AG's Tree House - 8/7 Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Overall 318-266 +36.81 units

Yo. I went 1-1 as usual yesterday..thats ok I guess.

Cardinals -133 to win 1 unit

Lohse is 7-1 at home with a 2.92 ERA and the Cardinals are 32-27 at home, theyve been playing pretty well the last few and the Dodgers have only won one while Manny has been on the team. Kershaw doesnt have too much experience on the road...0-1..5.82 ERA.

Florida +194 to bet 1 unit

Ok why not? Florida is hovering around .500 this season on the road, and the Phillies are just 5 over .500 at home. Volstad is 2-0 with a 1.62 ERA on the road!

@ Cubs 2 ER ND 6 Innings
@ LA 1 ER W 8.2 Innings
@ Col 0 ER W 2.0 Innings (injury)

All the same...3 runs on the road with 16.2 innings is very impressive.

While for some reason the bats dont work for Hamels while hes at home, he has a 3.08 ERA at home, but just a 5-5 record. In fact he hasnt gotten a win at home since June 16th against the Red Sox, hes gotten 4 ND's and a L since then at home.

Anyway, its a very high number, dont see why its not worth the stabs, also the Marlins looked terrible today, hoping they come back for a winner

I'm normally all for taking a +200 dog like the Fish, but I'm going to have to keep looking into it because of the bad taste in my mouth from today's shit performance. They definitely are a perfect "why not?" play as you've mentioned though.

All for fading the Dodgers right now. Getting too much respect because of Manny..... on the flip side, they got everyone's attention because of Manny too. Looks like they'll be getting everyone's "A" game for a little while. Lohse's really only had a couple bad outings since May, and they were both on the road. Gotta like the Cards here.

GL Gurv

Love your Fish bet, I think this is a top class value opportunity right here, win or lose. The line definitely isn't telling the whole story.

GL Alex:cheers:

Florida +194 to bet 1 unit

Ok why not? Florida is hovering around .500 this season on the road, and the Phillies are just 5 over .500 at home. Volstad is 2-0 with a 1.62 ERA on the road!

@ Cubs 2 ER ND 6 Innings
@ LA 1 ER W 8.2 Innings
@ Col 0 ER W 2.0 Innings (injury)

All the same...3 runs on the road with 16.2 innings is very impressive.

While for some reason the bats dont work for Hamels while hes at home, he has a 3.08 ERA at home, but just a 5-5 record. In fact he hasnt gotten a win at home since June 16th against the Red Sox, hes gotten 4 ND's and a L since then at home.

Anyway, its a very high number, dont see why its not worth the stabs, also the Marlins looked terrible today, hoping they come back for a winner[/quote]

Great analysis and good Value! More then sufficient to convince me. Hell the Fish are vying for a post season berth. We may need a lucky bounce or two but since baseball remains a game of inches it's well within the realm of possibilities! BOL :cheers:

I like the fish but I don't have big enough balls to bet against Hamels at home regardless of what has happened lately. I like the Cards bet although I have seen way too many people on the Dodgers today.

Jenkins grounds out... we go to the 9th... 3-0 Fish!

Lidge in for Philly in the 9th

Just thought some of you might be interested in an update!

Ramirez thrown out trying to score for Fish. Remains 3-0 in the last of the 9th
It's now 2 out with a man on 3rd for Philly. And suddenly it is over. What a sensational pick for those that had it. I think a lot of credit goes to Alex who calmly made the argument that convinced me. Great work!

:cheers:

Ramirez thrown out trying to score for Fish. Remains 3-0 in the last of the 9th
It's now 2 out with a man on 3rd for Philly. And suddenly it is over. What a sensational pick for those that had it. I think a lot of credit goes to Alex who calmly made the argument that convinced me. Great work!

:cheers:

Thanks man, wish the Cardinals did the same thing and got some runs on the board :cheers:

Back