AlexGurv Week Seven NFL Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL 2008-2009 49-32-3 +19.40 units (60.49%)

Pretty good week last week again. As I said in my NCAA thread, im gonna cut down on the halftime plays. Ive actually been winning a lot of them in the NFL games but its time to cut down the betting because one bad week and im in trouble. Gonna also lessen how much im betting

1 unit = I like it to win
2 units = very confident pick
3 units = cant lose

Thoughts on the week

- I said it in the "in-game". I dont think the NFC East is very good and I think a lot of the hype comes from the media and people fall into that. Other then themselves the division itself has played 2 teams with a winning record. The Steelers and Arizona. If the Eagles dont beat the Steelers then its jsut really pathetic at that point. The Giants and Cowboys both struggled with the Bengals. The Giants lost to to the Browns. The Redskins lost to the Rams and got lucky to beat the Saints. And the Eagles have beaten San Fran barely (despite what the score says), the Steelers (damnit) and the Rams. Until someone in this division beats a few more contenders other then themselves, I dont see it.
- That im a little worried about the Steelers at the Bengals. Big Ben has never lost in Ohio, since high school. I think hes 9-0 in his pro careeer in ohio. Not betting the game...but a few facts for ya.

Chargers Pick to win 1 unit

I think the Bills start to slide a little bit now after the AZ blowout. Edwards is still Questionable for Sunday, and who knows how I guy comes off a concussion. The Chargers have struggled on the road, this year, 0-2 so far this year. But theyve gotten some unlucky breaks. Im hoping they get it together in this one and beat the Bills because the Bills have gotten nothing but lucky breaks!

Carolina -3 to win 2 units

Carolina always good at home, always solid. The Saints are better in the dome. I think Carolina eventually wins this division if they ever fix their road woes, which they deffinatly have.

Do you count a game as 3 wins if you bet the same team at +5 +5.5 and +6?

Yeah I did count the Browns and Chargers as 4 wins because I think of it as 4 seperate bets. If the Browns lost by 8, I would have pushed and lost a game. If The chargers won by 6, I would have pushed and won a game. Just my way of thinking about that. Is that screwy thinking? Thought about it myself...and thats how I thought of it.

FWIW Alex...at least coming into this year, I think the Saints had a better road record under Payton then home record.

FWIW Alex...at least coming into this year, I think the Saints had a better road record under Payton then home record.

Yeah thats because of that "magical season" a couple of years ago that started all the hype around this team. Not the same team as it was then. They are 0-2 this year ( though they could be 2-0). 4-4 last year and they had some pathetic games on the road. They had Atlanta last year on the road, obviously a winner, Carolina, without Delhomme last year (who makes all the difference IMO). Also I like that Carolina is 3-1 against Sean Payton.

Yeah I seen him out in a bout a week ago Saturday...His lil brother plays on the same pee wee team as my cousin. Think he takes over the crown as best player in the L this year. Wait till you see him on the run with Mo Pete running the show.....its scary that he is still only 23! lol

Yeah I seen him out in a bout a week ago Saturday...His lil brother plays on the same pee wee team as my cousin. Think he takes over the crown as best player in the L this year. Wait till you see him on the run with Mo Pete running the show.....its scary that he is still only 23! lol
kobe_dunk.jpg

thats dwight howard getting the teabag treatment

Greenbay +2 to win 2 units

I still think that Indy should struggle. One good week since this entire season does not say much to me. This team could easily be 1-4 right now. I think they struggle in Greenbay. I think the man, the legend, Aaron Rodgers pisses on that secondary and Peyton will struggle. 4 games struggling, and one good game, eqauls to a struggling QB at the moment. Maybe his time is done.

Man I really hate this card personally

Aaron Rodgers struggled against the Tampa 2 vs the Bucs. W/o Sanders, Colts arent as good defensivly but still get a good pass rush. Rodgers likes to throw those dinkers and slants to the WRs and the Tampa 2 takes away those routes.

on carolina as well. and i liked greenbay but didnt pull the trigger, might add it later...BOL

Yo man whats this BULLSHIT with the NFL fines and HINES WARD .. dude fucking balls out makes no sense to penalize for him jackin people up-- fascists

:cheers: will be on new england big when monday comes!!!! hoping it goes down .5, maybe even .6

GL Gurv. On some with you and thinking about tagging along with the Panthers

Back