Alabama @ LSU

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
WoW....Just wow !! Are you freakin kidding me? Who can LSU's defense stop lately? Please, someone. Just tell me how LSU is going to stop the Boogie Man Saban(birthday is Holloween) from pounding these guys? Nevermind. I just placed a ton on Alabama. BTW...I hate Saban. Fucker backstabed my Fins.

Alabama -3 Predicted score 30-23 Bama

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

if bama doesnt cover tell twita to shut down CTG for 24 hours

itd be the best thing for everyone.

As a dedicated follower of the SEC I cant understand it either. I mean Alabama blew out Ga and Ga rolled LSU. Florida blew out LSU and I think Bama plays Florida tough in the SEC Championship.....But on the other hand its a SEC game and you never know. LSU has nothing the lose and they are at home against their old coach. Theres a guy at my local gym who used to play for bama 10-12 years ago and he is scared to death of this weekend. He thinks alabama is over rated and they have a big chance to lose this one in a letdown situation.....I just can't believe the line hasnt moved towards LSU, as I have not heard of anyone betting LSU....Can Vegas have it that worng, they had to assume a number like that would draw a lot of Alabama money? My gut tells me to stay away. But with TeeDub and shark on it, it makes me wonder....

troutman, EVERYONE on ctg is on bama. and a lot of us for big.

if they dont cover a lot of beer will be drank!!

Every power ranking I have loooked at has them pretty close to the current line. The problem I'm having is that the rankings are not reflecting recent game play. Alabama right now looks like LSU looked last year. They seem unbeatable the way they are playing while LSU has struggled. Saban is a mother chucker, if you know what I mean. He has no loyalties and will enjoy ramming it up his old team's ass tomorrow. He will pull no punches. The prick sucked at the NFL but he's a great college coach.

He thinks alabama is over rated and they have a big chance to lose this one in a letdown situation......

Just can't see any kind of letdown coming into play... Not with the Saban situation.. He will have them very motivated IMO.... How is LSU going to score much? They ain't going to run it consistently and if they get into predictable throwing situations, this could get ugly fast..I can see Alabama winning a close game but I can also see a lopsided affair if LSU gets behind early, which I expect... I got a couple buddies that hammered the alt spreads...

Perriloux left LSU in a lurch with his pea brained behavior and subequent dismissal. I can't see LSU being able to run on Alabama who have their defensive interior bolstered by the return of Cody. Lee is just not consistent enough for LSU to count on and I think if he gets in a lot of tough down and distance that there is a strong possibility of TO's. LSU is not forcing many TO's this year (8) and actually have a -5 ratio on the year. Alabama will not overlook this game and bring in a much better balanced offense overall.

All of these posts are vallid buts there is a reason the line is where it is...LSU still has athletes and at teh begining of the season Alabama was supposed to be a year away. Remember they squeaked by Kentucky on the road just a few weeks ago. Just trying to play Devils advocate. I need Alabama to win so when FLORIDA chomps that ass in the SEC championship we vault into the national championship game......

I need Alabama to win so when FLORIDA chomps that ass in the SEC championship we vault into the national championship game......

AMEN :smiley_acbe: But that's not why I bet on them. You and I know Florida will tear them a new asshole but tomorrow is Alabama's day. :cheers:

Bama came out against Tenn. and passed early to set up the run. The one thing about McElwains offense that I can say is, it is not predictable. Sure, Bama is going to run. But will it be on 1st, 2nd, 3rd down. JPW has been efficient this year under 1st year OFC. It was rumored at the beginning of the year that McElwain approached JPW's former high school coach at Hoover High to discuss his intangibles. Whatever was said, sure has paid off big for Bama.

LSU will get a big dose of zone blitz tomorrow. This is something that they have not seen all year.

The one thing I have not seen discussed is the fact that Bo Pellini and Jimbo Fisher are no longer in Baton Rouge. Talent has been raided from the LSU ranks and the coaching has been poached as well. I love my line on Bama.

The one thing I have not seen discussed is the fact that Bo Pellini and Jimbo Fisher are no longer in Baton Rouge. Talent has been raided from the LSU ranks and the coaching has been poached as well. I love my line on Bama.

I wouldn't call Crowton a downgrade from Fisher, and LSU still has a top 10 recruiting class annually. I do, however, think the co-defensive coordinator thing is not working. That being said, I am on Bama -3 for one of my biggest bets of the season. If Bama wins tomorrow, Lee will likely be the MVP ;)

Only 61% are on Bama. I'm surprised. Really think TT upset last week has some ppl betting on the premise that it's November, on the road, upsets happen.

Books gonna get killed by the sharps on this one.

---This WILL BE a tough game. Don't be fooled by how LSU has looked.

-3 very probable of a push IMO. Buy the half point.

Problem IMO with this line is at -3 it's begging for Bama money. And that might bite the books in the ass. Bama is going to win, -7 line I think evens the big money out on both sides alot more. Those that think LSU is overrated as hell would still be on Bama at -7.

I'd consider LSU at a line of 10. 7 maybe. 3 is Bama all night because at worst it's a push, but I think it's very possible.

I think it's even possible Bama wins by 1 or 2. This WILL be a close game.

troutman, EVERYONE on ctg is on bama. and a lot of us for big.

if they dont cover a lot of beer will be drank!!

Great, I'm on LSU. you guys should start spending that money.
I know how David felt before the big game with Goliath.
Oh ,well. If 0u scores 70 vs. the Ags then I'll cover this bet....plus some others.

Press

-3 very probable of a push IMO. Buy the half point.

Problem IMO with this line is at -3 it's begging for Bama money. And that might bite the books in the ass. Bama is going to win, -7 line I think evens the big money out on both sides alot more. Those that think LSU is overrated as hell would still be on Bama at -7.

I'd consider LSU at a line of 10. 7 maybe. 3 is Bama all night because at worst it's a push, but I think it's very possible.

I think it's even possible Bama wins by 1 or 2. This WILL be a close game.

I only see it 2 ways. It will either be close as you stated or it will be a rout. I had it pegged at Bama by 7 but it could get alot uglier than that. Good luck whichever way you go. :cheers:

I wish you all luck (sort of). I'll be on LSU in this one.

:shake:

icon11.gif

Can Vegas have it that worng, they had to assume a number like that would draw a lot of Alabama money?

Yes, of course, Vegas can have it that wrong -- just look at tonight. Vegas was 4 weeks behind the curve on Fresno.

I lean LSU not sure I want to play it though. As far as the line goes I disagree with Bama being cheap. Up to this point Bama has been undervalued on the road and LSU overvalued at home IMO. I think if LSU defense had played a tad better at times this would and should be a PKem.

Bama was only like -8 @ Arkansas where FLA was like -24. Even at Georgia they caught about a TD . I thought if Tenny had any sort of offense it would have taken Bama down to the wire . They just couldnt make a play and the opps were there.

Huge concern with LSU is Lee not only the INTs but he has like 5 or 6 pick 6s already!! Georgia scored 52 but two off pick 6s so thats 14 pts! I think LSU and Georgia are basically equally but the difference is the QB. Put it this was take away the pick 6 from Lee in the 1st Q and LSU and Georgia are tied at 17 at halftime. Actually his 2nd 1st H INT lead to a FG. So they had 10 1st H pts off his INTs and 17 all game.

Even at FLA 21-14 game after LSU scores 1st possession after half . FLA 1st TD was a missed tackle I believe as well.

I just keep going back to the Tenny game . Tenny is terrible on offense and in a 6-3 game missed a FG which Bama scored a TD right after that . Still Tenny drove and missed another FG from 42 yds before half. 13-5 could have easily been 6-6 or evevn 13-6.

LSU just has loads more talent then Tenny . They have the whole Saban angle going on . I just kinda feel this line is off at 3 or 3.5 . If Bama can win they do by 3 pts IMO. They wont score more then 24-28 IMO especially if they dont get freebies . They dont have the best special teams either . They played 1 legit offense in Georgia and while it took a lopsided 1st H the Bulldawgs put up 30 in the 2nd H . Other then that next best team and offense was Ole Miss who also ralllied on them .

Bama while solid just overrated IMO for a #1 team. Of course their defense looks good its playing no one . Ark State is a mid major playing in a SEC stadium thats called a mismatch .

GL.....

One thing that keeps reassuring me on Bama. Nick Saban is going to coach circles around Less.

This is a huge mismatch that cannot be understated.

One thing that keeps reassuring me on Bama. Nick Saban is going to coach circles around Less.

This is a huge mismatch that cannot be understated.

True but we all know that . If LSU wins that factor will somehow be erased probably by the scoreboard . If LSU gets up early then there is only so much Saban can do. Close game throughout then I agree Les Miles is not the guy I want making the decisions. All LSU has to do is get up 10 or 14-0 and that could be taken care of . Of cousre we know easier said then down knowing how little Bama has given up in the 1st Q(my point is it dosnt take much to get up 10-14 pts although technically vs Bama it does) . I think we see a different LSU team as Bama IMO plays its 1st opponent who is geared up for them. Not saying Georgia took them lightily but Bulldowgs might have been full of themselves coming off wins @ SCAR and @ ASU . Bama hit in the mouth and before they knew it the game was out of hand but they did comeback and put 30 pts up . I think thats a huge factor with Bama now as they have that #1 ranking . I thought Tenny playd Bama well for most of the 1st H but that offense is tryly bad.

Just think alot of people forgot how GA self destructed and handed Bama that game . All the errors they made they had no chance to win-

The game was really decided before halftime. Alabama took the opening kickoff and pushed 80 yards in 11 plays, benefiting from two Georgia penalties that helped keep the drive moving.
Miller was called for pass interference in the end zone, and there was no excuse for Akeem Dent delivering a blow to Wilson’s face, which negated a fumble that Georgia recovered. Two plays later, Mark Ingram scored on a 7-yard run.

The Tide was just getting started.

Georgia was called for two more crucial penalties on the visiting team’s next possession—a defensive holding on Miller and another blatant roughing-the-passer penalty, this time on Jarius Wynn. The Bulldogs managed to make the Tide to settle for Tiffin’s 23-yard field goal.

After Brian Mimbs shanked a 19-yard punt, Wilson hooked up with Jones for 31 yards and Coffee finished off the drive with a 3-yard touchdown.

The Bulldogs couldn’t do anything right. A.J. Green, the freshman receiver coming off a huge game at Arizona State, had the ball stripped away after a catch. Dont’a Hightower, Alabama’s star freshman on defense, grabbed it out of the air and started another Tide possession on Georgia’s side of the field, this time at the 33.
On third-and-goal at the 4, Roy Upchurch burst up the middle and into the end zone untouched.

:cheers:

Just think alot of people forgot how GA self destructed and handed Bama that game . All the errors they made they had no chance to win-

And it might also be a very likely scenario for LSU today. I do agree that LSU will be highly motivated for this game today at home but Saban surely knows that and has prepared his team for a battle. I think, like you stated about the Georgia game, Bama comes out early and punches them in the face just like they did to Georgia. LSU's defense is questionable right now IMO. Should be a great game. Good Luck which ever way you go SportsNut. :cheers:

I don't post very much but I lurk here all the time. I'm an avid Alabama fan and rarely bet on Alabama, however I feel like the -3 is too good to pass up this week. This isn't the LSU team of years past, their defense gives up big plays and they have a QB who has trouble discerning who is on his team.

Saban will have the team ready for this game, in fact I feel like he's had the team ready for this game all summer. Cody is back, between him and Chapman I don't see Charles Scott being able to get it going, and from what I've heard the Tigers are going to be getting a steady dose of Coffee/Ingram/Upchurch, more so than usual even.

This is an Alabama team that won't be intimidated by the road atmosphere, I'm particularly happy that it's not a night game at Tiger Stadium, and they've proven themselves on the road all season long. Saban will have a better game plan than Miles and he's going to force Jarrett Lee to beat him, which I don't think he'll be able to. I just don't see any angle in which you can back LSU in this one, it's 'Bama or nothing.

I don't post very much but I lurk here all the time. I'm an avid Alabama fan and rarely bet on Alabama, however I feel like the -3 is too good to pass up this week. This isn't the LSU team of years past, their defense gives up big plays and they have a QB who has trouble discerning who is on his team.

Saban will have the team ready for this game, in fact I feel like he's had the team ready for this game all summer. Cody is back, between him and Chapman I don't see Charles Scott being able to get it going, and from what I've heard the Tigers are going to be getting a steady dose of Coffee/Ingram/Upchurch, more so than usual even.

This is an Alabama team that won't be intimidated by the road atmosphere, I'm particularly happy that it's not a night game at Tiger Stadium, and they've proven themselves on the road all season long. Saban will have a better game plan than Miles and he's going to force Jarrett Lee to beat him, which I don't think he'll be able to. I just don't see any angle in which you can back LSU in this one, it's 'Bama or nothing.

Nice post. Total agreement. :shake:

And it might also be a very likely scenario for LSU today. I do agree that LSU will be highly motivated for this game today at home but Saban surely knows that and has prepared his team for a battle. I think, like you stated about the Georgia game, Bama comes out early and punches them in the face just like they did to Georgia. LSU's defense is questionable right now IMO. Should be a great game. Good Luck which ever way you go SportsNut. :cheers:

Thanks Shark. Alot of guess work for sure I would not deny that . Like I said LSU big issue is not only INTs but pick 6's which uhm plays right into the hands of Bama . I just think it so well publicized at this point it somehow works itself out for LSU . Either they run more and ask less of Lee or Lee learned his lesson after the one vs Tulane (maybe the boos were a light bulb).

I think as much as Bama did punch Georgia as I described above the Bulldogs gave a TON of help bewteen penalties on the 1st 2 drives which probably turned no points into 10 , a shanked punt setting up a short field then the strip on the catch later in the half . It seemed to snowball on them and again not that Georgia didnt take Bama seriously but Georgia was flying high at the time. Probably came in over confident and possibly with the blackout to emotional ( say that because of 2 early roughing the passers) . Plus Georgia's OL is young and was in transition with so many injuries. I dont think Bama could do that again to Georgia just perfect timing.

The LSU defense has questions but the lesser offenses havent done much and Georgia hung 52 but 17 off INTs and 68 yd TD run on poor tackling thats half the pts on mistakes. To me Bama is a very ordinary SEC offense with some talented RBs . :cheers:

Had to play some LSU at +4...

Will I am opposite it is a very good post . I just look at situations and bet lines more then teams . If Bama passes this test I will tip my hat . Also good point about the night game it would be much crazier atmosphere if it was but then again I am sure it will be insane regardless.

I respect Saban as much as you guys do but for all the respect he is being given how come he cant fix his offense versus these terrible teams on his schedule? I really think we see an effort like LSU showed @ SoCar on defense . Granted SoCar with Spurrier slings it all day and Bama looking to pound it but sort of IMO comparable offenses as far as effeciency goes IMO . I still think that @ Tenny is telling if the VOLS have any sort of offense that game goes to the wire . Bama feeds off the other teams mistakes and while that is certainly an issue for LSU think they avoid it today.

GL and post more often !:cheers:

Will I am opposite it is a very good post . I just look at situations and bet lines more then teams . If Bama passes this test I will tip my hat . Also good point about the night game it would be much crazier atmosphere if it was but then again I am sure it will be insane regardless.

I respect Saban as much as you guys do but for all the respect he is being given how come he cant fix his offense versus these terrible teams on his schedule? I really think we see an effort like LSU showed @ SoCar on defense . Granted SoCar with Spurrier slings it all day and Bama looking to pound it but sort of IMO comparable offenses as far as effeciency goes IMO . I still think that @ Tenny is telling if the VOLS have any sort of offense that game goes to the wire . Bama feeds off the other teams mistakes and while that is certainly an issue for LSU think they avoid it today.

GL and post more often !:cheers:

I've always thought 'Bama plays to their competition. I always love 'Bama as an underdog, they don't ever get blown out, and quite frankly we've rarely blown people out either. However, this team has taken to the attitude of Saban and has that "killer instinct" I really like to see in big games. They've shown a propensity to jump on teams from the opening kickoff and while they've had some second half letdowns, I don't see Lee being able to lead one of those comebacks like Stafford did.

I generally bet situations as opposed to teams, however I feel as if the team will overcome the situation today. I hate road chalk period. However, this Alabama team has shown that they can handle a hostile environment and I feel like the style of play that 'bama has is demoralizing to a home crowd. There's nothing worse than watching a team run it down your throat on a 14 play drive on their way to a touchdown. It's a boring brand of football and frankly I love it.

I've always thought 'Bama plays to their competition. I always love 'Bama as an underdog, they don't ever get blown out, and quite frankly we've rarely blown people out either. However, this team has taken to the attitude of Saban and has that "killer instinct" I really like to see in big games. They've shown a propensity to jump on teams from the opening kickoff and while they've had some second half letdowns, I don't see Lee being able to lead one of those comebacks like Stafford did.

I generally bet situations as opposed to teams, however I feel as if the team will overcome the situation today. I hate road chalk period. However, this Alabama team has shown that they can handle a hostile environment and I feel like the style of play that 'bama has is demoralizing to a home crowd. There's nothing worse than watching a team run it down your throat on a 14 play drive on their way to a touchdown. It's a boring brand of football and frankly I love it.

Again very true . The key besides the turnovers is also LSU NOT falling behind in the 1st Q which we know Bama has been terrific in . Definetly agree with you on that and the fact Lee is nowhere near Stafford. It's also true the Bama offense has done alot of positive things early vs the better competition.

I think alot has to do with Bama sneaking up on teams in some ways because they didnt have loft expectations this season . The issue I have is your correct they allowed alot of teams to hang around by not putting them away early such as Ole Miss and even Kentucky form what I recall. If that again happens though this is the type of spot where it bites you in the ass IMO.

Just think in the end LSU being the home dog is in the better spot . Bama has the side attraction of Saban but also the new #1 ranking . I think if Bama wins it by 1 to 3 pts . Just my opinion on the game and I agree grinders are frustrating in reference to the teams who put those long back breaking drives together and play great defense . Just interested as well to see what happens if Bama doesnt get u quickly what do they look like then . GL :cheers:

money;money; Good game.

This play just bought me 2 tickets to Hawaii. 2 more to go :smiley_acbe:

Nice hit brotha. I was on it as well for my largest play of the year. For the people that bet on Jarrett Lee and that defense - I'm sorry. :smiley_acbe:

Come on really ? Bama is so overrated and they proved it on national TV . Bama finally play a decent team who was ready for them and look what happened . LSU is a team with alot oft alent but not much else. The problem is Lee threw all those picks on 3 rd downs trying to make something happen . LSU didnt even play a great game and had 4 INTS including another pick 6 and the best Bama did was lead by 7 . Bama should have won by 3 points but it wasnt to be...

I thought Bama couldnt be run on either . How did that work out ?? Bama is just lucky to face teams with talented but incompotent offenses . They arent top 5 in the country let alone #1 .

Bama got outplayed and showed if they had to play 3 or 4 real games in arow they would be in trouble. Bama had a TD lead and allowed Lee to drive down the field and score to tie it . So much for that unstoppable defense.

Bama's a nice little team but nothing special . The SEC is way down this year and this again reiterates it . If your trying to say you expected Lee to throw 4 picks then how do you account for the fact the game went to OT ? The killer besides the 3 Lee picks that basically led to 3 Bama TDs ( 2 in the 1st H and OT) was the fact LSU had a chance to take the lead before half and rather then run the ball some they didnt get any yards and David misses a 42 yd FG before half. Not to mention the other Lee int came inside the Bama 30 taking away a FG opp . If Bama was so good LSU would never be moving the ball or in position to score .

Game went as expected and LSU simply made 1 mistake to many.

Bottom line in gambling....A WIN IS A WIN......:cheers: As long as you're on the right side you're the winner. If we all knew how games would end then there wouldn't be any gambling involved. That's why I say "talk is cheap" show me the money money;money;

Come on really ? Bama is so overrated and they proved it on national TV . Bama finally play a decent team who was ready for them and look what happened . LSU is a team with alot oft alent but not much else. The problem is Lee threw all those picks on 3 rd downs trying to make something happen . LSU didnt even play a great game and had 4 INTS including another pick 6 and the best Bama did was lead by 7 . Bama should have won by 3 points but it wasnt to be...

I thought Bama couldnt be run on either . How did that work out ?? Bama is just lucky to face teams with talented but incompotent offenses . They arent top 5 in the country let alone #1 .

Bama got outplayed and showed if they had to play 3 or 4 real games in arow they would be in trouble. Bama had a TD lead and allowed Lee to drive down the field and score to tie it . So much for that unstoppable defense.

Bama's a nice little team but nothing special . The SEC is way down this year and this again reiterates it . If your trying to say you expected Lee to throw 4 picks then how do you account for the fact the game went to OT ? The killer besides the 3 Lee picks that basically led to 3 Bama TDs ( 2 in the 1st H and OT) was the fact LSU had a chance to take the lead before half and rather then run the ball some they didnt get any yards and David misses a 42 yd FG before half. Not to mention the other Lee int came inside the Bama 30 taking away a FG opp . If Bama was so good LSU would never be moving the ball or in position to score .

Game went as expected and LSU simply made 1 mistake to many.

LSU mistakes is the reason they keep losing games, SN. Lee's INTs, the safeties habitual missed tackles when trying to fill the rushing gaps. The talent level is there for LSU to have a good team for years to come, but they need a QB that manage a game and a defense that does not make mistakes. Notice the QBs LSU won both their titles with: Mauck and Flynn. Smart QBs that did force things but always were smart on the field; they would never lose the game for you. That cannot be said about Lee, Hatch is not an option, and the coaches are hesitant to put Jefferson in the game.

The game went to OT because Bama turned the ball over just as much as LSU. Give LSU experience in the secondary and a QB that does not give the opponent 2-3 TDs a game and you have a hell of a team.

Have no fear though, SN, because Florida is walking away with the SEC crown. Now that Iowa eliminated the Tiny Ten, we should see the real national championship game with the SEC champ playing the Big 12 champ. I think it's obvious that the SEC as a conference is down this year. Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee are embarrassments. And I doubt many will argue that the B12 is the toughest conference this year. I just hope we don't see BCS shenanigans if OU beats TT then the B12 has a bunch of one loss teams with no good head-to-head tiebreaker. It is also unfortunate that the good teams have to be crowded in the B12 South.

Back