Big risk for KC

Cousins sweepstakes gonna heat up

Jags are supposedly keeping Blake

Buffalo
Zona
Broncos
Jetas
Browns signing him and using 1 and 4 on actual BPA would be smart

Wonder what Vikes will do. Some buzz around here that Smith or Cousins could be in the mix as better options but Cousins by far the most overpriced option.

Cousins will get more guaranteed than Smith so team would need money

Browns do

Broncos have 42m space so they have the room too

Vikes very interesting, didn't even think of that but very interesting

I'd feel more comfortable with him than paying Bradford or case, and teddy is cheap but he's a risk

Cleveland has to be the best option, give him what Carr,/Stafford got. Even if it's an overpayment by a bit they have the money

Take Chubb at 1
Hope Barkley is there at 4

Suddenly your offense has cousins, Barkley, gordon, I like Coleman too

Defense has a line with Chubb, Shelton and garrett

That's a hell of a core

Also take back on the risk for KC

Smith has proven he's not a playoff guy, I like mahomes, but even if he's not the guy. This team is in win now mode, they couldn't status quo things with Smith.

Good to see a team not content with just making the playoffs

Please do not let the Bronco's go after Cousins. We have been making the WORST QB decisions... who is this Elway dude and what does he know about QBS??? smh

I don’t think the jets sign him, can’t see them wanting shelling out big money for him. Is he really much of an upgrade over Mccown who wasn’t bad for them last year before getting hurt and will be much much cheaper. My guess is they resign him or another vet as a stopgap and go for one of the qbs in the draft. Then again, their front office can’t evaluate young QBs for shit with failed attempts with Geno, Petty, and Hackenberg (who they took in the 2nd round and haven’t even wanted to suit him up in 2 years).

Larry signed a 1yr deal and for all intent and purpose is waiting on the QB situation before deciding if he's playing. Cards are going to overpay some vet, 15th pick isn't ideal for QB of the future so even if they do take a flier on Lamar he won't be there day 1 nor would he inspire Fitz to keep playing. They do have the defense to win right now and DJ back should have a dynamic offense with the right QB.

On another note, wonder what the Colts are going to do with Brissett. Can't see him content as a backup at this point.

You want them to draft one?

Tyrod?

Paxton????

I don't want to pay man a fortune who is not a proven winner - Cousins is a .500 QB at best with most of his wins coming against sub .500 teams. I don't want Brock or Paxton. Trevor would be a good backup and I'd rather see a good draft pick. I don't know what Elway has been doing. He should know this position better than anything and should have had an amazing guy waiting to take over for Manning (and no, Brock was never that amazing guy, he was a serviceable plug in)

Sounds like the Broncos made a big offer to Cousins though so there's that.

I don’t think the jets sign him, can’t see them wanting shelling out big money for him. Is he really much of an upgrade over Mccown who wasn’t bad for them last year before getting hurt and will be much much cheaper. My guess is they resign him or another vet as a stopgap and go for one of the qbs in the draft. Then again, their front office can’t evaluate young QBs for shit with failed attempts with Geno, Petty, and Hackenberg (who they took in the 2nd round and haven’t even wanted to suit him up in 2 years).

Be careful on counting the Jets out, BDN...Jets are $100 million under the cap and know they need a QB to compete. This is going to be an amazing offseason in that we are going to see more QBs move teams than ever before. Should be very interesting especially with the big-time QB crop that are expected to be 1st rounders thrown into the mix. Once the league year starts March 10th, things are going to get really interesting.

Be careful on counting the Jets out, BDN...Jets are $100 million under the cap and know they need a QB to compete. This is going to be an amazing offseason in that we are going to see more QBs move teams than ever before. Should be very interesting especially with the big-time QB crop that are expected to be 1st rounders thrown into the mix. Once the league year starts March 10th, things are going to get really interesting.

I know, and I know they’ve been on record saying them intend to spend $ this offseason which is what worries me a little here, but I still think they try to get creative a find a cheaper option and draft a QB. I have a feeling they will attempt to move up to the top 3 to get Allen, not that I’m a fan of him, but just gut feeling that’s who they have targeted.

Hell I’d rather sign Brissett if he leaves Indy. Love his upside.

People can hate on Reid and the Chiefs and most of it is well deserved. But I guarantee the Chiefs have won more games the last 3-5 years than 29 other teams.

This was a huge steal of a trade for KC. Cap relief which could lead to multiple players for that 17 mil. Another draft pick. And best of all Washington's best defender in Kendall Fuller (graded out ahead of Norman).

The Chiefs got much better last night and have a ton of room to make moves.

If the Jets actually sign Cousins instead of drafting a QB this year I am done with them forever.

Chiefs fans are so happy about this the only concern is the Skins back out due to backlash before this can become official on 3/14.

We needed draft picks and picked up #78, now have 3 in top 100.

Need secondary help and got a stud CB on a rookie deal.

Mahomes is ready to roll, he’s gonna have some bumps but I’ve seen all I need to know he’s the guy moving forward.

Save $17m on Smith’s contract to bolster the D or OL.

People can hate on Reid and the Chiefs and most of it is well deserved. But I guarantee the Chiefs have won more games the last 3-5 years than 29 other teams.

This was a huge steal of a trade for KC. Cap relief which could lead to multiple players for that 17 mil. Another draft pick. And best of all Washington's best defender in Kendall Fuller (graded out ahead of Norman).

The Chiefs got much better last night and have a ton of room to make moves.

They hate on him for his playoff game management which is incredibly justified, like not involving Hunt in the 2nd half this year vs Tenny. He's clearly a great preparation guy though as the regular season record, plus the record after bye weeks shows

Also them getting better is an unknown, mahomes is not a guarantee

I like the deal because it's going for it but there is a bigger chance they go 6-10 than there was yesterday if Mahomes isn't ready, there's also a bigger chance they make it to round 2 though, so again it's a positive

They hate on him for his playoff game management which is incredibly justified, like not involving Hunt in the 2nd half this year

Also them getting better is an unknown, mahomes is not a known quantity

I like the deal because it's going for it but there is a bigger chance they go 6-10 than there was yesterday if Mahomes isn't ready

Let's clear this up for the final time since it's just easier to take the traditional take:

1. Nagy called the plays
2. The Chiefs only ran 11 plays with the lead in the 2nd half thanks to the abysmal defense. The last drive they were down and were in obv passing situations.
3. 6 runs, 5 passes. 4 runs by Hunt, 2 by Smith. 2-5 passing. 33% run plays for a team that ran 40% during the year. Nobody said shit about the gameplan when they passed it up and down the field (not using Hunt very much) in the first half.

Between the preseason and Week 17, enough snaps have been seen to say Mahomes is ready. He will make mistakes at a higher rate than Smith. He still has a top 5 WR and perhaps the best TE in the league and TWO stud running backs (Spencer Ware says hello). And with the extra $ and pick (edit: and Kendall Fuller) I would think this will be a very interesting team to watch on both sides of the ball. Could they go 6-10? Obviously. Anyone could. And their road non-conference schedule is brutal (Pats, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks). But I think they will be fine with the kid.

postscript... I love Alex Smith. It was time.

KC knows they aren't winning a Super Bowl with Smith so they made the right decision rolling the dice with Mahomes who has a much higher upside. This is exactly why I don't want the Jets signing Cousins.

Let's clear this up for the final time since it's just easier to take the traditional take:

1. Nagy called the plays
2. The Chiefs only ran 11 plays with the lead in the 2nd half thanks to the abysmal defense. The last drive they were down and were in obv passing situations.
3. 6 runs, 5 passes. 4 runs by Hunt, 2 by Smith. 2-5 passing. 33% run plays for a team that ran 40% during the year. Nobody said shit about the gameplan when they passed it up and down the field (not using Hunt very much) in the first half.

Between the preseason and Week 17, enough snaps have been seen to say Mahomes is ready. He will make mistakes at a higher rate than Smith. He still has a top 5 WR and perhaps the best TE in the league and TWO stud running backs (Spencer Ware says hello). And with the extra $ and pick I would think this will be a very interesting team to watch on both sides of the ball. Could they go 6-10? Obviously. Anyone could. And their road non-conference schedule is brutal (Pats, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks). But I think they will be fine with the kid.

I agree with the move but preseason and a meaningless week 17 game doesn't mean a thing. Mahomes definitely has a big upside and I like the move to go to him but you can't really say he has proven anything.

1. Nagy called the plays

Between the preseason and Week 17, enough snaps have been seen to say Mahomes is ready. He will make mistakes at a higher rate than Smith. He still has a top 5 WR and perhaps the best TE in the league and TWO stud running backs (Spencer Ware says hello). And with the extra $ and pick (edit: and Kendall Fuller) I would think this will be a very interesting team to watch on both sides of the ball. Could they go 6-10? Obviously. Anyone could. And their road non-conference schedule is brutal (Pats, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks). But I think they will be fine with the kid.

I agree it was time. You hit it more in this post, KC has problems beyond Smith and any KC fan that thinks dumping him is the magic bullet is in for a rude awakening. They better use some money on the back side of that defense. What's Berry's status? Losing him was a huge blow to the secondary.

I agree with the move but preseason and a meaningless week 17 game doesn't mean a thing. Mahomes definitely has a big upside and I like the move to go to him but you can't really say he has proven anything.

Oh I agree to an extent. But its not like he is coming out of college without a season under his belt. And unlike some QBs in this league, Smith taught Mahomes everything this year about how to be a QB in this league. They were inseperable by all accounts. Upside is gigantic. But in those limited snaps, you see poise of a Watson and not a Peterman which is reason for the optimism.

I agree it was time. You hit it more in this post, KC has problems beyond Smith and any KC fan that thinks dumping him is the magic bullet is in for a rude awakening. They better use some money on the back side of that defense. What's Berry's status? Losing him was a huge blow to the secondary.

Ian Rapoport

✔@RapSheet

With Kendall Fuller set to join the #Chiefs secondary as a starting CB alongside Marcus Peters, worth noting: S Eric Berry (Achilles) was spotted already doing position drills last week at XPE Sports with trainer Tony Villani. I’m told Berry looks fantastic.

fuller is a huge get, the pick alone for someone they were probly cutting is enough, to get a starting CB is big

The Nagy calling the plays is a factor but Reid is the hc, if he wanted more runs they game plan for it at ht, and the lack of plays is a bit dependent on not picking up 1st dowms

Mahomes, agree with brewers that he's still unknown and what we've seen so far doesn't indicate hes ready. He's in a perfect situation, getting to effectively sit a year with Reid coaching him up. Plus he knows 8 months ahead he's qb1. I think he's going to be a big play guy, like you say maybe a few more mistakes, but the risk is worth the reward. All I mean is there's a chance that he's not an upgrade on Smith, or more likely not ready next year to be that guy.

Either way like I've said, it's a great move, and not accepting 10-12 wins and an early January loss is commendable because a ton of teams wouldn't do it, just think it's possible this is a 1 step back before 2 forward type of thing

Glad to see Berry's recovery going well, hope he comes back fully healthy and all the injury and health problems are behind him

Back