Alexgurv Week 2 NFL Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL 2008-2009 10-7 +2.30 units

A good week, the Raiders game fucked me a little bit, went 0-3 just on the game, luckily I had the Packers all tonight. Few thoughts about week 1

- Steelers looked good but they wont look this good all season, remember they crushed their first 2 opponents to open it up last year and ended up barely making the playoffs and losing in the first round
- Lamaar Woodley #56 will make the playoffs (Steelers)
- Browns are what I thought they would be, very little defensivly going on there
- I hate Brett
- Eagles looked great, Mcnabb stays healthy they are in playoffs
- Redskins looked dysfunctional on offense
- Raiders looked dysfunctional- truly feel bad for Throwback, Russell, and Mcfadden, Fargas is also an underrated back, one of the few highlights of the game
- Bronco's arent that good, the raiders D just made them look good. Eddie Royal is beastly though
- Kyle Orton can lead a team, he doesnt put up the number, but he doesnt put up the mistakes either, he can run the clock down, especially with Forte, making the defense a lot more effective
- Bengals are garbage

Leans are in italics
Blue Bold is final plays

Sunday September 14th

Oakland +4 to win 2 units - W
Colts -2 to win 2 units
- W
Cinci -1 to win 1 unit - L
Carolina -3 to win 1 unit - P
Patriots +1.5 to win 2 units
- W
Buffalo +5.5 to win 1 unit - W
Steelers -6 to win 2 units
Chargers +1 to win 2 units
2H Patriots Pick +110 to bet 2 units
- W
2H Miami +2 to win 1 unit - L
1H Steelers -3.5 to win 2 units

Monday September 15th

Philly +7 to win 1 unit

Last edited:
do we see an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl????? Pittsburgh v. Philly???

:smiley_acbe:

Dont ask me on other sites if I am Alexgurv

Oakland +4 to win 1 unit

As bad as I just saw this team play last week, I dont think KC is really that much better. Oakland looked like they could have potential in the 4th qaurter. Russell threw up some good passes, Fargas was one of the few bright spots. Larry Johnson didnt look that great, Croyle is probably out of the game, I personally see Oakland winning this game. I also think that Herm Edwards is one of the worst and most overrated coaches in the history of the game. Also the away team has won the last 3 games.

Colts -2 to win 1 unit

The Colts didnt look good in their home opener, but neither did the Vikings. Tavaris Jackson is just not meant to be a starting QB in this league. We are still talking about Peyton Manning, one of the best QB's ever, and Tony Dungy, also a great coach. I know the obvious answer is that the Colts will win after start 0-1, but this is the same team that has started 8-0 for 4 years in a row I believe, I have a lot of trouble seeing Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy going down 0-2, and I assume that Peyton Manning was just rusty.

Peyton Can't Move......he Looked Very Unstable....i Would Stay Away From This Game Or Take Minnesota Because They Are At Home And Will Be Able To Run Like The Bears Did And Play Stellar Defense

Bears gonna crash the party Mogo :36_11_6:Cubs, sox and bears is too much anyhow.'an_horse'

Good luck Alex...with you on the Colts. txtennisboy...Peyton has nothing to do with their defense ;) They will keep Minny off balance. :cheers:

txtennisboy - Peyton has never been able to move and I saw no great defense by minny last week

Brewer - I like the Bears

Master p - GL

spanish - Glad to hear it, gl with the rest of your wagers

Carolina -3 (-120) to win 1 unit

Love these guys this year, think they are very underrated as long as Delhomme stays healthy. Smith not being there is ok because Muhammad and Hackett make up for that. Also the running game has been very good. I know I just said I like the bears, but not in this one, I think this Carolina team is very good.

Buffalo +5.5 to win 1 unit

Jacksonville played decent defense last week but the offense was bad. Going into the redzone two times in a row, and two times not scoring any points? Thats pretty sad. Buffalo looked really good last week, I think they keep it going and suprise a lot of people. Edwards is a great QB that can lead a team with a great running back supporting him

txtennisboy - Peyton has never been able to move and I saw no great defense by minny last week

Brewer - I like the Bears

Master p - GL

spanish - Glad to hear it, gl with the rest of your wagers

Carolina -3 (-120) to win 1 unit

Love these guys this year, think they are very underrated as long as Delhomme stays healthy. Smith not being there is ok because Muhammad and Hackett make up for that. Also the running game has been very good. I know I just said I like the bears, but not in this one, I think this Carolina team is very good.

Buffalo +5.5 to win 1 unit

Jacksonville played decent defense last week but the offense was bad. Going into the redzone two times in a row, and two times not scoring any points? Thats pretty sad. Buffalo looked really good last week, I think they keep it going and suprise a lot of people. Edwards is a great QB that can lead a team with a great running back supporting him

GL Alex. I lean your way with the Bills. The Jags OL situation is a complete mess, and the fact their offense didn't score a legitimate point in the game when their avg. starting field position was near midfield should be a huge warning sign.

Carolina-Chicago is certainly an intriguing game. Don't have a feel for it yet.

Hope you win.

I also think that Herm Edwards is one of the worst and most overrated coaches in the history of the game.

:shake:

Gl MSG :cheers:
Gl Da Jack :cheers:
Gl Marlo :cheers:
Gl cogenman:cheers:

Patriots +1.5 to win 1 unit

I just decided im not comfortable betting against the Pats as much as I hate them. The Jets still havent proven themselves to me. I still hate Brett. But these guys on ESPN are talking about the Jets winning the superbowl. Thats ridiculous, they beat the Miami Dolphins, a team that was worst then them last year, it doesnt prove anything to me. The Dolphins will still be bad, they wont be as bad, but they arent a good team and beating them doesnt mean that much to me. The Patriots lost Brady but they still have Moss, Welker and that entire defense, old or not, its still earily

Cinci -1 to win 1 unit

This line makes no sense to me, so im gonna take it. Bengals and Carson are better at home, so im hoping the offense picks up

Gl MSG :cheers:
Gl Da Jack :cheers:
Gl Marlo :cheers:
Gl cogenman:cheers:

Patriots +1.5 to win 1 unit

I just decided im not comfortable betting against the Pats as much as I hate them. The Jets still havent proven themselves to me. I still hate Brett. But these guys on ESPN are talking about the Jets winning the superbowl. Thats ridiculous, they beat the Miami Dolphins, a team that was worst then them last year, it doesnt prove anything to me. The Dolphins will still be bad, they wont be as bad, but they arent a good team and beating them doesnt mean that much to me. The Patriots lost Brady but they still have Moss, Welker and that entire defense, old or not, its still earily

Cinci -1 to win 1 unit

This line makes no sense to me, so im gonna take it. Bengals and Carson are better at home, so im hoping the offense picks up

:36_11_6:

That's hilarious, because your reasoning on Cincy is the exact same as mine. Pretty much word for word.

GL again Marlo, I like to bet blindly :)

Pittsburgh -6 to win 1 unit

This is gonna be a massacre. Cleveland doesnt have the defense to stop anyone the Steelers offense. The defense looked great last week so they should stop the Browns a few times, besides the fact that Anderson and Edwards looked terrible against the Cowboys, missing passes, missing catches. Some Burghers dont even consider this a rivalry anymore but a laughing stock. Browns havent beat us since 2003. Browns have only beat us 3 times since 1999. Steelers are 18-3 since the Browns came back to Cleveland (a playoff win). We laugh at the Browns down here.

Philly +7 to win 1 unit

Romo's worst games seem to come against this team. Mcnabb looked great last week even if it was just the Rams. As long as the Eagles stay healthy this team will be a contender, this should be a close game, hopefully Eagles cover :)

GL again Marlo, I like to bet blindly :)

Pittsburgh -6 to win 1 unit

This is gonna be a massacre. Cleveland doesnt have the defense to stop anyone the Steelers offense. The defense looked great last week so they should stop the Browns a few times, besides the fact that Anderson and Edwards looked terrible against the Cowboys, missing passes, missing catches. Some Burghers dont even consider this a rivalry anymore but a laughing stock. Browns havent beat us since 2003. Browns have only beat us 3 times since 1999. Steelers are 18-3 since the Browns came back to Cleveland (a playoff win). We laugh at the Browns down here.

Philly +7 to win 1 unit

Romo's worst games seem to come against this team. Mcnabb looked great last week even if it was just the Rams. As long as the Eagles stay healthy this team will be a contender, this should be a close game, hopefully Eagles cover :)

Hopefully J Simpson shows up and you know you'll be money!

Manning did look very un mobile last Sunday....I know he's never been that mobile, but Michaels even said they cant run their patented stretch play b/c Peyton cant get outside, so they had to run pitch plays instead.

Also Addai banged up, Colts suspect run D v. ADP, Jared Allen coming back after a bad week 1.....

GL to ya!

GL Aplous
GL Mcdrew
GL Scud, you stud
GL TST

TAKE THE STEELERS.

Last edited:
Patriots - pick in the 2H - 2 units
Dolphins +2 - in the 2h -1 unit

one more possibly coming

Back