the bowl season my friend...looking forward to capping some college hoops with you and the other guys around here...

GL lindetrain...unfortunately good capping doesn't always compute to good wins...keep up the good work and your profit margin will take care of itself by the end of the bowl season my friend...looking forward to capping some college hoops with you and the other guys around here...

:cheers:

Definitely...unfortunately I haven't even made my way to a bookstore to pick up a mag or anything like that, so I gotta get on that...

Let's get started:

I don't know what I'm going to do at this point, but I'm tempted to lay the chalk with WVU. Simply put, this Louisville team is just not coming around, as proven by them blowing the UConn game and struggling at home against Pitt. Don't forget this is a serious revenge game for the Mountaineers, as their hopes and dreams got shattered in Louisville last year. Morgantown should be rocking for what is their biggest home game of the year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an enormous blowout.

I'm 100% convinced last week's domination over New Mexico was an aberration when it comes to TCU, and I think BYU shapes up as another excellent chalk play Thursday night thanks to it. The Cougars are clearly the class of the MWC, as they have produced week in week out and haven't had any problems in conference play. TCU, meanwhile, has done nothing other than spanking UNM last week - they have pretty much gone to shit since losing to Texas in September. I think Dalton is a piss-poor QB and I have no faith in him against any team with a pulse, and I think for the most part, TCU plays very uninspired and with little heart. I will almost certainly be on BYU, who crushed a better TCU team on the road in this matchup last year.

They are certainly throwing the bait out there when it comes to Wake Forest, offering over a TD in a Grobe vs. Bowden matchup. I guess it makes sense considering Clemson is playing very well, but that team is liable to suck ass at any point (see VT), and is facing a pretty solid group. I hate to get sucked into this one and see the Tigers steamroll, but I've gotta give WF atleast a look.

I know, I know, it's tempting to fade UConn this week (I want to as well)...but just don't do it. You already know what's going to happen, don't you? The Bearcats will win by 3 or 4. At some point you just need to give up and recognize you won't make money fading the Huskies.

Air Force obviously looks like a tempting play as I'm almost positive ND has thrown in the towel after losing to Navy off a bye week. Winning off the bye week after struggling can rejuvenate a team - losing to a team for the first time in 43 years off a bye week has to devastate a team. AFA is a very tough group...definitely better than Navy. I don't know if I can bring myself to lay 3 in South Bend but I'll consider it.

I like New Mexico to bounce back from that embarrassing performance last week. This team had been very solid up to that point - they were playing well in their 3 wins over Wyoming, SDSU, and AFA. Now they get a shot at doormat Colorado State, who has thrown in the towel and has shown no signs of wanting to compete. With a veteran team who is looking to improve their bowl hopes and move up in the conference standings, I think this is a good spot.

Just something people should take note of: UCLA can still win the Pac-10. Knowing that, catching a TD at home with this team, who has shown the ability to be just as great as they can be horrible, is somewhat interesting.

I have some interest in a pair of SEC road teams in Arkansas and Auburn. These lines alone should scream at you - a ton of credit is being given to both these squads, as books are claiming they are about 4 points better than their opponents on a neutral field. Just the presence of Marcus Monk on the field has helped this offense and pumped some energy into the Arkansas team - their offense moved at will on UT last year and should be able to do the same against this unit. I simply think Auburn is the better team and will be a bit more hungry, as they haven't played an important game since LSU and Georgia just won their Super Bowl against UF a couple weeks ago. The Tigers won't forget last year, when they got embarrassed by UGA at home.

I think I have to give A&M some consideration, as this seems like the ideal game where they rally around the coach and play great for Franchione. This is an early game, which could possibly help the Aggies catch Mizzou sleeping - and we all know they can be good at times. Only thing that worries me is A&M could very realistically be winning this game at halftime and not cover, because Mizzou's offense is that good and their defense is that bad.

When NC State was 1-5, and were 5-point dogs to ECU, what kinda odds would you have given me on them making a bowl?

I have some interest in USC, although it's another road chalk play. It's nice to see JDB back under center, and I think they might get clicking again now that he's back. Cal is just not the same team as they were in the first half of the season, and I'm not sure their offense will do much of anything against this outstanding D. I think it's only a matter of time before this sleeping giant wakes up.

I like the UK side of things this week

With NM, I think they have been a hard team for me to play on. They were winning their games but they were not doing it in pretty fashion and I thought more highly of them than what they were performing. CSU is dogshit right now though so that is a plus.

I lean to BYU but haven't pulled the trigger, gl

Week 10: 3-3-3, -1.33 units
YTD: 55-50-4, +4.99 units

Saturday was an absolute fucking joke. Purdue covers for 55 minutes, and ends up getting me a push when I would've gotten +7.5 or better had I waited another couple hours.

I think Purdue plus the pts was a good play, but you were fortunate to get a push. Penn St out-gained them in first downs by 7, and in yds by nearly 140.
If Purdue did not return the opening kick-off for a TD, then they lose that game by 14 pts. Purdue's offense did nothing. It surprised me a bit. I'm glad that you at least got a push and not a loss, because Penn St's D dominated them all day.

I think Purdue plus the pts was a good play, but you were fortunate to get a push. Penn St out-gained them in first downs by 7, and in yds by nearly 140.
If Purdue did not return the opening kick-off for a TD, then they lose that game by 14 pts. Purdue's offense did nothing. It surprised me a bit. I'm glad that you at least got a push and not a loss, because Penn St's D dominated them all day.

But at the same time, Purdue had the ball on the goal line about to punch it in to make it 17-3 and they fuck up and fumble. They still stay within a score or lead the rest of the way, until PSU busts one late and I need the FG for a backdoor push.

I was fortunate to get the push in the end, but it really shouldn't have come down to that.

Oh well, on to this week...

But at the same time, Purdue had the ball on the goal line about to punch it in to make it 17-3 and they fuck up and fumble. They still stay within a score or lead the rest of the way, until PSU busts one late and I need the FG for a backdoor push.

Good point.

I guess you wanted to take Purdue +7 because it's better to grab 7 than to wait and see it drop to +6.5 You would've been screwed. When Dr. Bob released Penn St -7, we shoulda known his lemmings were gonna push it to -8 or higher. I was waiting for Purdue +10 after Bob released Penn St but it never got there.

GL this week bro

Yeah, it was just a shitty situation. If he releases a play on Purdue, I'm fucked, cause I'm not gonna take them at 6 or less. So I had to take it at 7 while I had the chance.

Yeah, it was just a shitty situation. If he releases a play on Purdue, I'm fucked, cause I'm not gonna take them at 6 or less. So I had to take it at 7 while I had the chance.

This is exactly why I root against Dr. Bob and his followers every single week. They mess with the lines too much, and often times force us to put in our plays too early. I like to wait until later in the week so I can make better decisions, but this tout and his lemmings move the lines too much and take value away from us on some of the games. I am sure he is a nice person, but I am glad he and his followers are struggling. I want to see them go away and never come back.

Back