Alert: Huge OL injury for Nevada

• Thread starter Thread starter NickFazekas
  • Start date Start date
N

NickFazekas

Wow this came out of nowhere, and I will post this in the injury suspension thread, but since this is the only game tonight and the significance of the injury I thought it deserves a thread.

All-Wac guard, and possibly our best, most underated player on the team, offensive left guard Barrett Reznick is OUT tonight thru the next 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee. He will be replaced by backup center Kyle Robertson. This is a HUGE deal because he our best lineman hands down, and the only player on the line we really can't replace.

Beware on Nevada, this could put a huge Mouse wrench in the offense to be covering -7!!!

still working on a source here, give me a second guys.

oh man just when I thought my luck was starting to turn around.. Thanks for this info, too bad I already have Nevada - 7

WR Kim Thompson and OT Austin Matthews upgraded to probable for NW.

NickFazekas said:
where is the damn injury thread I cant find it.

We don't have the thread updated, Nick, this thread is fine. Thanks for posting!

Kyle Robertson isnt terrible at all, he is a senior and capable of filling in but obviously hes playing out of position. If anyone else on the line goes down or needs a spell things are going to get really sketchy with youngsters coming in.

Shit, don't they usually just do a walk thru the day before a game??? How the hell did this happen!?!? Hopefully it won't matter too much.

Nick, thanks for the notice buddy! That's a big one definitely. Another big note, I see you mentioned that Austin Matthews is now probable for Northwestern, that's huge for them too as he's a veteran starter that will really help open things up for Sutton.

Any news on whether or not the Northwestern safety Heinz is playing? Last I heard he was doubtful... Would really be more comfortable if he was playing.

Heinz is doubtful from all I have read. All in all, still looks like good news on the injury front for NW.

damn. oh well...this happens sometimes.

line hadn't moved last I looked...

maybe reno wins, anyway....

here is current injury situation:

Important Injuries
Northwestern
Date Pos Player Injury Status
09/22 3:06am FS Bryan Heinz Ankle out indefinitely.
09/22 3:05am OT Austin Matthews Foot upgraded to probable.
09/22 3:05am WR Kim Thompson Foot upgraded to probable.
09/20 3:11am TE Frayne Abernathy Foot is expected to miss.
Nevada
Date Pos Player Injury Status
09/22 9:52am TE Anthony Pudewell Ankle limited last game, probable.
09/22 3:09am OL Barrett Reznick Knee out 2-3 weeks.
09/19 2:55am DE Erics Clark Shoulder upgraded to probable

NORTHWESTERN AT NEVADA RENO NV 8:00 PM EDT
-------------------------------------------
SUNNY, NORTHEAST WIND 8-13. KICKOFF TEMP 66

Back