AlexGurv Week Eight NFL Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL 2008-2009 56-35 +31.00 units

Good shit last week. Steelers looked poor on offense in the 1H but got it crackin in the 2H. I cant wait for this Giants game. Been waiting for this shit all year. We are gonna crush them like there is no tommorow.

San Diego-3 to win 2 units

Both teams are shit on the road. I think the Chargers have a 13 hour flight or so to London. New Orleans, maybe 9 or 10 hours. Not really sure of the details but the Chargers are the better team. This game was obviously scheduled because it will provide fireworks contrary to last years pathetic game in London. No Reggie is huge. Brees has been throwing like crazy all year and thats gotten them no where. I like the Chargers here

Steelers -3 to win 5 units

This is my biggest play of the year, and I just love the Steelers here. Is this a homer play? somewhat maybe, but not all the way. Ive been saying throughout the site that the NFC east has played literally no one. They are overrated and as the Dallas Cowboys go down it seems I might be right. Giants pass rush is not the same. There decent and they will get to Ben, no doubt about it, but they will not beat Ben. Parker is questionable for this game, but Moore has been more then capable. The Giants secondary has potential to be exposed. If not for some serious fuck ups by San Fran, that is a hell of a lot closer game. They lost to the Browns, badly. They nearly lost to the Bengals, disgusting. Theyve had 3 bad weeks IMO. How is Manning gonna take this blitz? Manning doesnt have the potential to escape like Ben. He will get hit, and hit hard. The secondary has been a question mark for the Steelers since I was born. But Ike Taylor has been playing much better. Hes gonna be covering Plax, and that should be a great match up. Plax knows this secondary well considering he played with it in the beginning of his career. But I just know, that the blitz is gonna smoke Eli and Plax will see little of the ball.

Miami +1.5 to win 1 unit

Seems like a trap play to me. Buffalo has been good at home, but theyve been iffy on the road. Theyve been beating up on teams flying from the west coast. Miami is decent enough this year to pull off the upset, theyve been playing pretty well at home also.

The Giants have given up six sacks, the Steelers 19.

The Steelers are No. 1 with 25 sacks, the Giants T-2 with 21.

The numbers don't suggest Eli is going to get battered far more than Ben.

That said, the Giants have played an incredibly weak schedule and go on the road for their toughest test. This will be the best, most versatile offense Pittsburgh has faced. Half the teams the Steelers have faced have been woefully challenged on offense -- Wk 2 Ceveland, Cincy with Fitz, Balty with Flacco.

Not sure which way to go, but I'm not yet convinced it's a slam dunk. Feels like a FG game to me.

GL.

Alex the chargers flew in straight from the east coast after the buffalo game,dont know if it was sunday night or monday morning.Anyways both teams had similar flight times,between 7.5-8 Hours.

Check :10_5_137:

Saints flight would of been longer ,10ish

The Giants have given up six sacks, the Steelers 19.

The Steelers are No. 1 with 25 sacks, the Giants T-2 with 21.

The numbers don't suggest Eli is going to get battered far more than Ben.

That said, the Giants have played an incredibly weak schedule and go on the road for their toughest test. This will be the best, most versatile offense Pittsburgh has faced. Half the teams the Steelers have faced have been woefully challenged on offense -- Wk 2 Ceveland, Cincy with Fitz, Balty with Flacco.

Not sure which way to go, but I'm not yet convinced it's a slam dunk. Feels like a FG game to me.

GL.

The Steelers will give up sacks and thats just something that I might as well get used too. But what defense has the Giants faced that would even be able to gather sacks? Theyve faced some of the worst defensive lines in the league. Steelers went up against 2 of the best in Balti and Philly.

You talk about the Steelers playing a terrible schedule, well Giants have played 2 of the teams you mentioned ( I think they would lose to 3rd) and got that ass beat by Cleveland.

Manchester - In that case thats an advantage on the flight time for the Chargers. I believe it would probably be a 8 hour flight from Buffalo to England. Im not exactly sure because when I went I had to go through Frankfurt. But going from the Southeast is considerably longer flight because they have to make that long bend through Canada because of air currents or some shit. Im guessing thats a 4 hour difference in flight times if the Siants also went straight from Carolina.

Across The Pond
by Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Monday, October 20, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Nearly three hours after the final whistle ended the Saints’ seventh regular season game of the season, the Black-and-Gold lifted off on a Northwest Airlines chartered 747 en route to London’s Gatwick International Airport.

The New Orleans team, now at 3-4, quietly embarked on the seven-hour plus flight northward ups the eastern seaboard before veering east and across the Atlantic Ocean. Coaches and players watched coaching videos of the team’s Sunday defeat and began preparations for Sunday’s game against the San Diego Chargers in the venerable Wembley Stadium.

I really advise holding back on betting this game,if the weather turns it will be another joke like last year.
That pitch (field) isnt desinged for having 240lbs+ guys throwing themselves about on it.Dont you recall last year,sods everywhere,just a mudbath,under a definate play if we get any rain.
Good luck mate .
where in England did you go btw ?

Across The Pond
by Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Monday, October 20, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Nearly three hours after the final whistle ended the Saints’ seventh regular season game of the season, the Black-and-Gold lifted off on a Northwest Airlines chartered 747 en route to London’s Gatwick International Airport.

The New Orleans team, now at 3-4, quietly embarked on the seven-hour plus flight northward ups the eastern seaboard before veering east and across the Atlantic Ocean. Coaches and players watched coaching videos of the team’s Sunday defeat and began preparations for Sunday’s game against the San Diego Chargers in the venerable Wembley Stadium.

I really advise holding back on betting this game,if the weather turns it will be another joke like last year.
That pitch (field) isnt desinged for having 240lbs+ guys throwing themselves about on it.Dont you recall last year,sods everywhere,just a mudbath,under a definate play if we get any rain.
Good luck mate .
where in England did you go btw ?

London, Dover and Canterbury. Sister went to the University of Canterbury in Brussel also so I went to visit her there once

Canterburys nice,London and Dover are khazis.Across all the boards never meet many Americans whove been to England.

Good luck this weekend pal :shake:

I think you read it wrong. I said the Giants have played an incredibly weak sked. The Steelers have played a stronger sked but half of their opponents have been very weak. That's all i was saying. I think the giants might have played the easiest sked to date in the nfl (w/o checking). I'm just saying this will be the best and most-rounded offense Pitt will have played.

And while Philly excels at getting to the QB, as good as Balty's D is, it's in the bottom half of the league (18th) in sacks.

Based on the body of work from both teams, I just can't draw as a conclusion that's as definitive as yours, but good luck. By Sunday, I might be on the Steelers, too.

BAR/Measy - Thats exactly what im thinking here.

Dallas -1.5 to win 2 units

This might be a sucker bet too. Tampa Bay that is. Doesnt matter who starts for them this week, Tampa Bay is a completely different team on the road as is Jeff Garcia. Too much pressure on the Cowboys not to win this game. All the bad media hype I think that a lot of people will be on Tampa Bay and thats why the line is so low.

Back