AlexGurv Week 13 NFL Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL 2008-2009 79-59 +13.76 units

Got completely waxed last week. What really did me in was the Chargers ML. I didnt bitch at this the night of because I know I would just go off on someone, I was furious. I had them with my biggest bet of the year. It looks like my future bet is all but officially done though with the way the Broncos have been playing, its not 100% over. But it more then likely it is. But thats not why I bet them. This Colts team, it is not good. I am so sick of seeing them win. Them beating the Steelers was a joke. They gave a ton to the Texans and looked terrible defensively. Against the Chargers, you really look at it, and they just held the ball the whole game. Frankly Turner got outcoached. Or I guess thats just what makes Manning good but all they did was manage the game, run the clock down. The man makes me furious. John Madden was talking about how much the Chargers looked so much better on defense. But they didnt, they gave up the yards when it counted. I dont know how it ended but I know the Colts were 10/11 at one point on 3rd down. Thats a poor defensive showing. Then what really infuriated me was the fact that there was one kind of iffy pass interference call that I could go with. But the second one was just unbelievable, I was blown away. The refs seemed to fuck over the Chargers over and over again. Then there was LT. I would usually not be upset at the guy, but he dropped a wide open, wide open, 12 yard pass on 2nd and 15. I was just shocked and appalled.

Cowboys -13 to win 2 units (Canceled Bet)

Fuck it I dont know. The Seahawks have proven they cant play anywhere and they are just bad. They seem to be done as a team and they just arent very good. The Cowboys, im not a huge fan of, but they should, by all extremes, win this game easily. There defense is still questionable but with the Seahawks struggling on offense all season I dont think it will be a huge problem. Yes you can argue that the Seahawks have looked better since Hasselback has been back, but the Cowboys are still clearly the more dominant team and I feel like all these Thanksgiving games end in a blow out anyway

Eagles -3 to win 2 units

Call me an idiot, but I think Mcnabb tears the roof off the building in this game. Dont really see why not. The Cardinals have played terribly on the road this year. While they are 3-3, you have to look at who the 3 they beat are. The Seahawks, The Rams, and the 49ers. I also thinks while most have the Eagles buried they can still play defense against teams that might struggle with the blitz, and I think the Cardinals and Warner will struggle with the Eagles blitz. The fact that Reid is an idiot doesnt help me but I hope the players just get it done.

Last edited:
You're brave to bet on an Andy Reid team.Worst coach in the league. Line seems to indicate the Eagles should win, but I think there's a good chance much of that team has thrown in the towel.

GL MSG :shake:

Bucs ML -210 to win 2 units

I think that the hype around the Saints is crazy. First of all the Saints are a great home team and they are just flat out not very good on the road. The Bucs are the same way, they are a great home team and not a good road team. There is no way that the Bucs let this team pass all over them like the Packers did. They will shut down the non-existent running game. The Saints looked good putting up 51 but they still gave up a lot of points on defense to a team that seemed to be struggling the whole game?

Last edited:
With you on Dallas...They will kill Sea, the true test is the next week against Pitt...I also love the west coast travel factor in the Eags game...On both as well.

Gl Dallas Jayhawk

Packers -3 to win 2 units

Packers playin well at home this year and Carolina has struggled the last month

GL Fondy have a good time at the game

Ive decided that im canceling my Cowboys bet and im gonna take the

Seahawks +12 to win 1 unit

Just have a hunch that the Cowboys fuck up a game that there not supposed too.

GL Fondy have a good time at the game

Ive decided that im canceling my Cowboys bet and im gonna take the

Seahawks +12 to win 1 unit

Just have a hunch that the Cowboys fuck up a game that there not supposed too.

GL Gurv - I never fare well when changing my mind...

1H Eagles -1 to win 1 unit
Eagles for 2 units
Eagles Live In game -17.5 to win 2 units

Last edited:
Damn it Alex. I didn't know you cancelled your Dallas bet. grrrrrr. I lost my ass today. Only the Eagles might make me feel a little better. :cheers:

Spanish - I hedged out live in game wagering, I almost got fucked hardcore with the middle though.

What really fucked me is Michigan St ML losing, they didnt lose, they got blown out.

Pretty good thanksgiving in the NFL, lets hope I can carry it into the weekend

Chargers ML -210 to win 3 units

I just hope they dont fuck me over again but I feel pretty good that they are gonna win. The offense for the most part looked good other then LT, I just think there is almost no way they lose this game.

Back